TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Tech > Domestic > GM Talk
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-22-2008, 06:13 PM   #1
R_Rambo
Tri-State Addict

Member #8452

My Ride:
11' WRX Hatch

89' Camaro

ok so this weekend im going to look at a camaro(89'), i know it has some issues but he said nothing major it needs some body work and he said the only thing mechanical that it needs is a trans. mount. but im just curious to see if you guys had any knowlege with these cars and would know of anything special to look for (besides the basics) in problems that they had, ive owned one domestic a chevy blazer but this will be my first domestic car so im kinda jumping into a new territoiry. any advice is greatly appreciated
R_Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 06:27 PM   #2
driftingrx5.7
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3099

My Ride:
88 rx5.7

Send a message via AIM to driftingrx5.7 Send a message via Yahoo to driftingrx5.7
oil pressure and water temp. from what i understand some of those motors have blown headgaskets. besides that listen to the motor. make sure there is no dings or taps! light taps are ok because that is an easy adjustment, if all he says you need is a trans mount don't beat on it home or your tranny will slap around in that tunnel and scare you! i know i did it once ;). beside that look for the normal stuff! o and make sure there is no white smoke coming out of the exhaust, again the head gasket

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
driftingrx5.7 is offline   Reply With Quote