TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Ask The Law
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-09-2010, 12:38 PM   #1
neon98ACR
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #18254

My Ride:
1998 Dodge Neon ACR 1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max Macrocab Turbo

Accident Question

On March 30, 2009 I was rear-ended about 5 min after school got out. I was pulling into my friends driveway, my brake-lights all worked and so did my blinkers. I was driving a Red car and there was about 400ft of distance from the turn the girl came around that she could have seen me.

Well low and behold, she must be blind or very ignorant... she had "attempted" to blow past me instead of slowing down and waiting or slowly passing around me. Well he judging was off and she cracked me at around 60-70mph, (she even told her friends it was around 60mph a week after it happened)...

She hit the driver rear of my car and spun me 180 into a rock wall were I stopped, even knocked some rocks out. She proceeded to continue past the point of the incident because of how fast she was going, she went about 75-100ft before it a mound of rocks (that she jumped) and finally stopped.

Now this happened at about 3:05 P.M. and a friend stopped by called the school and the school called the police, well 2hrs later a Gibson Police officer shows up.

Now at this time my family knew and a few friends knew, so there were a bunch of people with me, (it hurt me a lot because it's a rare car, 1985 Mitsubishi Starion ESi or A.K.A. 85.5) so when the officer showed up he passed by a few vehicles one of which is my brother's 1991 300GT VR-4, he gave him a ticket for burning out because his front tires were bald. (It's AWD!!!)

Now he came over to me asked what happened then told me to go to the hospital, I never got anything else. Well I just went and bought insurance on my own, and I have that accident as me being At Fault. I was rear-ended yet I caused the accident?! I called the Gibson Police Station and the officer that picked up told me, after searching for the case since I wasn't given a case number...., the officer's name that was on call and he said he would have him call me, that was 2 weeks ago... SO I'm just ranting about that particular officer and about how could someone come up with me being At Fault?

I will post pics of it shortly.

^^Way up where that truck is coming down the road she could see and were my car is where it happened...

^^The 180 into the rock wall.

^^ From here is about the accident (add about 2-5ft..) and you can see the mark from her flat tire.

^^ The mound of rocks she jumped..

^^ Totally destroyed her car...

^^My car at least was driveable. I drove it for a few days after replacing the taillight.

Last edited by neon98ACR; 11-09-2010 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Pictures.
neon98ACR is offline   Reply With Quote