TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-04-2010, 11:22 AM   #1
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

Should you become a citizen just for being born in the US?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_republ...ht_citizenship

I thought this was an interesting read and something that I've been saying for years. You should not be born a US citizen unless your parents are US citizens. Technically, if your parents are here illegially, then you got her illegally and shouldn't have the same rights as me. Deportation sounds good to me.

Amending this may not curb illegal immigration, but atleast it is a step in the right direction.

Last edited by jpalamar; 08-04-2010 at 11:27 AM.
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:29 AM   #2
Elliott18t
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9456

My Ride:
03 GTI w/ F4h-T 250-260hp goal

Send a message via AIM to Elliott18t
now i think it goes, baby stays parents leave. No more baby anchors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

TST's Dub Cult
Elliott18t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:47 AM   #3
james_ls
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1614

My Ride:
1998 Acura Integra LS//VTEC

Send a message via AIM to james_ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott18t View Post
now i think it goes, baby stays parents leave. No more baby anchors.
That's kinda immoral.

Who the **** are we to strip someone of your child?

Immigrant or not its called human-god-damn-rights.

Everyone should go.

Case closed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
BUY MY STUFF!

james_ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:58 AM   #4
omgjacki
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5869

My Ride:
2018 CX-5 GT Premium, 2018 Honda Grom

Send a message via AIM to omgjacki Send a message via Yahoo to omgjacki
Agree. If you aren't here legally, don't think multiplying will save you. You're all swimming back, newborn and all.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:34 PM   #5
Elliott18t
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9456

My Ride:
03 GTI w/ F4h-T 250-260hp goal

Send a message via AIM to Elliott18t
i dont make the rules.

TST's Dub Cult
Elliott18t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:37 PM   #6
wheresmycar
Tri-State Addict

Member #5863

No.
There are people taking advantage of the loophole. One parent is a citizen = they get to stay

Last edited by wheresmycar; 08-04-2010 at 12:43 PM.
wheresmycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:53 PM   #7
~Brian~
Tri-State Addict

Member #1019

My Ride:
2014 Honda Accord V6, 2015 Ducati 899 Panigale, 2018 Yamaha R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgjacki View Post
Agree. If you aren't here legally, don't think multiplying will save you. You're all swimming back, newborn and all.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:19 PM   #8
Whitekryptonit3
Tri-State Addict

Member #7046

My Ride:
MK5 .:R32 #832

Send a message via AIM to Whitekryptonit3
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgjacki View Post
Sig worthy....

Quote:
Truth.
Whitekryptonit3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:24 PM   #9
Subie_sleeper
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5775

My Ride:
'06 Subaru Baja Turbo. Cash consuming vortex from HELL

Should you become a citizen just for being born in the US?

If one parent is a citizen the kid should get dual citizenship as long as the other parent gets his/her citizenship. Otherwise I agree with Jackie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-04-2010, 01:26 PM   #10
thefro526
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7892

My Ride:
1996 240sx & 1989 240sx Coupe

Send a message via AIM to thefro526
I'm feeling this.

Seems like a lot of illegals come over here and make babies so they can stay.

I'd like to see a law where at least one of a US-Born person's parents had to be a Citizen for them to get Citizenship.

Quote:
Also do some things with it, with fro boy's whip.
Quote:
At this rate, though, it'll be 2015 before either of you gets yo whips running right.
thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:14 PM   #11
DriftNasty180sx
Tri-State Addict

Member #2747

My Ride:
180sx- FIVESTARS

sorry i cant agree my whole family took you gringos for a ride lol....i am one of 3 reasons that my parents are still here... They were illegals for mad long. I think until i was like 15yrs old.... BUT we pay our taxes! well sometimes. lamo...
Old 08-04-2010, 02:30 PM   #12
ASIAN JUL
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9030

My Ride:
'95 Integra LS hatch

I'd be interested to see if any of you were born to immigrant parents in another country, if you'd be so quick to decide that everyone should go back.

