TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-22-2019, 03:28 PM   #8281
Foolinaround
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #9448

My Ride:
2016 GTI SE w/PP/Boeing C-17 Globemaster III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bates View Post
It did, but those are just videos, still doesn't give you the kind of communication that you get from a forum. YT comment sections don't count either.

I miss this place when it used to be busy. I still wear my TST hoodie that I won at the final Spring Meet whenever I am working on my car lol.
I agree with you, just dropping my thoughts on the subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWalt View Post
I hate that forums are all crap these days. Facebook groups suck ass for so many reasons
Too many people out there stating opinions as fax. I see it everywhere.
Foolinaround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 11:39 PM   #8282
Got Insulin?
Hard Snarker
Super Moderator

Member #7591

My Ride:
01 Audi TT 225, GVR-4 #72/1000, 91 TSi AWD

Send a message via AIM to Got Insulin?
Is this thing on? Remember that time we cracked the forum limit at like 3600 registered online users?

So weird to think how much of an impact this site had on so many of our lives. I know most of my adult friends through forums and especially TST. Very weird to not log on for two years and only have four active thread.

Last edited by Got Insulin?; 04-22-2019 at 11:51 PM.
Got Insulin? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 12:15 AM   #8283
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Send a message via AIM to DocWalt
Every forum I'm on is much the same. I miss the good old days of reading build threads, now it's Instagram scene kid garbage. It's amazing to think about witnessing the peak of forums in '08-'10 or so to the near death in the past few years. I'm slightly disappointed that my original TST account is gone, haha.

I wonder if forums will become popular again, pretty much every other social media is just spewing stuff into an abyss. If you find a fix for some tech issue there's no way to make it easily searchable for people that run into the same issue. Now instead of being mad at the jerks that came back to their thread with "I fixed it, thanks for the help!" and then disappearing, just be mad that the info isn't available... Or it's available on YouTube with some dude screaming your ear off about subscribing... It's just different these days
DocWalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 07:56 AM   #8284
Bates
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16741

My Ride:
2012 Nissan Juke & 1987 Nissan 300ZX GLL

Quote:
Every forum I'm on is much the same. I miss the good old days of reading build threads, now it's Instagram scene kid garbage. It's amazing to think about witnessing the peak of forums in '08-'10 or so to the near death in the past few years. I'm slightly disappointed that my original TST account is gone, haha.

I wonder if forums will become popular again, pretty much every other social media is just spewing stuff into an abyss. If you find a fix for some tech issue there's no way to make it easily searchable for people that run into the same issue. Now instead of being mad at the jerks that came back to their thread with "I fixed it, thanks for the help!" and then disappearing, just be mad that the info isn't available... Or it's available on YouTube with some dude screaming your ear off about subscribing... It's just different these days
Times are different... well in some aspects anyway. Everyone still drives a damn S13 that's beat to hell that they then try to sell for like $5000 and for some reason cambered wheels are still a thing. Why can't that change?

Hell even meets are getting fewer and fewer and the handful of meets in my area, you are better not going to because people think meets are for doing nothing but burnouts and donuts. Meets now have 3-4 backup locations because cops come immediately. I almost went to a meet somewhere over the boarder in NY last Saturday but thankfully I didn't because the cops came and blocked the only exit and gave everyone tickets.
Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 08:31 AM   #8285
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:
Miata, Miata, Genesis, 08 burb 2500

There really seems to be a lack of doing anything truely interesting with your car. The biggest topic of conversation is wheel offset and lowness, which should be like a 2 minute thought process and move on. Very little interest in doing more difficult things making power, building a good suspension, making a good clean car.

As I'm typing this I wonder if the loss of the forum has contributed to the lack of interesting builds. People aren't learning from/helping each other and only doing what the know, #stancebro.

I DD a genesis coupe. They are some of the most annoying wheel idiots out there.

Miatas! -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

MY EVO (Sold)-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
PAdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 08:59 AM   #8286
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Send a message via AIM to DocWalt
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAdutch View Post
There really seems to be a lack of doing anything truely interesting with your car. The biggest topic of conversation is wheel offset and lowness, which should be like a 2 minute thought process and move on. Very little interest in doing more difficult things making power, building a good suspension, making a good clean car.

As I'm typing this I wonder if the loss of the forum has contributed to the lack of interesting builds. People aren't learning from/helping each other and only doing what the know, #stancebro.

I DD a genesis coupe. They are some of the most annoying wheel idiots out there.
TRUTH. I remember when they first came out and I was excited for them to be super mod friendly and then... they kinda weren't, but kinda were and then stance bull**** happened anyway and ruined them.
DocWalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 09:59 AM   #8287
Bates
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16741

My Ride:

I believe stanced and cambered cars exist simply for us to laugh at them. Nothing like taking a car and making it unsafe, impractical, ugly, and nearly impossible to drive. It's hilarious when they scrape or beach themselves going over a little bump or hill.

