TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-01-2010, 11:26 AM   #1
420sx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2811

My Ride:
'98 240sx, 98 Impreza L, 00 SV650

Send a message via AIM to 420sx
R/T Tuning Dyno Day and Benefit for Max2k1!!! DATE SET: MARCH 26, 2011!!

If you guys are looking to have your car dyno'd while supporting a REALLY GOOD cause- look no further. I'm looking to put together a dyno day to help raise money for Mike, our fellow TST'r who was paralyzed in a car accident over a year ago [edit, TWO years ago], and is still struggling to set up a handicap accessible house. For those of you who dont know his story, look here:

http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/...ad.php?t=53940

R/T Tuning has generously agreed to host the event and donate half of the day's take to Mike. I am in the process of setting up a way to make donations online, and obviously donations will be accepted at the benefit. Anyone who is interested in getting involved with this, send me a PM- i can use all the help i can get.

EDIT: Date has been set! This will be going down March 26, 2011 from 9am to 5pm. BE THERE!!

ADDRESS IS: 635 WEST 3RD STREET LANSDALE, PA 19446

Dyno Day Signup Sheet!

1. Mann Deposit PAID (2WD) (Miata)
2. Ourlee Deposit PAID (2WD) (Miata)
3. olderguy Deposit PAID (2WD) (Miata)
4. budgetracer Deposit PAID (2WD) (Miata)
5. Thirdgen Deposit PAID (2WD) (Miata)
6. RSV-95 Deposit PAID (2WD) (Miata)
7 Moto-East member Deposit PAID (2WD) (Miata)
8. DPancoast Deposit PAID (2WD) (Integra)
9. SleepinSuby Deposit PAID (AWD) (Subaru Legacy Wagon)
10. ZManiac Deposit PAID (2WD) (300ZX)
11. GDMBat85 Deposit PAID (AWD) (DSM)
12.Akley88 Deposit PAID (4th Gen Eclipse)
13.PvilleDSM Deposit PAID (AWD) (DSM)
14.Boostedfury Deposit PAID (2WD) (SRT-4)
15.PAdutch Deposit PAID (AWD) (Evo8)
16.wil524 Deposit PAID (2WD)(BMW 3 Series)
17. Spocknasty Deposit PAID (2WD) (Miata)
18. Stover Deposit PAID (AWD) (DSM)
19. SovXietday Deposit PAID (2WD) (Honda Civic)
20. Mark Mathias Deposit PAID (2WD)
21. Kevin Garrison Deposit PAID (2WD) (CRX)
22. John Morgan Deposit PAID (2WD) (Trans Am)
23. John Morgan Deposit PAID (AWD) (DSM)
24. Anthony S. Deposit PAID (2WD)
25. John Pitcherella Deposit PAID (2wd) (Infiniti G35)
26. Stover Deposit PAID (AWD) (DSM)
27. Reds82 Deposit PAID (DSM)
28. Justin Warren Deposit not paid (AWD) (1991 Galant VR4)
29. Danny Rosario Deposit PAID (2WD) (2010 Mustang GT)
30. Karl Deposit PAID (AWD) (STI)
31. James Deposit PAID(2WD) (BMW M3)
32. Brice Deposit PAID(2WD) (BMW M3)
33. Dave L. Deposit PAID (AWD) (BMW M3)
34. Charles Deposit PAID(2WD) (BMW M5)

Dyno pulls on the 2WD dyno will be $40 for two pulls, and $60 for two pulls on the AWD dyno. R/T will be accepting $10 deposits to guarantee your spot on the dyno, but walk ins are also accepted. Prepaid cars will have priority. Send payment to max2k1donations@yahoo.com, then PM Erik@R/TTuning and give him your name, tst username, and which dyno you plan to run on.

Im very excited to be able to help Mike out, and I know there are plenty of others that would jump at the opportunity to do the same. BIG thanks to R/T Tuning for hosting the event!

