TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > General Car Related Chat
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-29-2005, 05:45 PM   #1
sisforsurfing
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #267

My Ride:
2003 WRX wagon

Send a message via AIM to sisforsurfing
Merkur XR4Ti

I just got back from Florida, and visited a really, really cool car museum in Sarasota. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera (for I think the first time ever), otherwise I'd post up some pictures of the old Maseratis, Vette's, Jaguar XJ220, and an absolutely perfect GNX (among others.))

Suprisingly, next to a 1988 BMW M5, which used to be one of my dream cars, was a Ford Sierra Cosworth. I didn't even care about the M5 anymore, after seeing the Cosworth in some movies and forgetting about it, I realize how cool this car is. But they didn't bring it here... instead the Merkur XR4Ti, which is basically the same thing but a little uglier.

So that was a long-winded way of me asking for ANY info/message boards/pictures/etc of these cars. For the past couple years I'd told myself my first real "project car" would be an E30 M3, but I want one of these WAY more now. Any info on Ford 2.3 Turbos is applicable too, but most people don't know all that much about them either. Thanks everyone.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
sisforsurfing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 06:05 PM   #2
2point4DSM
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #505

My Ride:
08 Sienna Limited AWD, 07 John Deere riding mower, 03 Honda Pilot, 92 GSX

Send a message via AIM to 2point4DSM
I thought I remember seeing one for sale not too long ago on the web. Came with a whole bunch of stuff and it was really nice.

Anyway, I use to have a 88 XR4TI. It was really nice. I liked it a lot. I would have preferred the huge rear wing of the Cosworth car though.

The only thing I know about them is that they weigh a lot! And even though I only had mine for 6 months before it was totalled I remember having to deal with a lot of little quirks on the car.

08 Sienna, limited AWD w/ laser guided cruise control, FTMFW!
2point4DSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 07:30 PM   #3
sisforsurfing
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #267

My Ride:
2003 WRX wagon

Yeah, it was for sale on here if I recall correctly. It came with TONS of extra parts and was already a 13 second car if I remember right.

I hope something like that goes up for sale when I have the money and time for a car like that, it was so ideal. The Cosworth RS wing (and probably the whole front end) would be a must, plus those wheels. They totally change the attitude of the car.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:26 AM   #4
Dave
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #633

My Ride:
Shelby Z, ZJ, NSX, CBR954RR, Hawk GT

Send a message via AIM to Dave Send a message via MSN to Dave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
try www.turboford.net those cars can make REDICULOUS amounts of power on the sohc setup and ive heard some rumors of a volvo dohc head/2.3 block hybrid out there
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 04:18 AM   #5
sisforsurfing
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #267

My Ride:
2003 WRX wagon

Good info on that site, thanks. I didn't realize turbo Fords had such a following.

Anyone else with info? Here's a pic... hopefully I'll have had one by the time I'm 40, haha. Plus, one was in Getaway in Stockholm 2, which is pretty nuts.