TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 09-01-2011, 12:01 PM   #1901
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
Quote:
Originally Posted by trista View Post
You need my awesome mechanic skills again.. That's what it is..
ok deal, lets get her tip top...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen. View Post
That does sound frustrating . Our clutches sound similar, so I definitely know where you're coming from! We keep adjusting mine, but I'm still not sold on it. Good luck with the radiator and working through those adjustments on your AFRs!
yeah, hopefully i'll be able to sort it out though. thanks for the well wishes, i'm ready for the car to be 100% and put me back in my seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by russiankid View Post
Bryan, from my experience that sediment left over in the fluid is not normal. If I were in your shoes I would have bought new fluid. That sediment is most likely dirt and what not that was left in the trans. And since you put new fluid in when you rebuilt the whole car, it cleaned it out and now you drained it so you see the sediment.
you know, you're probably right. I thought that for a moment when I was working on the car but then just moved forward. I think I'll probably order some fresh fluid and drain this stuff just to be safe... hopefully it will result in overall cleaner fluid in there. I guess there's no way to flush it out unfortunately, and also this stupid fluid costs about $80 for 2 liters from Toyota... yargh.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:12 PM   #1902
russiankid
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7769

My Ride:
2012 Scion tC

Send a message via AIM to russiankid
Only way to flush it out is to keep changing the fluid periodically. Check if any other fluids are compatible with Toyota like Royal Purple so its a little cheaper than Toyota stuff.
russiankid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:13 PM   #1903
Mitsu3kgt
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #3723

My Ride:
1992 Mitsubishi 3000gt

Just use an oil that is compatible with lsd diffs. We used valvoline when i worked at toyota and we use pennzoil at lexus
Mitsu3kgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:21 PM   #1904
Zillon
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5760

My Ride:
2013 JCW GP

Send a message via AIM to Zillon
Saw you creepin' past my place in Yardley this afternoon - car's looking good!

|
Zillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:02 PM   #1905
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillon View Post
Saw you creepin' past my place in Yardley this afternoon - car's looking good!
Haha I was creepin'... saw your car outside. Trista said "I didn't know those could look good!" haha, and I agree, I dig it!

We were making a stop at Yardley Wawa before heading out to the CF show today.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|

Last edited by TROLL; 09-15-2011 at 09:49 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:23 PM   #1906
Zillon
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5760

My Ride:
2013 JCW GP

Send a message via AIM to Zillon
Yeah, I get that a lot - the car does look like a turd in stock form. But thanks man.

|
Zillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:43 PM   #1907
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Just a couple idling videos I took of the car since someone asked how the car sounds with the GSC S1 cams... I am also running a full 4" exhaust with a HKS Ti 4" catback, Precision 67mm turbo, Greddy exhaust manifold, etc.
Definitely has a nice lope to it Idling around 1000 rpm by the way.

http://youtu.be/oPyLlYKi8lk

http://youtu.be/PFz152Jz2co

|

Quote:

|
Old 09-30-2011, 03:52 PM   #1908
morla
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16045

My Ride:
'06 Evo SE, '99 Integra, '97 Q45

damn, sounds phenomenal.

morla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:56 PM   #1909
TalonTsi97
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #136

My Ride:
1997 Eagle Talon

Send a message via AIM to TalonTsi97
Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
Just a couple idling videos I took of the car since someone asked how the car sounds with the GSC S1 cams... I am also running a full 4" exhaust with a HKS Ti 4" catback, Precision 67mm turbo, Greddy exhaust manifold, etc.
Definitely has a nice lope to it Idling around 1000 rpm by the way.

http://youtu.be/oPyLlYKi8lk

http://youtu.be/PFz152Jz2co
Sounds great, i would have grabbed some videos last time i saw you in HD (lol).

Hope you get the tune done soon. Maybe get it over to PSI PROformance dynojet in the cool air and make a few pulls. I'd certainly come and cheer you on.

Updated weekly with Dyno, Track, AutoX, Street, and Event videos. Big updates coming soon!

TalonTsi97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:04 PM   #1910
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Thanks! Yeah this was just with my iPhone.
Mmm I've been thinking a lot about the tuning and engine management stuff and I really feel like I'm being held back by the piggyback. I think over the winter I'm going to make some changes and hopefully be up to full potential all around by spring. For fun though I could iron out my fuel top end on the current setup and throw it on the dyno as a 'baseline'.

I could go with an AEM v2 which would get the job done, but I hear a lot of great things about the ProEFI setup and am leaning this direction. I've been keeping an eye out for a used one or a sale cause they're expensive, but its also a very important part of my system and if it means the difference between my car being held back and frustrating vs. it being optimized and awesome, then its worth it.
Also need to decide who I want to have tune it. It requires someone who is a licensed ProEFI tuner to tune it so thats the other obstacle. Some guys fly in regularly to tune so thats an option but if there was somoene within driving distance who was awesome I'd prefer that. We'll see how things go...

|

Quote:

|
Old 09-30-2011, 04:13 PM   #1911
TalonTsi97
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #136

My Ride:
1997 Eagle Talon

Send a message via AIM to TalonTsi97
Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
Thanks! Yeah this was just with my iPhone.
Mmm I've been thinking a lot about the tuning and engine management stuff and I really feel like I'm being held back by the piggyback. I think over the winter I'm going to make some changes and hopefully be up to full potential all around by spring. For fun though I could iron out my fuel top end on the current setup and throw it on the dyno as a 'baseline'.