For those of you who would like to contribute to helping Mike before the dyno day, Mike can now accept donations via paypal!
The address is max2k1donations@yahoo.com

Last edited by 420sx; 03-24-2011 at 10:36 AM.
420sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:54 AM   #2
Erik@R/TTuning
Former Vendor

Member #17281

My Ride:
2000 MR2 Spyder

Great to see you jump to help a fellow TSTer in need Ken. I'll work with you to make this the best event we can to help Mike out!
Erik@R/TTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:24 PM   #3
420sx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2811

My Ride:

Id like discuss when the best time to have this would be- from a weather perspective, sometime in the spring would work best- but time is of the essence, and I'm sure Mike could use the help sooner rather than later. Im not opposed to having this sometime in January, but I'd like to hear what everyone has to say on the matter. I just dont want there to be a poor turnout due to cold/wet weather. If we can get a decent number of people to commit to being there, Id say its worth it to go ahead with it in January, but only if we can get a DEFINITE yes from those people.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:11 AM   #4
Spanky
Tri-State Addict

Member #15013

My Ride:
2001 Neon R/T

Send a message via AIM to Spanky
I remember when i first read about the accident and it made me think a lot.I would really love to know what my neon makes.I will bring my self and a few others to help out.
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 01:59 AM   #5
OutlawzPrez
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5364

My Ride:
1991 Silvia

I'm down for helping out with this. Great cause.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
OutlawzPrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:03 PM   #6
clubken
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #13951

My Ride:
VW hatch with a peanut sized turbo

Send a message via AIM to clubken
if my vrt corrado is done by then i'm there! thumbs up to supporting someone in need
Old 12-02-2010, 09:16 PM   #7
olletsocmit
Tri-State Addict

Member #4210

My Ride:
2008 VW Rabbit

Send a message via AIM to olletsocmit
I will be there with a friend. I am not gonna dyno my car, but am still going to donate the $40
olletsocmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:18 PM   #8
Oakes
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4384

My Ride:
2010 Mercedes Benz E63 AMG

Send a message via AIM to Oakes
If part of the money is going to Mike, I'll come put the Fusion on the dyno for the hell of it then.

Consider myself/Oakes Detail there!
Oakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:35 PM   #9
Sublime1304
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #15678

My Ride:
MK5 TDI Cup Edition Jetta, MK5 GLI

I would love to be apart of this especially since its helping someone out. Count me in
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

IG: @mike_perfectstance
Sublime1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:09 PM   #10
DownforceTom
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7090

My Ride:
05 STi

I'm there. Don't care about dyno numbers, I'll totally donate though. Efff it, get enough confirmed & I'll organize a caravan from delco.

Quote:
did that STi make your dick grow bigger too?
DownforceTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:40 AM   #11
max2k1
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #393

My Ride:
Wheelchair

Send a message via AIM to max2k1
Hey guys, I really can't put into words how much I appreciate this. Im hoping that whatever this does, is enough to complete converting my garage into a new room for me. Living in a house that has split levels, the garage is the only area on the ground floor. Because of that, I haven't been able to go outside in my wheelchair in over 2 1/2 years. I only got to be outside when I was on a stretcher getting in an ambulance, going to and from the hospital. And being home waiting for things to heal up, Ive been like a prisoner. Ive been home 8 months stuck in bed. And its such a confined space that I cant get half my medical equipment in. Being able to finish the room would mean so much to me and my family. Like I said, I really cant put how much this means to me into words. I appreciate it more than you could ever imagine!

Ken, my family should have a PayPal setup bye tomorrow night for people you said would like to donate

The Story Behind My Avatar

Quote:
They show all the dumb kids with ghetto rigged Honda's. Im not hatin Honda guys, just stating facts here.
max2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:44 AM   #12
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
Ken, you're the man.
Great idea and thumbs up on the followthrough to set it up and make it happen.
You have my support on this one in any way. I hope this turns into a great event and is a big help to Mike too.

