TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 03-27-2008, 09:19 PM   #161
jc8889
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #145

Congrats on the pickup bro.
jc8889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 10:28 PM   #162
ezdrummer
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3534

My Ride:
i am to embarrassed to say..

hey troll, if you ever get bored of it, just bring it by here...i have a sweet windstar i would trade you for it
145B Philmont Ave. Feasterville, PA 19053 (Between Street Rd and Bustleton Ave)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
ezdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:24 AM   #163
xEJ20x
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #72

My Ride:
13 STI

Send a message via MSN to xEJ20x
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoStock92 View Post
I said "yet to hear of many".
Old 03-28-2008, 03:37 PM   #164
marshallpre1
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6445

My Ride:
N/A

Send a message via AIM to marshallpre1
I myself have been pretty scared of these crank walks, but it seems VERY VERY RARE. I'm guessing less than 1% has occurred. I still have the stock clutch, but I think the reasons are the lightweight flywheel combined with unsprung hub and high pp. I'm thinking of getting an RPS Twin Disk C/C for my next clutch. The pp is only supposed to be 15% stiffer than stock. I hope that would limit the crank walk. It better because it's $2700! Or I might just get the Trd or HKS Twin Disk for $1500. But the RPS is indestructible and fully rebuildable (if you ever wear it out). I just want 550 rwhp on pump gas in the future. That should be plenty... for now
1994 SC300 5MT- NA-T- PT61/AEM V1- future track car
marshallpre1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 05:37 AM   #165
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
i've got a lot of photos to update with, but its real late so here's the most important one... 3am self portrait with 'the twins'

yup yup i'm a big loser... but you probably shouldn't judge so fast unless you've pulled a set of twins out before and know what its like. i felt like a goddamn champion at this point, a champion!
except for the fact that they weigh about as much as a house... that did not make me feel like a champion.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|

Last edited by TROLL; 10-02-2009 at 01:45 AM.
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:24 AM   #166
poolmike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #543

My Ride:
'68 Kaiser M715/ '37 Ford truck/'47 Dodge truck

Damn. I should have stopped by. Looks like you had some fun.
1937 Ford pick-up
1950 Crosley Farm-o-Road
poolmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:08 AM   #167
cszakolczai
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2954

My Ride:
Sentra SER Spec V

are you planning on upgrading the turbo's? Or going to a single turbo setup? Pretty much what are your plans for the car?
cszakolczai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:12 AM   #168
Kevin
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2345

My Ride:
EVO

Send a message via AIM to Kevin
haha that pic is great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cszakolczai View Post
are you planning on upgrading the turbo's? Or going to a single turbo setup? Pretty much what are your plans for the car?
I'm sure he's going single turbo like the rest of the Poopra owners.

Quote:
Thanks dude, you should know better than to think id ditch my dsm's for a vw... lol.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:39 AM   #169
namdoogwerdna
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3004

My Ride:
2013 BRZ

5:37am, do you ever sleep?
Old 04-24-2008, 11:08 AM   #170
xEJ20x
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #72

My Ride:
13 STI

Send a message via MSN to xEJ20x
Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
yup yup i'm a big loser... but you probably shouldn't judge so fast unless you've pulled a set of twins out before and know what its like. i felt like a goddamn champion at this point, a champion!
except for the fact that they weigh about as much as a house... that did not make me feel like a champion.
Pulling out twin turbos are no joke.
All the vacuum lines, bolts, oil feeders.....its enough to make you wanna shoot yourself.
Old 04-24-2008, 03:47 PM   #171
SoStock92
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1721

My Ride:
92 BMW 525, 95 BMW 525, 87 BMW 325, 95 BMW 530

Send a message via AIM to SoStock92
2JZ turbo removal is still easier than S4 turbo removal - looks good. A PT76GTS will fit nicely in their place ;)
SoStock92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 03:53 PM   #172
Jeffros Spec V
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #263

Send a message via AIM to Jeffros Spec V
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoStock92 View Post
2JZ turbo removal is still easier than S4 turbo removal - looks good. A PT76GTS will fit nicely in their place ;)
Or any VW turbo. It's easier to pull the motor.
Jeffros Spec V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 03:54 PM   #173
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
Ha yeah I heard the S4 is a bitch to work on.
All the Supra guys say that pulling the stock twins is terrible... it wasn't easy but it wasn't the worst thing I've ever done. Maybe I was expecting it to be really bad so I just wasn't surprised when I got into it. I'd liken it to pulling the intake manifold off of a WRX/STi for those who have done that. Some of the manifold bolts were in really tight spots and took some creativity to get to, and some were really tight so it was that 1-2 punch of not being able to get any real weight on it... I think thats what really gets people.

I wasn't planning to go to town on it last night, but I got in the groove and just stuck with it. I only really had my ratcheting wrench and regular wrench to get in there with, and the ratcheting wrench broke on my halfway though... I thought that would be the end of my night but I was able to get to all the most buried bolts with just my normal wrench.

I'm going with a T61 turbo for now on stock fuel so it wont be earth shattering... probably in the 450 whp range. The plan is to get an XS Power exhaust manifold which has been braced, reinforced, and ported by Rich at Fuzion Auto, TiAL EWG, BoostLogic oil line kit, modify my RMM downpipe to fit the single, and I'm not sure which way I'm leaning for an intake yet... depends if I stick with stock ECU and MAF or if I go toward a VPC or similar.
I've already got the FMIC and the clutch, so that stuff is out of the way at least.

Down the road once I've got me feet planted with this car I'll be looking into doing a fuel system and going bigger with the turbo. For now though, just trying to get a baseline and get the car on the road to get any kinks worked out. Honestly I'm just going single now for simplicy... I dont have to worry about failures from the rats nest of stock TT components any longer so it should make life easier.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|

Last edited by TROLL; 04-24-2008 at 03:58 PM.
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 04:23 PM   #174
streetAssasin96
Tri-State Addict

Member #2686

My Ride:
96 GSR, 95 Civ Coupe

damn dude those twins are like the size of my motor haha

next time think, 39 Thieves are quicker than 40 winks
streetAssasin96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 04:39 PM   #175
Nick 95 6sp
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3675

My Ride:
'95 Supra Turbo 6sp

Good move, Bryan.

I hesitated for a long time since my stock twins were always working perfectly; but then I pulled them out anyway and went the single route and I'm not sorry at all. It makes more power on pump than the stock twins can make on racegas (except for "extreme" stock twin tweakers who've pushed them to 500whp but that takes a ton of tweaking). And for anyone who tracks their Supras at roadcourse type DE days or autocrosses, time trials, etc., the smaller turbos like that 61mm you're going with are much more responsive than a larger turbo. In a straight line you can work around lag to some extent, but blasting between corners as fast as possible does not lend itself to a large turbo.

Good luck ...and keep up the good work.
Nick 95 6sp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 05:06 PM   #176
The Captain
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3369

My Ride:
Prelude

why don't we have a jealous smiley? o well. ::jealous::
The Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 05:23 PM   #177
Racersky
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1349

My Ride:
Mr. Septa Bus

Dam dude.....those twins are HUGE!!!!!!! lol

|
Racersky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:18 PM   #178
mikes93
Tri-State Addict

Member #2602

My Ride:
06 STI, 93 Supra

Nice work Bryan, You'll find that supra are great handling cars as Nick can tell you all about much better than me. There is one problem you will face down the road when you get it running. lol, the STI will be a daily driver. No offense to STI ofcourse.

61 would be very smart choise for your application, not bad on street or strip either.

Mike
mikes93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:46 PM   #179
lagos
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #989

My Ride:
Toyota Celica GT-Two

Did you figure out/fix whatever was wrong with the car in the first place? I think you mentioned something about a wiring problem?

The accelerator on my toyota has always been stuck to the floor..
lagos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:54 PM   #180
Kevin
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2345

My Ride:
EVO

Send a message via AIM to Kevin
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagos View Post
Did you figure out/fix whatever was wrong with the car in the first place? I think you mentioned something about a wiring problem?
I was wondering that also.

Quote:
Thanks dude, you should know better than to think id ditch my dsm's for a vw... lol.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote