TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Ask The Law
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 07-06-2010, 07:18 PM   #1
DesertStormRSX03
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #16467

Carless Driving and 2pts?

I was heading out to margate city NJ to go to the local honda dealer to get some parts for my car and on the causeway i see 4 police cars that have pulled over 4 cars so i was like what the heck are they doing. Im on my way back about 30 minutes later. This police officer gets behind me and puts his lights on so i pulled over to the shoulder still rolling 20mph for like 45 seconds. The person in front of me does the same thing, Meanwhile the officer is in the middle of the road with his lights on. The officer had plenty of room to go around me and pass on the other side of the road. i had my hazards on and the shoulder is probably 3ft wide and full of rocks so i was thinking okay this shoulder isnt big enough let me find a safe place for both of us. I pull over into this opening thats is fairly large. Speed limit was 45 i was doing 40 because i saw him and the 3 other cops cars with people pulled over in the same area. He gives me a carless driving for failing to yeild to emergency vehicle when i was on the shoulder and gave me plenty of room to pass. I got 2 points and he gave me a court date.

This is what i was thinking. If there was an emergency why would he take the time to pull me over?. I feel like this was a cheap way to pull people over. I was doing nothing wrong. I was listening to brad paisley looking forward to a great day of working on my car and i get slapped with 2 points.

My question any police officer aloud to put his lights on if there is no emergency and if you dont pull over ?

i feel like I have been seriously dicked over. not to mention he threw my license and paper work at me and said have a nice day.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:48 PM   #2
Bane
[TST] Police Officer

Member #8526

My Ride:
Will P.I.T. you

sounds cheap yea, best choice is the just stop and if he wants you to move hell tell you. There is a stretch of road I run speed on that has no shoulder when I stop people ill tell them to pull into one of the side streets.

Go to court on that one if it went down like you say it did explain to the judge and see if hell be understanding. PA resident or NJ resident?
Old 07-07-2010, 08:13 PM   #3
DesertStormRSX03
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #16467

From PA and i have a house in NJ so both lol I have PA tags and license