That said, I don't think parents should be granted citizenship just because they did the Dirty Debbie and managed to pop out a baby.
|
]

Quote:
It was the sexual guardian angel saying sir your stroke is on point, go forth and conquer
ASIAN JUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:38 PM   #13
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

There is a big difference between being an immigrent(still a citizen of another country but in the US legally) and being an illegal immigrant(should have NO rights at all). I don't see how you can be a citizen in country A but your child is a citizen in country B just because they were born there. It just blows my mind. It isn't like you can't apply for naturalization and all that good stuff.

I'm all for immigration if it is done legally and doesn't exploit the system. I'm also all for canceling everyones work visa and sending them home since we are in a recession(hovering arround 10% for awhile now). We should take care of our own 10% of unemployed before helping others. But that is a whole different bad of worms.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:49 PM   #14
ASIAN JUL
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9030

My Ride:
'95 Integra LS hatch

I'm all for preserving the Constitution and considering this has been part of the Constitution since 1868, for the most part, I say leave it alone. Though the proposed change makes sense.
|
]

Quote:
It was the sexual guardian angel saying sir your stroke is on point, go forth and conquer
Old 08-04-2010, 02:54 PM   #15
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASIAN JUL View Post
I'm all for preserving the Constitution and considering this has been part of the Constitution since 1868, for the most part, I say leave it alone. Though the proposed change makes sense.
Slavery was legal at one time too, guess what... it was wrong and laws changed. Just because something worked 100+ years ago doesn't mean it does in this day and age.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:03 PM   #16
ASIAN JUL
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9030

My Ride:
'95 Integra LS hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamar View Post
Slavery was legal at one time too, guess what... it was wrong and laws changed. Just because something worked 100+ years ago doesn't mean it does in this day and age.
Quote:
Since you clearly missed it.
|
]

Quote:
Old 08-04-2010, 03:08 PM   #17
Fujito
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10571

My Ride:
Toyota Celica

jus soli
jus sanguinis

I agree with the latter, and I'm sure most Americans are in accord.

Like the article said, tampering with the constitution is a sticky situation. I'm all for changing it to get rid of jus soli, but what will they add?

And I'm pro immigration, and I don't mind illegals coming in here either.
Fujito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 03:08 PM   #18
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

Quote:
Since you clearly missed it.
Thats putting it nicely.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:08 PM   #19
g0dzuki
Tri-State Addict

Member #15544

My Ride:
Scion tC

To the OP, if you say that one should not be a citizen unless your parents are citizens, then I guess 2/3's of the United States current citizens should be revoked of their citizenship and be sent back to their "home" country because I know many people are 2nd or 3rd generation in the United States and are the only US citizens within their family.

My parents are citizens at the moment but when I was born they weren't citizens, so your basically implying that for someone that was in my situation which is basically half the population or more in the United States; that they should be kicked out?

If our parents or grandparents had the opportunity, I believe others should have that opportunity as well. It should just be well organized and controlled but not made illegal or unlawful. If you want to come here, fill out the necessary paperwork and come, end of story.

g0dzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 03:13 PM   #20
Khellen
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5720

My Ride:
05 STi 30R Brotated 400awhp

Send a message via AIM to Khellen
I understand why people come to this country and respect that they want a better life but using loopholes in the system just demeans and destroys that which they are coming to achieve.

I personally think we should be searching for more ways an illegal immigrant can "serve" the country to gain citizenship. That sounds completely fair. Join the military, do community service, or just something to proove you want to contribute to the country and not just take from it.

It's in the best interest of the country to have these people contributing, paying taxes, and integrating into our society. Not just locking themselves in small communities of other illegal immigrants and popping out babies to stick around.
2004 Honda S2000
2002 Subaru Outback LL Bean

Last edited by Khellen; 08-04-2010 at 03:15 PM.
Khellen is offline   Reply With Quote