Thankfully this isn't a thing Juke or Z31 owners do to their cars.
Old 04-23-2019, 11:08 AM   #8288
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:
Miata, Miata, Genesis, 08 burb 2500

Quote:
TRUTH. I remember when they first came out and I was excited for them to be super mod friendly and then... they kinda weren't, but kinda were and then stance bull**** happened anyway and ruined them.
I bought mine for the warranty and pretty good driving experience but the tuning world really missed the boat with this car. I do believe it could be a great tuner. Plenty of room for tires, engines respond well to mods, looks pretty good, just a little heavy. I have thoughts of building it but its still under drivetrain warranty 6 years later, thanks Hyundai!

O yeah, I has 20 x 10" wheels on it ... when in rome.

Miatas! -

MY EVO (Sold)-
PAdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 01:08 PM   #8289
Big_Jim
Dealing with stupidity.
Super Moderator

Member #7592

I hate that people think a "Build" is wheels and air suspension.
Old 04-24-2019, 10:37 PM   #8290
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Jim View Post
I hate that people think a "Build" is wheels and air suspension.
My Corvette has wheels. Guess I’m one of those guys now LOL
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 07:59 AM   #8291
Bates
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16741

My Ride:

So anyone going to see Avengers: Endgame tonight? I friggin can't wait.
Old 04-25-2019, 08:35 AM   #8292
Big_Jim
Dealing with stupidity.
Super Moderator

Member #7592

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamar View Post
My Corvette has wheels. Guess I’m one of those guys now LOL
Just add bags!
Old 04-25-2019, 09:04 AM   #8293
mckpat03
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #15251

My Ride:
Mainly VWs

Send a message via AIM to mckpat03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bates View Post
So anyone going to see Avengers: Endgame tonight? I friggin can't wait.
I'm very hyped for the movie, but I'm gonna wait a weekend or two, lol. Crowds aren't my thing, haha.
mckpat03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 10:33 AM   #8294
Bates
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16741

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckpat03 View Post
I'm very hyped for the movie, but I'm gonna wait a weekend or two, lol. Crowds aren't my thing, haha.
Going to be hard to not spoil it for yourself waiting that long. Thursday showings for me really don't bring much of a crowd.
Old 04-25-2019, 02:09 PM   #8295
Foolinaround
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #9448

My Ride:

I'm trying to find tickets near me that aren't **** and its almost impossible. I don't want it spoiled so I've been avoiding the internet
Old 04-26-2019, 10:41 AM   #8296
Big_Jim
Dealing with stupidity.
Super Moderator

Member #7592

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foolinaround View Post
I'm trying to find tickets near me that aren't **** and its almost impossible. I don't want it spoiled so I've been avoiding the internet
good thing you came here, you wont see spoilers lol
Old 04-26-2019, 11:05 PM   #8297
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foolinaround View Post
Bryan do you still pay to host this site?
I do, just can’t bear to close it down. I would love for it to be active and awesome with new activity but even if not I see it as a pretty rad archive.
Wish Google didn’t boot me from the ads system, would be nice if the site at least covered it’s own expenses but meh, it’s all good.

And I’m late to the convo, but I’ve wondered what the next evolution will be because FB groups just don’t organize and archive info in a useful way like forums do so the info and knowledge doesn’t build upon itself incrementally, it just spirals over and over on the same regurgitated content.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 09:03 AM   #8298
Foolinaround
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #9448

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Jim View Post
good thing you came here, you wont see spoilers lol

I got tickets for tonight at 6. They're not the best seats but they're recliners so we can just lay that thing back and it'll be fine.
Old 04-29-2019, 08:56 AM   #8299
mckpat03
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #15251

My Ride:
Mainly VWs

Send a message via AIM to mckpat03
Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
I do, just can’t bear to close it down. I would love for it to be active and awesome with new activity but even if not I see it as a pretty rad archive.
Wish Google didn’t boot me from the ads system, would be nice if the site at least covered it’s own expenses but meh, it’s all good.

And I’m late to the convo, but I’ve wondered what the next evolution will be because FB groups just don’t organize and archive info in a useful way like forums do so the info and knowledge doesn’t build upon itself incrementally, it just spirals over and over on the same regurgitated content.
It's definitely a neat archive to keep around. Has it been your baby since the very start or did you acquire it at some point? Please excuse my lack of TST trivia knowledge, haha.

I'm also very interested to see what's next for the exact same reasons. Most of the FB groups just end up a dumpster fire of **** posts and comments. Even the heavily moderated ones are difficult to navigate at times, IMO.

I think I'm going to see Endgame tonight at our old little small-town theater, hoping it won't be very busy.
mckpat03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 09:37 AM   #8300
Bates
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16741

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckpat03 View Post
It's definitely a neat archive to keep around. Has it been your baby since the very start or did you acquire it at some point? Please excuse my lack of TST trivia knowledge, haha.

I'm also very interested to see what's next for the exact same reasons. Most of the FB groups just end up a dumpster fire of **** posts and comments. Even the heavily moderated ones are difficult to navigate at times, IMO.

I think I'm going to see Endgame tonight at our old little small-town theater, hoping it won't be very busy.
I have never used FB but that doesn't sound fun. Maybe people should start promoting TST on some of these groups to get some fresh faces in here. I had a few people ask me about my TST hoodie this weekend, and told them it was an old school car forum and they looked at me funny. Damn Facebook generation.