TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-10-2015, 10:33 AM   #1
JCevoX
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #27110

My Ride:
2012 GSR SSS

Lets start a new meet!

Why is the forum nothing like it used to be??? I was on this forum a couple years back. Was vibrant! Had people eager for new members and meets. Now you cant even get a welcome message! What happened? Is there other forums everyone went to? Why no meets?

Last edited by JCevoX; 06-11-2015 at 02:47 PM.
JCevoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 12:19 PM   #2
yellow2000S/R
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2462

My Ride:
1996 7.3 f250, 2001 Focus wagon

I blame a lot of it on Sonic meet not happening last 2 years. Also, as with any forum, members come and go.
yellow2000S/R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 12:31 PM   #3
dangerousatom
[TST] Calendar Master

Member #625

My Ride:
02-04 RS-STi @391whp 02-WRX Wagon @310whp ≈≈≈ Both modded to the hilt w/PPG trans

Send a message via AIM to dangerousatom
Take this for what you want . . . IMO

More then likely due to the fact that most meets/get to gathers/events are now Facebook driven when getting the word out. Also the majority of local PD's have a zero tolerance for anyone loitering anywhere, since basically the 1st fast and furious came out:-/ this forum was a major staging point for meets 4-7 years ago.

I have talked to many people our parents age about it 45-65 and many have said it seems like theres a 10 year up and down trend for the PD to give lenience/blind eye and people to get them going after being totally squashed by a property manager /PD/insurance Co ect. . . We are currently at the bottom of the trend.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

02 WRX Wagon Beater-10/01/11
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
dangerousatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 12:33 PM   #4
dangerousatom
[TST] Calendar Master

Member #625

My Ride:
02-04 RS-STi @391whp 02-WRX Wagon @310whp ≈≈≈ Both modded to the hilt w/PPG trans

Take this for what you want . . . IMO

More then likely due to the fact that most meets/get to gathers/events are now Facebook driven when getting the word out. Also the majority of local PD's have a zero tolerance for anyone loitering anywhere, since basically the 1st fast and furious came out:-/ this forum was a major staging point for meets 4-7 years ago.

I have talked to many people our parents age about it 45-65 and many have said it seems like theres a 10 year up and down trend for the PD to give lenience/blind eye and people to get meets going after being totally squashed by a property manager /PD/insurance Co ect. . . We are currently at the bottom of the trend.

Old 06-10-2015, 12:36 PM   #5
JCevoX

Member #27110

My Ride:
2012 GSR SSS

I hate facebook lol don't have one and never will. I have a police friendly location as long as people follow the rules and still no takers. I posted 4 threads have over 100 views and a total of 6 replies. I just don't get it.
Old 06-10-2015, 12:42 PM   #6
dangerousatom
[TST] Calendar Master

Member #625

My Ride:

Gotcha I'm pretty much agains FB too

Posting pictures of the cars at you meet help a ton from my experience, once you start getting momentum it takes off.

Old 06-10-2015, 12:46 PM   #7
JCevoX

Member #27110

My Ride:
2012 GSR SSS

momentum seems to be the issue lol. I have a nice 450+hp evo x but that's one car!
Old 06-10-2015, 05:59 PM   #8
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

My problem is I don't qant to hang with ****ty cars that have ****ty mods and streched tires. That's why I stopped going to stuff.
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 08:10 PM   #9
Shipman
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #20326

My Ride:
06 STi/08 Legacy/10 Forester

Yeah the car scene is terrible now. Everyone wants to be instafamous and Im not for it. I hang with local guys that Im actually friends with.

Quote:
Not as dead as TST apparently.
Shipman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 08:32 PM   #10
Foolinaround
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #9448

My Ride:
2016 GTI SE w/PP/Boeing C-17 Globemaster III

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamar View Post
My problem is I don't qant to hang with ****ty cars that have ****ty mods and streched tires. That's why I stopped going to stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipman View Post
Yeah the car scene is terrible now. Everyone wants to be instafamous and Im not for it. I hang with local guys that Im actually friends with.
These hit the nail. Now a days cars slammed on there face with "fitment" are all it takes for a build or feature. ****s weak
Foolinaround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 07:01 AM   #11
JCevoX

Member #27110

My Ride:
2012 GSR SSS

I agree with all the above statements. The "stancenation" isn't great. But no meets, is flat out beat as well. I'm sure other people feel the same way we all do so we are the ones that need our own.
Old 06-11-2015, 07:41 AM   #12
Bates
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16741

My Ride:
2012 Nissan Juke & 1987 Nissan 300ZX GLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamar View Post
This +9,001

I am so ****ing sick of seeing stupid cambered out cars and their owners who think they are hot ****. Half the time, it is cambered out XXRs or Rotas and I just laugh.

