TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Vendor Marketplace > [TST] Vendors > Extreme PSI
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 01-17-2008, 07:44 PM   #1
1FastBrick
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #2885

My Ride:
1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD-current, 1996 Volvo 854 Turbo (sold...finally)

Not Too Satisfied

Parents had purchased a Fidanza Short Throw Shifter from Extreme PSI for me as a Christmas gift. However upon opening and reading some reviews online about problems with the Fidanza we looked to return it. However it was last week when we actually got time to call and see about returning it. The item was still in the box and my father was told it was unable to be returned. Also the way it was boxed to ship out was quite poorly done. Two boxes taped together. Pretty disappointing.
1FastBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:17 PM   #2
yellow2000S/R
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2462

My Ride:
1996 7.3 f250, 2001 Focus wagon

Question as to why you think shipping an item in "Two boxes taped together." is such a big deal?

Just to let you know, I have never done business with them, just stating my opinon.

Regardless... I'd say to try for a store credit or something... to show you are still willing to do business with them but decided against the product.

Make sure you do it soon regardless because it may already be to late depending on when it was ordered.

"* No Returns after 30 days of the date on your order."

And:

* All Returns Must be Approved by Extreme PSI with an RGA#
* All Non-defective Returns are Subject to a 20% Restocking Fee.
yellow2000S/R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:21 PM   #3
ezdrummer
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3534

My Ride:
i am to embarrassed to say..

i personally have always heard what a good job they have done,...try to call them again, because i am sure they will work with you
145B Philmont Ave. Feasterville, PA 19053 (Between Street Rd and Bustleton Ave)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
ezdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 02:48 PM   #4
extremepsi
Vendor

Member #1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastBrick View Post
Parents had purchased a Fidanza Short Throw Shifter from Extreme PSI for me as a Christmas gift. However upon opening and reading some reviews online about problems with the Fidanza we looked to return it. However it was last week when we actually got time to call and see about returning it. The item was still in the box and my father was told it was unable to be returned. Also the way it was boxed to ship out was quite poorly done. Two boxes taped together. Pretty disappointing.
According to our company terms and policy (http://www.extremepsi.com/store/cust...ion=conditions), we can only accept returns if they are ordered within 30 days. We are sorry for any inconvenience however we must abide by our company rules.

Best regards,
Niu
Extreme PSI, LLC
www.ExtremePSI.com
extremepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 02:49 PM   #5
CHAOS
TST Ruined My Life!
Banned

Member #2120

My Ride:
1984 Cadillac Brougham

i actually ordered something from them a few years ago, before i even knew about tst. i had an issue with the part, called them, and it was resolved almost instantly.
CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 02:53 PM   #6
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:
"Honey Badger" Turbo Miata

Send a message via AIM to CleanNeon98
it was probbably just handled by a d-bag. Ive heard good things about them but sometimes it happens, I wouldnt let one bad experience put you down
Old 01-23-2008, 02:59 PM   #7
05Accent
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1050

My Ride:
2008 Evo X GSR, 2002 Honda CRV

Send a message via AIM to 05Accent
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanNeon98 View Post
it was probbably just handled by a d-bag. Ive heard good things about them but sometimes it happens, I wouldnt let one bad experience put you down
I would, thats a companies one and only chance to keep me as a customer, they **** up once why would i consider staying with them? especially if they dont want to work with me.
With MIVEC Turbo
Daily-2002 Honda Crv Cruisin'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
With Vtec
Quote:
Yea Junior you suck. Everyone boo this man!
Quote:
obviously you have an 05 accent and your picture is just your dream car.
05Accent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 03:15 PM   #8
pearl
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1108

My Ride:
suck it trebek

Send a message via AIM to pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremepsi View Post
we can only accept returns if they are ordered within 30 days.
gotta bite the bullet.
Last Activity: 03-24-2009 12:05 PM
pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 03:18 PM   #9
Snoozie
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1887

How was it "handled by a d-bag" when they were just following company policy? Its not like this is the only company that will not take returns after 30 days, thats pretty much a standard.

"Everyone learns faster on fire." - Alkaline Trio
Snoozie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 03:50 PM   #10
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

I understand company policy, especially if it's a large company. But if it's just 10 or 20 people I would think that there is enough communication for the bottom to the top for exceptions to be made.

