TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Gallery > Photography
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 05-02-2008, 08:12 PM   #61
cszakolczai
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2954

My Ride:
Sentra SER Spec V

Quote:
Originally Posted by redg2 View Post
preety much what i suggested too that way with a deadline both photog would have time to get the pic they wanted
I like that idea, why not just give it a shot. Lets try this and if it doesn't work we'll go back and make adjustments, to much talking about this and not enough actually acting on it.
cszakolczai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 07:37 PM   #62
95legenddriver
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2042

My Ride:
'95 Acura Legend SE, '06 Honda S2000 LBP

Send a message via AIM to 95legenddriver
this should be allot of fun im interested to see how each person bring their style to the assignment

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
95legenddriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 04:13 PM   #63
raceMpower95
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1915

My Ride:
1993 BMW 328is

Send a message via AIM to raceMpower95
Count me in for sure.

Here is my take on how I THINK it should work though:
The winner of the contest picks the subject for the next one. (Spock will start if off)
The subject will be specific. If the topic is cars, then a specific car must be picked. If it's portraits, then it has to be the same person.
The twp photographers then have ONE WEEK to shoot that subject in any location at any time in any lighting. I don't think the spots should be the same. I think a big part of being a well-rounded photographer is knowing how to pick a location for a shoot that will compliment the subject they are shooting. Mandating a location for both limits the creative potential of both shooters.
As long as they are both creating images of the same subject, that's all that should matter. In the professional field, they would be the ones getting the clients the better shots.
As for post processing, it should be open to any and all methods, programs, styles, etc. Being a photographer in today's digital age means that your processing abilities are just as important as your initial shooting abilities. The end result, regardless of how it is reached, is your final product, and that's what matters. If we were shooting for a newspaper, then staying true to the original would matter, but we're not. Shooting a car is about making the car look good, in any way you deem fit.
Anyway, someone contact me if I'm picked to throw down.

Toys: BMWCCA IP-Class 1995 M3, 1993 328is
Daily/Tow: 2004 Nissan Xterra, 2005 Ford F350 Super-Duty
raceMpower95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 06:37 PM   #64
james_ls
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1614

My Ride:
1998 Acura Integra LS//VTEC

Send a message via AIM to james_ls
^^ That makes almost too much sense. ^^

Very nice Dave.

BUY MY STUFF!

james_ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:16 PM   #65
raceMpower95
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1915

My Ride:
1993 BMW 328is

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_ls View Post
^^ That makes almost too much sense. ^^

Very nice Dave.
Haha, thanks. I just think that makes the most sense since every photographer has their own style, and in this day and age, most of them convey that style through their post processing. To me, technical lighting and camera knowledge and the ability to properly process a digital image is what separates a camera owner from a true photographer.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:59 PM   #66
jb1830
Tri-State Addict

Member #4646

My Ride:
'88 MR2 SC, '97 Corolla

Send a message via AIM to jb1830
Everyone's pitched ideas are pretty good.
I agree it should be the same subject (Car, person, whatever) and the photographer should be allowed to do whatever he wants within a weeks time (choose time, location, etc).

I do think we should time limit photoshop use. Everyone agrees they wont spend more than 5 hours in post.

The finals though should be something like a studio shoot. That way both photographers have access to all the same equipment and the picture really depends on their talent.
jb1830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 10:01 AM   #67
grimm
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3058

Send a message via AIM to grimm
Hey so i was actually thinking about this the other day... and thought up what i believe is a cool idea.

Instead of a battle, it could be more of a photo scavenger hunt. we set up a few ideas for subjects, and then we all go out and take photos to meet the requirements, then submit then and then vote to see who's photos are better of the individual subjects. no meeting up at the same time same place, but still allowing for some competition i dunno just a though?

grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 10:10 AM   #68
brucehunglo
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1113

Send a message via AIM to brucehunglo
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimm View Post
Hey so i was actually thinking about this the other day... and thought up what i believe is a cool idea.

Instead of a battle, it could be more of a photo scavenger hunt. we set up a few ideas for subjects, and then we all go out and take photos to meet the requirements, then submit then and then vote to see who's photos are better of the individual subjects. no meeting up at the same time same place, but still allowing for some competition i dunno just a though?

that does sound a good idea. one thing tho someone would have to moderate the whole thing and also the person who does the poll to vote u should keep their names off of the picture until the end of the contest(so you know its not a popularity contest like flickr's explore page).

Last edited by brucehunglo; 07-17-2008 at 10:13 AM.
brucehunglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:43 PM   #69
raceMpower95
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1915

My Ride:
1993 BMW 328is

Hows about we stop talkin about this, and just do it. Get one round out of the way and then work out the kinks for the next round. At some point in this whole ordeal I wanna be put up against the almighty Spockinator...

Old 07-17-2008, 12:55 PM   #70
Vypurr
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #58

My Ride:
06' SGM STi / 05' ZX-6R

Send a message via AIM to Vypurr
I like the scavanger hunt idea! I will run it if you guys need someone to just step it up.
Gentleman do what ever it takes to empty our coffers lapdances, champagne dances, shower dances. Oh the things you can buy for a handfull of bills. It makes me excited. It gives me the chills. Thell be filcher rubs, breeders, hambones and tweeners, zobos and debos and blorps that go eenah. for a one dollar bill you can pull down their zippers.
I am the snorlax, I speak for the strippers!
Vypurr is offline   Reply With Quote