And don't forget, once Mike is moved into his room on the ground floor we're having a BBQ / Car Meet at his house where he can come outside and hang out and see all the cars parked out front

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:28 AM   #13
420sx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2811

My Ride:

So do you guys think we can collectively gather up enough cars to make this worthwhile to do in January? Im reluctant to set a date, but at the same time I WANT to set a date so I can start spreading the word! Whats the general consensus on that? The two dyno's can do about 60 cars throughout the day, so thats my goal for turnout, and obviously there will be food of some sort as well.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:33 AM   #14
420sx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2811

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakes View Post
If part of the money is going to Mike, I'll come put the Fusion on the dyno for the hell of it then.
Thats my attitude too! Dyno pulls for a good cause? Hell Yeah. Im gonna run the Neon if my 240 isnt running by then. Shootin for 70whp!
Old 12-03-2010, 10:13 AM   #15
Oakes
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4384

My Ride:

I'm hoping for 600....

cars to show up.

Let me know if you square away a date, I know PLENTY of avid car enthusiasts that love meets/events with a cause. Maybe even get some exotic material out there, although that might be tough for january
Old 12-03-2010, 10:20 AM   #16
420sx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2811

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakes View Post
I'm hoping for 600....

cars to show up.

Let me know if you square away a date, I know PLENTY of avid car enthusiasts that love meets/events with a cause. Maybe even get some exotic material out there, although that might be tough for january
Yeah, thats the only reason Im reluctant to set a date. It seems like theres a decent amount of support for this though- I think if I get some help spreading the word, we could pull off a January dyno day, but youre right- exotics probably wont be there. But Id still like to do it sooner rather than later.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:21 AM   #17
boostedfury
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1389

My Ride:
99 Z51 Corvette & 2003 Explorer XLT

Send a message via AIM to boostedfury
I am in so long as I can get off from work!! Neon needs some numbers!

boostedfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:35 PM   #18
max2k1
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #393

My Ride:
Wheelchair

Send a message via AIM to max2k1
Ken you dont have to rush a date. I can wait till spring time so that we can get a better turn out. I've been stuck like this for years. The third anniversary of the accident is actually less than 3 weeks away. A couple more months of waiting won't kill me, I hope haha. But I believe that springtime would probably be the best. Since its long enough after the holidays, that it would give people a chance to install the new parts they might have gotten over the winter. And then they can then come to get the car tuned and ready for the warm weather.

The Story Behind My Avatar

Quote:
They show all the dumb kids with ghetto rigged Honda's. Im not hatin Honda guys, just stating facts here.
max2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:46 PM   #19
5LEEPERISAH23I
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #16294

My Ride:
Evo VIII

in how many weeks might this happen in?
Old 12-03-2010, 12:54 PM   #20
Oakes
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4384

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420sx View Post
Yeah, thats the only reason Im reluctant to set a date. It seems like theres a decent amount of support for this though- I think if I get some help spreading the word, we could pull off a January dyno day, but youre right- exotics probably wont be there. But Id still like to do it sooner rather than later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by max2k1 View Post
Ken you dont have to rush a date. I can wait till spring time so that we can get a better turn out. I've been stuck like this for years. The third anniversary of the accident is actually less than 3 weeks away. A couple more months of waiting won't kill me, I hope haha. But I believe that springtime would probably be the best. Since its long enough after the holidays, that it would give people a chance to install the new parts they might have gotten over the winter. And then they can then come to get the car tuned and ready for the warm weather.
The problem with planning events like this, is you want a lot of interest and enough time to get it...however you dont want it far enough away for people to forget about it. Especially a first time event.

However, events with a good cause are a lot easier to remember than some so-so meet for burgers or something.

In either case, when you get a date and idea, let me know and send me the info so I can spread it around to the good parties.

Just keep it as a benefit for max meet too.