TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Tech > Asian > Nissan / Infiniti Talk
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-03-2008, 01:20 PM   #1
Stryfe17
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #3984

My Ride:
2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Send a message via AIM to Stryfe17
Strut Tower Brace for 05 Altima 3.5SE, found one!!!!

Anyone know where I can get a quality Strut Tower Brace for a 2005 Nissan Altima 3.5L SE? All I've been able to find is some crappy aluminum tube with "carbon fibre look" on Ebay, and one vendor that sells one for the 2.5 but says it requires modification to fit the 3.5. Unfortunately when I emailed them asking how do I need to modify it, they never responded. Help!!!!

Wanted to update...I did check with Hop Up, they carry the APR strut braces, and those only fit the 2.5L for sure. The other one was from SFXPerformance. Can't remember what brand.

Another update for the 3.5SE lovers out there. STILLEN makes a nice tower brace that does require three modifications to fit:
  • You need to create a bend in the A/C line
  • The top of the bolt housings where the inpipe bolts to the intake manifold need to be shaved
  • Windshield washer line needs to be run inside the hood

Stillen has an installation PDF on the website you can download and read *before* you buy so you can decide to DIY or bring to a shop. That's all for today!!!

Last edited by Stryfe17; 07-08-2008 at 10:14 AM. Reason: update
Stryfe17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:11 PM   #2
Stillen GLE
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6774

My Ride:
2003 Nissan Maxima GLE

Send a message via AIM to Stillen GLE
dont go with stillen! they rip you off. go on maxima.org and youll see what iam talking about.

Stillen GLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 03:12 PM   #3
Stryfe17
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #3984

My Ride:
2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Send a message via AIM to Stryfe17
Stillen

Hey GLE, thx for the info....but if they rip you off, and you say for me to just go to maxima.org, fine. An explanation as to why would be more beneficial. I just had so much trouble trying to find a brace for the car, and was excited to find some extensive info on what appears to be a quality product, so any input from you would be much appreciated.

To quote my boss:

"If someone buys something that works well for them, they'll tell 3-5 people about it. If they buy something that doesn't work well for them, they'll bitch and moan to 20 people about it."
Stryfe17 is offline   Reply With Quote