The car scene has dropped off, and everything FB driven like others have said. Cambered out Hondas, Miatas, G's, and VWs, and beat up S13s/S14s because "drift car" is what the scene has become. Seriously, how many S13s with hacked together SR20s, dented fenders, no bumpers and interior, and rust can I look at?
Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 08:49 AM   #13
JCevoX

Member #27110

My Ride:
2012 GSR SSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bates View Post
This +9,001

I am so ****ing sick of seeing stupid cambered out cars and their owners who think they are hot ****. Half the time, it is cambered out XXRs or Rotas and I just laugh.

The car scene has dropped off, and everything FB driven like others have said. Cambered out Hondas, Miatas, G's, and VWs, and beat up S13s/S14s because "drift car" is what the scene has become. Seriously, how many S13s with hacked together SR20s, dented fenders, no bumpers and interior, and rust can I look at?
LOL well said! But that's the new generation! We here are apparently more old school! So with all the same opinion and all car guys looks like we are establishing something here!
Old 06-11-2015, 06:40 PM   #14
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:
"Honey Badger" Turbo Miata

Send a message via AIM to CleanNeon98
I have to agree with the above. The new major meets seem to be a bit dysfunctional, and while they are big in quantity, most of the cars suck, and the guys with nice cars are either normal or not modest at all and want to talk smack and race for money. I feel the pain as I tried to organize the Bensalem Sonic meets legitimately but it fell apart with the Bensalem PD after a few months.

I just want to go hang out with people, look at stuff, not worry about opening my hood and being followed home and robbed, or being called out to race by cars that are either way faster looking for some quick glory or way slower and don't know their boundaries.

If you have a location in/near Levittown, I would attend at least a few times. I work right in the area and would be nice to meet some people. I've got a decent car, a bit girly but decent.
Old 06-12-2015, 06:59 AM   #15
JCevoX

Member #27110

My Ride:
2012 GSR SSS

Well I'm in Levittown have a police friendly location. Just need the people to wanna join. If any one is down just pm me and ill shoot you my number.
Old 06-12-2015, 01:41 PM   #16
CrazylilPunk
Tri-State Addict

Member #8796

My Ride:
Broom Stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanNeon98 View Post
guys ...want to ...race
Maybe I am the minority here, but I think this is a big part of it. The new generation of "car meet people" don't want to race their cars. Why build a "fast" car if you don't want to go fast?

I am all for car meets, but a car meet without racing is just a car show, and I don't want to look at the same cars every week.

The other major problem is that people come to a meet and they only mingle in their own small circle of friends. OR they act awkward towards outsiders instead of welcoming a new friend - IE meeting.
CrazylilPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 10:31 AM   #17
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:
"Honey Badger" Turbo Miata

Send a message via AIM to CleanNeon98
I'm fine with some racing, I enjoy it, but not when it's a bunch of macho men who come with the intention to only race for money. I also can't be 100% trusting of the ability of the guy racing me to keep his car straight and not to wipe my tiny car off the road. At the end of the day I'm perfectly content just hanging out, making friends, and doing some fun runs sometimes. I'm by no means the "new" generation, I've been going to meets for almost 10 years, but that's just me.

My friend and I actually took a drive the other night, we used to do it back when the MSM was stock. We both noticed that now that we actually have faster cars than we did when we were 18, we drive a lot more sane. I told him it's probably cause we're growing up and starting to realize we don't want to wreck our cars or pay expensive tickets. That's why I don't really care to race. When I was younger I didn't really care, now that I'm older, I have other things to worry about than going to court and fighting to keep my license. No license means no work, means no money, means poor future. Just not worth it IMO. I don't judge, do what you do, but I don't have to or want to be a part of that car culture. I've had many friends who are no longer here because of the poor decisions they made behind the wheel. I don't need to prove myself or my car to anyone, I built it for my enjoyment, not to make money.

Last edited by CleanNeon98; 06-14-2015 at 10:35 AM.
CleanNeon98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 02:54 AM   #18
3K*VR4
Noob-Jersey

Member #26721

My Ride:
'97 Mitsu 3000GT VR4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bates View Post
This +9,001

for the longest time now I thought I was all alone on this haha, I'm glad I decided to randomly come back to this site and see what was going on. I think I like you guys lol.
3K*VR4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 07:22 AM   #19
JCevoX

Member #27110

My Ride:
2012 GSR SSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3K*VR4 View Post
for the longest time now I thought I was all alone on this haha, I'm glad I decided to randomly come back to this site and see what was going on. I think I like you guys lol.

Yea so far this thread needs our own meet.
Old 06-15-2015, 07:55 AM   #20
JCevoX

Member #27110

My Ride:
2012 GSR SSS

Also a car show this weekend at the shore if anyone is interested in meeting up and heading there. ill make a new thread for it