TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-02-2008, 08:29 PM   #1
eurotrashed
Tri-State Addict

Member #7580

My Ride:
MKI, MKVI

Guitar Gear

Just wondering what everyone has. Haven't played nearly as much as I used to since I went to College, I miss it.

Antares Acoustic (first guitar)
Fender Stratocaster (Mexican)
Washburn WI-64PL w/ SD-5 Custom humbucker, seriously the best guitar for the money ever, it was like $350, set neck, Bozz Feiten, Grover tuners, Mahogony body and neck and a maple top and it plays oh so well
"Telecaster", it started out as an ebay kit but then I got EMG Tele pickups, Gotoh tuners, and then a custom body made out of Ash or Poplar, I forget. Thinking about selling it.
G&L Tribute SB-2 bass. Tribute line is awesome, cheaper than mexican fenders and has American G&L hardware and pickups.
Taylor "Big Baby," My only US made guitar, got it for $100, bolt on neck with bolts through the ebony fretboard, and it hass a convex back with no bracing. Very strange but sounds good.
Marshall MG50DFX (wish I would have waited for the smaller VOX Valvetronics)
Fender Rumble50 bass amp.
eurotrashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 03:03 PM   #2
eurotrashed
Tri-State Addict

Member #7580

My Ride:
MKI, MKVI

Anyone?

Anyway. Thinking about selling the Telecaster or even just trade it for a SD-2 pickup and cash or something
Old 07-06-2008, 03:17 PM   #3
[sr20]sean
Tri-State Addict

Member #6383

My Ride:
96 nissan 200sx se-r, 89 nissan 240sx hatch

Send a message via AIM to [sr20]sean
i have a jay turser guitar lol
ive had it since like 8th grade but soon im gonna rebuild it with emg's, double locking trem, 24 fret neck, all the good stuff.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
*disclaimer* It was a joke. I don't use condoms. That's what coat hangers at the bottom of staircases are for.
[sr20]sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 03:25 PM   #4
SpEcRv9
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6190

My Ride:
korean supra.

Send a message via AIM to SpEcRv9
i dont have any pics, but i've got a basic fender acoustic guitar I play mostly since my 2 electrics are sitting in pieces waiting to be rebuilt

my 2 electrics are these

one is the above color with factory pickup, one is all black with an EMG-81 humbucker, I love playing single humbucker and I struggle if its anything different lol...

got a behringer 120w amp built in sound effect board, and also have the Digitech RP200

I forget all the specifics since I used it when I was in a band a few years back...
Old 07-06-2008, 03:34 PM   #5
eurotrashed
Tri-State Addict

Member #7580

My Ride:
MKI, MKVI

Tom Delonge edition Strat. lol. I still can't believe they made him his own special edition.

I don't really like the EMGs in my Tele. I thought about swapping it all out for a single humbucker for a beater guitar but that is a lot of money to swap everything. And I would rather just get a good neck pickup in my Washburn
Old 07-06-2008, 03:39 PM   #6
SpEcRv9
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6190

My Ride:
korean supra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurotrashed View Post
Tom Delonge edition Strat. lol. I still can't believe they made him his own special edition.

I don't really like the EMGs in my Tele. I thought about swapping it all out for a single humbucker for a beater guitar but that is a lot of money to swap everything. And I would rather just get a good neck pickup in my Washburn

hahahah almost as bad as the pink mark hoppus bass! yesss i was a blink 182 kid back then, but I honestly loved the guitar not just cause it was his edition...I bought the black one swapped out the humbucker with a EMG 81 modeling the guitarist from New Found Glory Steve Kleins setup, I loved the sound of it more than the other one with the factory Seymour Duncan...those guitars were perfect for the music style I play, since im not really into hard **** that makes me wanna kill myself lol....