Also most companies will extend the return policy when it comes to christmas because most realize that that some gifts are ordered a month or even two before christmas. Because of how crazy it can be shipping during the holidays people want to make sure things are in on time. I would think if he called them and was respectful and explained it was ordered by someone who didn't research it and it was a gift I can't imagine store credit would be that big of a deal. If it is that big of a deal I would imagine not stepping up and working with the customer may turn off some people to dealing with them in the future. I suppose it comes down to is that policy written in stone to the point of turning people away. Just my thoughts of course.
I know this is my work cutting into this, but they use a pretty expensive casket for the Dragula.

Ender81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 07:59 PM   #11
assault187
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2176

My Ride:
97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST Spyder AWD

Send a message via AIM to assault187
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Accent View Post
I would, thats a companies one and only chance to keep me as a customer, they **** up once why would i consider staying with them? especially if they dont want to work with me.
Dont take this personally but Its in the terms and conditions....30 days is long enough to decide you didnt want somthing. Almost every company is the same, Your not going to go into a grocery store to buy a box of fruit loops then decide to return them 5 weeks later upon reading it didnt suit your diet. It was'nt their mistake in the 1st place so technically it would be soley on you. Why would you expect a company to break their own terms and condition agreements for someone who is expecting too much. The world does not revolve around 1 person.... These guys hold the best customer service ive ever seen. Just my opinion but as Ender81 said, Maybe they will honor a return but with a restocking fee.

1Fastbrick, The fidanza short shifter problems can be prevented from throwing some better penetrating welds around the shifters factory welds, Most people will do this as a favor and shops will do it for cheap. That is the only problem I've experienced or read/heard of.

World record holder for Quickest and Fastest 1/4 mile Spyder, 4 cylinder vert, 1st in 10's, 2.0L 4G63 Holset record, Modified Mag December 2010, Self built, self tuned.

Last edited by assault187; 01-23-2008 at 08:04 PM.
assault187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 10:52 PM   #12
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:
"Honey Badger" Turbo Miata

Send a message via AIM to CleanNeon98
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluMeanie View Post
How was it "handled by a d-bag" when they were just following company policy? Its not like this is the only company that will not take returns after 30 days, thats pretty much a standard.
You dont always have to stick to policy. It was a gift, its not like he went in there and bought it, so maybe he needed time to figure out he didnt want it. A company always can, and sometimes should bend their policies at least slightly to please customers and retain a good name, I know if it was my business I certainly would be understanding to special circumstances, not just stick to the book 100% of the time, but I dont own ExtremePSI, I dont manage it, nor do I even work there, so it's not my say, and I'm not telling them what to do by any means, just stating my opinion. Ive also found that in big business corps such as Sears, Home Depot, etc. they are more strict to sticking to these "no returns after 30 days" rules and such because if they loose that customer because they arent happy, 3 others will take their place. In smaller business, it usually helps to bend the rules just a bit because it will give you a good name, and taking a small hit on a product (say the shifter was 300), will result in the customer saying "Hey I had this return and they took care of it because of _____ __ ______ at the time" and you will probbably get more people doing business with you because of a good word-of-mouth.

/business rant
Old 01-23-2008, 11:03 PM   #13
pearl
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1108

My Ride:
suck it trebek

Send a message via AIM to pearl
you guys are crazy. rules are rules. he opened it, waited 30 days to decide if he wanted it... and its the companies fault?

you are disgrace. how much was it? 80 bucks?
Last Activity: 03-24-2009 12:05 PM
pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 12:23 AM   #14
HatchSurfer3
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #853

My Ride:
2013 Ford Focus ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearl View Post
you guys are crazy. rules are rules. he opened it, waited 30 days to decide if he wanted it... and its the companies fault?

you are disgrace. how much was it? 80 bucks?
Im going to have to agree. There was a chance to return it and it was passed up. The rules are pretty explicit. Some shops will make exceptions, some won't. I don't see the point in criticizing a shop who follows their own terms of service.

