TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Tech > Asian > Subaru Talk
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-10-2007, 05:56 PM   #1
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

My budget setup

I had to cancel my T2 order due to shaky job prospects after August 15th.

I still wanted to get coilovers for my car. I said the heck with it and decided to get the BC Racing setup for my car. They're improved Megans and I'm pretty impressed by them so far. I've made a thread on IWSTI and have been updating it with my impressions as I've gotten more time with these.

Here's the link to pics, etc:

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88471

I like the rear seat adjustment extenders a lot too, they flat out just look cool.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
/
/
/
DaveSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 08:48 PM   #2
Danronian
Tri-State Addict

Member #1826

My Ride:
1995 Honda Civic Vx, 1975 Malibu

They look great, and do resemble the design of my old Ksports in some distinct ways. Then again, I loved those coilovers.

Good luck with them.
Danronian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:52 AM   #3
RyanG
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #63

Send a message via AIM to RyanG
dave, you gotta stop over and give me a ride in that thing buddy

RyanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:45 PM   #4
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREA1320 View Post
dave, you gotta stop over and give me a ride in that thing buddy
Will do!

/
/
/
/
/
Old 06-25-2007, 11:11 AM   #5
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Update:

Installed my whiteline anti-lift kit (comfort), steering rack bushings, perrin lightweight crank pulley, and had the car aligned yesterday. With the bolts maxed and the plates maxed, the most camber I could get up front was -2. The rear doesn't have a camber adjustment and its sitting at -2.1.

I need to go over the ride height again, I think.

The handling of these set at 5 out of 30 (30 being the hardest) is unbelievable. They kick the crap out of springs on the sti struts The ride is controlled, smooth, comfortable and firm. Its never jarring, even over NJ interstate. This is with the RE070's on the car too. Imagine how much softer it'll be on winter tires or all-seasons, haha. The ALK and extra front camber is immediately noticeable, the front end doesn't lose grip anymore nearly as easily as before. I get some body roll at this damper setting, but nothing unmanageable. I have yet to autox with these, but I have a good feeling about them there too.

I'm ordering some Ferodo DS2500 brake pads for the car today, my stockers are about shot at 36k miles. My plans were to get Pagid Blacks, but the Ferodos are their equivalent and coming in $300 cheaper. I'm also going to get some lines and fluid to round these Brembos out.

Next mods will be RPM subframe brace and Carbing front strut tower bar with the master cylinder brace.

Have a BPM turbo inlet coming in tomorrow, and mad dad v2 headers are on my list eventually too.

Then I'll be getting another protune, except at Agile this time, along with some cornerweighting done.

*wheew* that's a lot of work.

Oh, I have an ebay H brace for sale now, wouldn't fit with the stock subframe and the ALK spacers installed. $20 takes it.

/
/
/
/
/

Last edited by DaveSTi; 06-25-2007 at 11:14 AM.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:09 PM   #6
Honest_Bob
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1179

My Ride:
05 WRX Wagon

Send a message via AIM to Honest_Bob
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSTi View Post

Oh, I have an ebay H brace for sale now, wouldn't fit with the stock subframe and the ALK spacers installed. $20 takes it.
I'll take it! You comming down to area1320 anytime soon?
I'll be at the tue night cedar crest applebees meet around 8:30 tommorow if your in the area.

Honest_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 07:47 PM   #7
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honest_Bob View Post
I'll take it! You comming down to area1320 anytime soon?
I'll be at the tue night cedar crest applebees meet around 8:30 tommorow if your in the area.
you got a deal!

i've been meaning to stop by. i shoudl be able to make it up to appleby's tomorrow night, but a little bit later on, like around 9-930, that cool?

/
/
/
/
/
Old 06-25-2007, 07:50 PM   #8
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
nice, the one thing i never did was the ALK... always wondered if i should throw that into the mix too, although i'd also have to lose my H brace.
glad the new suspension is working out for you, i'm about to try something different as well (G4 hotness)

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:13 PM   #9
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
nice, the one thing i never did was the ALK... always wondered if i should throw that into the mix too, although i'd also have to lose my H brace.
glad the new suspension is working out for you, i'm about to try something different as well (G4 hotness)

It's worth doing, just a PITA install without a lift and power tools. In fact, I wouldn't do that install without a lift and power tools

oh sweet! you'll have to give me a ride once you get them on

/
/
/
/
/
Old 06-26-2007, 03:37 PM   #10
Honest_Bob
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1179

My Ride:
05 WRX Wagon

Send a message via AIM to Honest_Bob
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSTi View Post
you got a deal!

i've been meaning to stop by. i shoudl be able to make it up to appleby's tomorrow night, but a little bit later on, like around 9-930, that cool?
Sounds good. I'll be there.

Honest_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 03:40 PM   #11
redwrxwagon02
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4044

Send a message via AIM to redwrxwagon02
Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
nice, the one thing i never did was the ALK... always wondered if i should throw that into the mix too
huge difference

i bought the whiteline ALK kit with the race bushings a while back and put it on about 2 weeks ago

definately one of the best mods iv done no more saggy bottom syndrome or rediculous front end lift