they both eventually fell to pieces from me playing so much/hard I gotta have someone rebuild them for me since im not good with wiring...
Old 07-06-2008, 03:41 PM   #7
Mr Tomtastic
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #680

i don't play as much as i would like too, but i got a california strat(american made), a lonestar strat(american made) and a takemine acoustic. they're all original unmodified, i never really got into changing the pickups or anything.
Mr Tomtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 03:58 PM   #8
eurotrashed
Tri-State Addict

Member #7580

My Ride:
MKI, MKVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpEcRv9 View Post
hahahah almost as bad as the pink mark hoppus bass! yesss i was a blink 182 kid back then, but I honestly loved the guitar not just cause it was his edition...I bought the black one swapped out the humbucker with a EMG 81 modeling the guitarist from New Found Glory Steve Kleins setup, I loved the sound of it more than the other one with the factory Seymour Duncan...those guitars were perfect for the music style I play, since im not really into hard **** that makes me wanna kill myself lol....

they both eventually fell to pieces from me playing so much/hard I gotta have someone rebuild them for me since im not good with wiring...
Do you still have the original Seymour Duncan? Want to sell it?
Old 07-06-2008, 04:06 PM   #9
eurotrashed
Tri-State Addict

Member #7580

My Ride:
MKI, MKVI

The Tom Delonge Gibson was even better, it was like $3000 FOR A STRIPPED DOWN e-335 or whatever that semi hallowbody's name is
Old 07-06-2008, 04:15 PM   #10
SpEcRv9
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6190

My Ride:
korean supra.

Quote:
Do you still have the original Seymour Duncan? Want to sell it?
i have it somewhere in my room, i need to find it ill let you know when i do....might be interested in selling it, but the pickup could be defective, ever since i rebuilt the guitar the first time the pickup wouldnt...uh...pickup any sound...when i find it ill figure out if its defective or not.

Quote:
The Tom Delonge Gibson was even better, it was like $3000 FOR A STRIPPED DOWN e-335 or whatever that semi hallowbody's name is
at that point when he changed guitars is when i kinda stopped liking him....blink got worse....the live shows got terrible tom was always wasted and forgetting the words...then he became too good for blink and left...
Old 07-06-2008, 04:25 PM   #11
eurotrashed
Tri-State Addict

Member #7580

My Ride:
MKI, MKVI

yeah, there last album was pretty gay. I still listen to Dude Ranch on a regular basis though. If the pickup worked before you rebuilt it, i bet it was just wired wrong.
Old 07-06-2008, 05:36 PM   #12
timp
Tri-State Addict

Member #8001

My Ride:
1970 VW Karmann Ghia, 1995 Eagle Talon ESi

Send a message via AIM to timp
I've got a Fender Acoustic, Nikko Acoustic Electric (which the neck is warped on because it's junk), and a Greg Bennett Samick electric... big amp, forget what it is without walking downstairs... small Uptown practice amp... I also have an ebow.

currently looking for a nice (but inexpensive) 12-string acoustic electric.

My roommate has a Greg Bennett bass which I've been learning to play Primus songs on lately...
Old 07-06-2008, 05:45 PM   #13
ItsStetch
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #7552

My Ride:
08 Huffy

Send a message via AIM to ItsStetch
I play bass and guitar
Epiphone Thunderbird Bass
Ibanez SGR 200 Bass
Fender DG - 8 Acoustic Guitar
Epiphone G-310 electric guitar

Fender Rumble 60 watt bass amp
Hartke Bass half stack 250 watt head 350 cab
Guitar Research 60 watt half stack.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:53 PM   #14
eurotrashed
Tri-State Addict

Member #7580

My Ride:
MKI, MKVI

My room currently:
Old 01-09-2009, 04:57 PM   #15
The Captain
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3369

My Ride:
Prelude

I can take a picture of my $50 acoustic if you'd like.

Thing has paid for itself so many times over tho. Girl comes into room, one of the first things i hear..."omg you play guitar?!"

- "America is all about speed - hot, nasty bad-ass speed." Eleanor Roosevelt (1965)
The Captain is offline   Reply With Quote