I could go with an AEM v2 which would get the job done, but I hear a lot of great things about the ProEFI setup and am leaning this direction. I've been keeping an eye out for a used one or a sale cause they're expensive, but its also a very important part of my system and if it means the difference between my car being held back and frustrating vs. it being optimized and awesome, then its worth it.
Also need to decide who I want to have tune it. It requires someone who is a licensed ProEFI tuner to tune it so thats the other obstacle. Some guys fly in regularly to tune so thats an option but if there was someone within driving distance who was awesome I'd prefer that. We'll see how things go...
My buddy tunes cars on a regular basis and has been contacted about tuning a supra on a "map ecu" setup i beleive it was. Me and him have been discussing tuning and supra options for the last few weeks on and off and i really feel like AEM would be good to go with. Like you said, it may be expensive but for how crucial it is i would want something that could handle everything the best way. There is also some good AEM tuners in the area that i would trust to do it.

Updated weekly with Dyno, Track, AutoX, Street, and Event videos. Big updates coming soon!

TalonTsi97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:23 PM   #1912
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Yeah AEM tuners are definitely more widespread, but the ProEFI is a pretty badass setup. It kind of bridges the gap between the AEM and Motec.

Check out the feature list here: http://www.proefi.com/Supra.html

|

Quote:

|
Old 10-01-2011, 09:09 AM   #1913
jesse096
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #17203

My Ride:
2002 Chevy Silverado, 2003 BMW 330i ZHP 6 speed

Gotta hear this thing in person, sounds kinda like a SBC in the vid...

-Jesse
a ****ing space ship. next level transportation maneuver. **** 4 wheels son, im airborne.
Quote:
So, chinese food sprinkled with crack.... does that make you hungrier quicker bc you'll be tweaking from crack sprinkles? lol.
jesse096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 12:09 PM   #1914
lownslow95
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #276

My Ride:
2011 Lancer GTS

Send a message via AIM to lownslow95
It really does.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:34 PM   #1915
ambitiousCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #14943

My Ride:
2018 Pacifica Limited, 1995 F150, 2015 Hyundai Accent Sport, 06 Corvette Z06

*CK*
ambitiousCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:44 PM   #1916
denmah
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2846

Send a message via AIM to denmah
big cam supras do sound similar to small block v8s when cammed to balls

texas supra meets always had me thinking this same thing.

then they roll into to the gas and move the car and you can hear the inline 6 come back to life
Old 05-13-2012, 01:42 PM   #1917
mAtrixfcuk
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #22820

My Ride:
Mazdaspeed 3

looks incredible man!
mAtrixfcuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 04:16 PM   #1918
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Well... its been a while. Some of you know I moved down to FL a few years ago. I still have the Supra and Subaru, and I also have a Jeep Wrangler for daily driver duty... really fun in a totally different way than the cars, but they compliment each other well because they are so different.
(pic of jeep: https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...16d7821e6d1750)

I don't have any major updates with the Supra because my time and money have mostly been budgeted in other areas lately but I have been working on tying up some loose ends lately and it feels pretty good.
First, here are a couple photos from a meet at Real Street Performance last year in Orlando

I'm taking the car out to FL2K this weekend to have on display in my company's booth (Fuel Injector Clinic) at the event.
I've been picking away at some little projects like:
-fix front speaker that wasn't working (turned out to be something really stupid and an easy fix, but took 10+ hours to finally find)
-reinstall boost controller so I can run 18 psi instead of 9 psi
-reinstall boost gauge
-rewire fogs so they work independently from headlights
-figure out why halogens work in low beams but HIDs dont (polarity was reversed on HID kit, why did it take 3 attempts over a year's time to figure that out?)
-fix alarm horn
-straighten exhaust so its not rubbing EWG and is centered in bumper
-straighten snaggletooth intercooler fins
-oil change, going to run German Castrol 0w-30 this time around with the Toyota V8 filter

All pretty boring stuff, also need to finish replacing my targa seals so I can finally put the carpet back in the car after being out for like 2 years. I just felt like posting because it feels good to be working on the car again, hoping to keep spending time in the garage when I can, even if its an hour here or there and even if I get a little bit less sleep as a result.

Here are a couple more pics of the car from down here

Beautiful sunny FL (did I mention I have a targa leak to fix?)

Big part of the reason I haven't worked on the Supra much... Subaru engine did me dirty

from a few weeks ago

from last night (spent about 2 hours out there, not quite done but man I saved some stuff that looked like it was lost)

|

Quote:

|
Old 10-09-2014, 12:04 AM   #1919
Foolinaround
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #9448

My Ride:
2016 GTI SE w/PP/Boeing C-17 Globemaster III

I was wondering if you were going to fl2k. I'm stuck up the panhandle and since uncle sam doesn't want to give me weekends off i can't go.
Foolinaround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 12:22 AM   #1920
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Ah that's too bad... Pretty far drive but worth it I'm sure if you can make it down next year. I'm taking a break right now but almost have the car all back together, fingers crossed that everything works as planned. Gotta get up early tomorrow to wash the car so it's somewhat presentable out there. Hope to have more photos after the weekend.

|

Quote:

|