TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > General Car Related Chat
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 09-15-2010, 09:17 PM   #1
1320VR4
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #17321

My Ride:
93 Stealth / 92 VR4

aftermarket ac condensors?

Alright so this is probably praticaly unheard of however I'm looking to fabricate up an aftermarket ac condensor setup.

on stock vr4's you have twin side mount intercoolers with a side mount oil cooler behind the drivers side intercooler. In the center you have the ac condensor and radiator.

On mine I have a giant FMIC, the ac condensor and a nice aftermarket radiator.

So the stock Oil cooler on the drivers side gets ample air however I'm finding the car runs a little hot, never overheats, but runs hotter than it should.

The fins on the fmic and the radiator are fresh and new and wide so I have no doubt that enough air is getting through the fmic. Unfortunatly the ac condensor between the two is in rough shape from 122,000 miles of running into rocks and bugs and regular road debris, that and the fins are much smaller and tighter than those of the rad and fmic.

So basic question, I want to get an ac condensor about a foot by a foot and however deep, even smaller than that would be cool, I'm looking for something a bit deeper rather than wider.

I'm not too concerned about having the a/c as abnoxiously artic cold as it is now as long as on 100 degree days I can cool myself off so I dont slide off my seat from mega swamp ass.

help, advice or ideas would be fantastic!

Matt
1993 Mazda RX7 FD3S, work in progress
1320VR4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 05:39 PM   #2
GmFwd
Tri-State Addict

Member #7981

My Ride:
S15 DD, srt4 drift missile

Your best option will be to look into the non automotive world like window unit AC's and wall mounts and stuff. Most car ones are very thin.

Get some of the lines with it and you can bring your vr4 lines and the ac units lines to a hose/line shop and they can reproduce them in any length you need.