TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > General Car Related Chat
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-14-2009, 12:26 PM   #1
crexxy90
Tri-State Addict

Member #8698

My Ride:
2011 Mazdaspeed 3, 2003 Ford Taurus

Send a message via AIM to crexxy90
Shipping a car from colorado to here...

My roomate just bought a car in denver and needs to get it back here but neither of us know where to look as far as shipping companies. We need some help here!

Also wondering if it would just be cheaper to take a flight out and drive it back.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:33 PM   #2
agoodall
Tri-State Addict

Member #4049

My Ride:
01 Lexus IS300

Send a message via AIM to agoodall
if you google auto shipping companies a lot of options come up, it will be cheaper to have it shipped then to fly out and drive back the cost of gas alone driving it back will make your stomach turn...unless your boy bought a honda insight
i find whipping it out as soon as possible gets rid of that gray area that leads to the "friend zone". but thats just my experience. your results may vary
agoodall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:47 PM   #3
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
I dunno, when I looked at having a car shipped from out west it was a solid $800... so if you could get a one way flight for $200-250 then spend another 200-250 on gas you'd probably be in for less than shipping, but the question is do yo have the time?
Road trips are fun as hell, if you have the time (and the car is reliable) then make an adventure out of it and go explore all kinds of random places along the way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:58 PM   #4
pharnhyte
Tri-State Addict

Member #2787

My Ride:
98 supra tt/(2)97 supra tt

Send a message via AIM to pharnhyte
I have shipped a few cars before. I used Red Carpet Auto, and another company. They are all brokers though, but use this:

http://www.transportreviews.com/

Stay away from DAS if its a car that will get much attention. They use terminals, and your car could get unloaded at any of them, and some douche bagel could take it out for a spin.
97 Supra TT auto bpu daily #1
97 Supra TT auto #2
pharnhyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:01 PM   #5
poolmike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #543

My Ride:
'68 Kaiser M715/ '37 Ford truck/'47 Dodge truck

Had the Moke shipped from Alabama to my door for $600 when diesel was $5/gallon. Just email a shipping broker and you will get all kinds of quotes. The carriers are starving right now, so sharpen your tongue and negotiate a deal.
1937 Ford pick-up
1950 Crosley Farm-o-Road
poolmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:32 PM   #6
215ek
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8604

My Ride:
is rubbin, therefore its dubbin

Send a message via AIM to 215ek
yea if you know the car is in good shape and will make it, id say fly and drive, if ts a realistic option. just buying a car hed love driving the hell out of it back. itd be an adventure lol

215ek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 02:21 PM   #7
jjm4life
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4443

My Ride:
jew canoe

Send a message via AIM to jjm4life
forget driving. save yourself the mileage and the time. have it shipped. i will ask my father what company we ship my grandmothers SL with.. by the way, there are options such as open or enclosed trailer ect. all depends how much youre looking to spend.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:02 AM   #8
NOPSTNS
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3176

troll makes a great point, a one way ticket would be cheap and the cost of gas may not be too bad. but u also have to weigh the option of the road trip being worth it, who has the time? would u have to take off from work?

i shipped my rx8 in an open carrier from philly to los angeles last year and it cost about 900 dollars and got there in about 5 ish days. i was happy with that. heres the company i used. and the service center is full of friendly women, so i sure didnt mind callin to bitch that the carrier was 43 seconds late to our meeting spot.

free online quote in 3 mins too...

http://www.autotransportdirect.com/

fill in the boxes and ur set for a quote.

hope i helped
NOPSTNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:49 PM   #9
crexxy90
Tri-State Addict

Member #8698

My Ride:

Just found out this morning he bought another car in florida so the plan is im picking up the talon in colorado and hes getting the ae86 in miami, one way tickets just seem to be more cost effective. Even though were both going to lose a long weekend driving itll be worth it in the end.

Thanks for all the help guys!
Old 04-16-2009, 07:36 PM   #10
projexxx
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #3277

My Ride:
1992 Cressida, 1998 T4R

hahah tell him to go with you. road trips are more fun with 2 ppl. then have the corolla shipped. it wont make it back anyway
projexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:09 PM   #11
EACH IT
Tri-State Addict

Member #13122

My Ride:
06 wrx

I just moved back from colorado to philly, approx. 1900 miles in two days, I moved my wrx by moving truck and trailer. It cost me about $500 to tow my car here, I suggest if the car is drivable, fly out and drive it back. What car did you buy and from who if I might ask? I might know the person/car.

Last edited by EACH IT; 04-16-2009 at 08:15 PM.
EACH IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:41 PM   #12
crexxy90
Tri-State Addict

Member #8698

My Ride:

Guy from colorado's name was Jeff and the car was a 95 eagle talon tsi, maroon with a 16g, fmic and other go fast goodies. Dont know that much about cause like i said it was my roomates buy not mine. Still the plan is to just drive out and pick up both.

The ae will definetly make it back, may not be an easy drive but itll make the trip, after that itll just be a weekend fun car.