FRP™ #5
HatchSurfer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 01:36 AM   #15
SmokeyBandit
Tri-State Addict

Member #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastBrick View Post
Parents had purchased a Fidanza Short Throw Shifter from Extreme PSI for me as a Christmas gift. However upon opening and reading some reviews online about problems with the Fidanza we looked to return it. However it was last week when we actually got time to call and see about returning it. The item was still in the box and my father was told it was unable to be returned. .

so... just curious, if you or your family did not have time to make a phone call or shoot an email.... how did you find time to arrange an appointment with SOG and drive down to Philly to get your car tinted? You didn't just happen to show up that day, right? How hard is it to pick up the phone? We all have cell phones... it's not that hard to make a call, and if necessary, leave a voicemail with them. If you left them a voicemail... and they drag their feet, then you do have a right to be upset

http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/...ad.php?t=47296

Bending the ones own rules sounds like a good thought-- so they make an exception. Then word spreads, and since they did it for one TST member, gotta do it for others, right? When will they draw the line? Sooner or later, some customer won't be happy. It is inevitable.

So.... put it up on ebay. I'm sure someone else would buy it, even for a loss.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:45 AM   #16
2drStunner
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2009

My Ride:
2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0T and 2008 Honda CBR1000rr

Send a message via AIM to 2drStunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender81 View Post
I understand company policy, especially if it's a large company. But if it's just 10 or 20 people I would think that there is enough communication for the bottom to the top for exceptions to be made.

Also most companies will extend the return policy when it comes to christmas because most realize that that some gifts are ordered a month or even two before christmas. Because of how crazy it can be shipping during the holidays people want to make sure things are in on time. I would think if he called them and was respectful and explained it was ordered by someone who didn't research it and it was a gift I can't imagine store credit would be that big of a deal. If it is that big of a deal I would imagine not stepping up and working with the customer may turn off some people to dealing with them in the future. I suppose it comes down to is that policy written in stone to the point of turning people away. Just my thoughts of course.

I gotta agree with Ender on this one. If the shop bent the rules a lil they would benefit as well as the customer. Reason being there gonna get there product back and charge a restocking fee. Then the customer is going to have a credit, chances are there gonna spend more then the credit is for. The company makes out again and everyone is happy!
you're car looks so deliciously good possibly better then the cereal i'm about to eat.
2drStunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:09 AM   #17
ezdrummer
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3534

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyBandit View Post
so... just curious, if you or your family did not have time to make a phone call or shoot an email.... how did you find time to arrange an appointment with SOG and drive down to Philly to get your car tinted? You didn't just happen to show up that day, right? How hard is it to pick up the phone? We all have cell phones... it's not that hard to make a call, and if necessary, leave a voicemail with them. If you left them a voicemail... and they drag their feet, then you do have a right to be upset

http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/...ad.php?t=47296

Bending the ones own rules sounds like a good thought-- so they make an exception. Then word spreads, and since they did it for one TST member, gotta do it for others, right? When will they draw the line? Sooner or later, some customer won't be happy. It is inevitable.

So.... put it up on ebay. I'm sure someone else would buy it, even for a loss.
hey, its ALWAYS worth the trip down to shades of gray...

Old 01-24-2008, 09:29 AM   #18
SmokeyBandit
Tri-State Addict

Member #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezdrummer View Post
hey, its ALWAYS worth the trip down to shades of gray...
Especially after a funeral-- to make yourself feel better
Old 01-24-2008, 09:40 AM   #19
ezdrummer
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3534

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyBandit View Post
Especially after a funeral-- to make yourself feel better
gotta hide those tears

Old 01-24-2008, 10:12 AM   #20
GyrlSpeedRT
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #621

My Ride:
2000 Saturn SL1 'GSRT' Edition

Send a message via AIM to GyrlSpeedRT
One question: What was the exact date that the item was ordered? Depending on that and you called last week, you may have barely been within the 30 days. Also, I'm not gonna bash you for any delay in taking care of it BUT if it is past the time limit, just do as someone else suggested and put it on ebay, here or another forum that you frequent...I'm sure you could sell it.

As far as the business is concerned, it could go either way. You will always have customers who want to return things after the return period, always. It's your discretion, even if the policy is jackhammered into the wall of your shop. Each situation is different and the bottom line is, is this a repeat customer or someone who's just changed their mind? Best bet is to offer the store credit less restocking fee. That way, it's up to the customer to make their "choice" and in the end it still shows you tried to accomodate them. And all the "everyone will try and do the same thing" crap will happen anyways...it's retail!

Oh, as far as the packing goes, alot of things get damaged on the way there and shipping companies are going to fix it well enough to be delivered. (I used to be a supervisor at UPS so I definately know)

GyrlSpeed Shop...Buy something dammit!

GyrlSpeedRT is offline   Reply With Quote