TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 06-22-2008, 07:54 PM   #41
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

Send a message via AIM to Buster
Let me try and help. I think I have just about every path covered with my own car.

1st mods should be a downpipe and up pipe. Both could be found cheap. Pick your poison with DPs they are all basically the same excluding the HKS. HKS is a great choice though. its very cheap and works very well.

Upipes are where most people make a mistake. Get a stock STi up pipe. They work great on all stage vehicles and can be found for around 75 dollars. Bolt right up and rarely leak.

Catbacks again you needent be to concerend with power, as long as its 3" for the most part you will be good. I have an IPP catback I'm selling for 150 in great shape.

That setup with an MBC netted me a 13.2 @102 which is pretty fast for a barely stg.2 WRX.

Tanabe DF 210s should be on for lowering you car, they are affordable, have great spring rates and are ore compliant for daily driving.

Also, pick up an STi intercooler and honestly with just those mods you wont even know it was the same car.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:04 PM   #42
Signatus230
Tri-State Addict

Member #2239

My Ride:
'02 OBP WRX

Send a message via AIM to Signatus230
Hehe, I would definitely listen to Buster, he knows his stuff. Glad to see you have the car you were looking forward to, Its a good color and seems to be in good shape. Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SovXietday
Being as you don't read the lyrics on the radio, I'm sure she'd still be fine.
Signatus230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:49 PM   #43
HickRocket1258
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #415

Send a message via AIM to HickRocket1258
Good pickup and make sure your sister doesn't back into the car haha.

Just a mustang that's lowered.....that's about it.

Work harder....Millions on welfare depend on you!
HickRocket1258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:38 PM   #44
WRX_JB
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1907

My Ride:
2005 Wrx

Send a message via AIM to WRX_JB
Got a link to downpipe set up ?

-AWD Civic 91' - Sold -2000 Cavalier -Sold
-2005 Wrx
Member Profile-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Weekly Meet (Oaks) -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
WRX_JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 11:19 PM   #45
CarbonIS
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #301

Send a message via AIM to CarbonIS
what do you mean

Quote:
I hear ya, but as the saying goes,"You can live in your car, but you can't [dyno] your house."
Quote:
Women suck balls on occasion, right?
I never had a woman suck on my back...so...
CarbonIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 08:51 PM   #46
05suby
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5738

My Ride:
2005 WRX

i would def do dp and exhaust first.
WFCrew #231
Form > Function
Static > Bagged

....GO
R.I.P. Sherwood "No Home"
05suby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 08:53 PM   #47
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
buster gave you a pretty good outline of the best first mods to do.... they're really the best mods to do period... after that it gets more expensive and you dont make as much hp per dollar spent.
if you're looking for a downpipe i have an aps catless downpipe for sale for $275... its nice, its aps, thats all ya gotta say really .

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 10:13 PM   #48
WRX_JB
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1907

My Ride:
2005 Wrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
buster gave you a pretty good outline of the best first mods to do.... they're really the best mods to do period... after that it gets more expensive and you dont make as much hp per dollar spent.
if you're looking for a downpipe i have an aps catless downpipe for sale for $275... its nice, its aps, thats all ya gotta say really .
Possibly , i will let you know in like a week or two once i get some money back in the pocket

-2005 Wrx
Member Profile-

Weekly Meet (Oaks) -
Old 06-23-2008, 10:16 PM   #49
WRX_JB
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1907

My Ride:
2005 Wrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Let me try and help. I think I have just about every path covered with my own car.

1st mods should be a downpipe and up pipe. Both could be found cheap. Pick your poison with DPs they are all basically the same excluding the HKS. HKS is a great choice though. its very cheap and works very well.

Upipes are where most people make a mistake. Get a stock STi up pipe. They work great on all stage vehicles and can be found for around 75 dollars. Bolt right up and rarely leak.

Catbacks again you needent be to concerend with power, as long as its 3" for the most part you will be good. I have an IPP catback I'm selling for 150 in great shape.

That setup with an MBC netted me a 13.2 @102 which is pretty fast for a barely stg.2 WRX.

Tanabe DF 210s should be on for lowering you car, they are affordable, have great spring rates and are ore compliant for daily driving.

Also, pick up an STi intercooler and honestly with just those mods you wont even know it was the same car.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction , ill prob do it all at once. I want uppipe (sti) downpipe (maybe trolls?) and then cat back (maybe busters?)

275+150+75= 500 sounds like a decent price?

-2005 Wrx
Member Profile-

Weekly Meet (Oaks) -
Old 06-23-2008, 10:38 PM   #50
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

sweet. I suggest following a route that most people with this car do not take...

Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 11:07 PM   #51
WRX_JB
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1907

My Ride:
2005 Wrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapegoat View Post
sweet. I suggest following a route that most people with this car do not take...

I'm trying no one wants me to get the wing

-2005 Wrx
Member Profile-

Weekly Meet (Oaks) -
Old 06-23-2008, 11:32 PM   #52
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

Send a message via AIM to Buster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiro View Post
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction , ill prob do it all at once. I want uppipe (sti) downpipe (maybe trolls?) and then cat back (maybe busters?)

275+150+75= 500 sounds like a decent price?
500 to put you at approx 245 wheel is good to me. PM if you want it, I personally loved my exhaust and it sounded mean as ****, also 150 for an almost mint 4 year old CBE is pretty decent.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:34 PM   #53
WRX_JB
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1907

My Ride:
2005 Wrx

You got a picture of it , or link to youtube vid?

-2005 Wrx
Member Profile-

Weekly Meet (Oaks) -
Old 06-23-2008, 11:35 PM   #54
WRX_JB
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1907

My Ride:
2005 Wrx

Quote: