TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Tech > Exterior, Interior, and Electrical
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-23-2007, 06:04 PM   #1
Chris(NJ)
Tri-State Addict

Member #3979

My Ride:
2002 BMW M3

Send a message via AIM to Chris(NJ)
For those looking for a sealant to apply, take a look

The long awaited optimum opti-seal is here and we have good amount of stock. These are selling Very fast, but I still have about 2 cases left as of this post. Opti-seal is a revolutionary polymer sealant that you simply wipe on and walk away! no residue, and that means no buffing!! The product evaporates and can give you up to 6 or 7 months protection. This product can be layered, however, its best to give it a few hours between applications. Price is 24.99 and includes the 8oz bottle and 2 applicator pads. It takes about 18-20 pumps to do a "sports car" sized vehicle, and there are around 180 pumps per bottle. Basically, one bottle will last you a long time
Here is a pic of the bottle and a hood pic after detailing a 300zx and applying opti-seal.
You can find it here:
http://www.glimmerglassdetailing.com/optiseal.html

Chris(NJ) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 08:28 PM   #2
PA Scooby
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #4333

My Ride:
'04 WRX

6 or 7 months protection

I highly doubt it. Sealant companies have been making unrealistic claims like that for years. There is no magic bullet.

Seems the "wipe on and walk away" products are making a comeback. I believe Zaino has one now too.
PA Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 08:47 PM   #3
Chris(NJ)
Tri-State Addict

Member #3979

My Ride:
2002 BMW M3

Send a message via AIM to Chris(NJ)
Heres the thing with "protection" claims.

All the "will last x days/months/years" come from the mfg. What you have to understand is that they say, "up to". This means ideal conditions. So guess what... If I leave my M3 garaged all winter long, yea, this sealant is going to last me all winter b/c its not exposed to any elements other than my heated garage. However, if you are daily driving your suv in every condition imaginable, it clearly wont last that long.
And yes, zaino also has a wipe on, walk away product, very similar to the opt. version. Both are great products that really save you some time. Only takes about 10 mins to apply it to a freshly washed/prepped car.
Chris(NJ) is offline   Reply With Quote