TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Ask The Law
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-26-2010, 10:48 PM   #1
AutobahnRacer
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2056

Current Speed Trap Technology

I am unsure as to whether or not you can or wish to discuss this, but do PA State Police Officers use radar when they are parked along highways, or at all for that matter anymore in Pennsylvania? I drove past 3 officers the past few days on 202 and none appeared to be using radar.

Do you (all) use Vascar or ENRADD for the most part over radar? Is there any new technology you now use instead?

Edit: One last thing, my friend challenged me on this. Though I did see as of May this year they are trying to make it legal, I said by PA law local enforcement is not allowed to use radar. Is this correct?

PS: I do not abuse the speed limit. I do drive 5 over but my gauge is off by 3mph

Last edited by AutobahnRacer; 05-26-2010 at 10:54 PM.
AutobahnRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:01 AM   #2
scout
[TST] Police Officer

Member #15563

My Ride:
2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe R-spec, 2002 WRX ppg'd (sold), 1999 Legacy wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carministrator View Post
I am unsure as to whether or not you can or wish to discuss this, but do PA State Police Officers use radar when they are parked along highways, or at all for that matter anymore in Pennsylvania? I drove past 3 officers the past few days on 202 and none appeared to be using radar.

Do you (all) use Vascar or ENRADD for the most part over radar? Is there any new technology you now use instead?

Edit: One last thing, my friend challenged me on this. Though I did see as of May this year they are trying to make it legal, I said by PA law local enforcement is not allowed to use radar. Is this correct?

PS: I do not abuse the speed limit. I do drive 5 over but my gauge is off by 3mph
I have a few friends that are troopers and they use it a lot. When you see them on the side of the highways they aren't always running it. A lot of times they could be there just as a deterrent. Making their presence known makes ppl slow down as I'm sure you see on the highways.

Correct, only PA troopers can use radar.
scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 06:25 PM   #3
AutobahnRacer
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2056

Your not just saying that so I don't suspect ENRADD or VASCAR are you? haha

Anyway, Thanks for the information and your time to answer my questions.

Last edited by AutobahnRacer; 05-27-2010 at 06:28 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:29 PM   #4
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
Related enough that I'll post it here...
I drove by one of those stands that displays your speed today and it showed me my speed, but my radar detector did not go off. Are they using any different technology in those these days? I know that they do not take photos or issue tickets, at this point at least... just curious.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:28 PM   #5
scout
[TST] Police Officer

Member #15563

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carministrator View Post
Your not just saying that so I don't suspect ENRADD or VASCAR are you? haha

Anyway, Thanks for the information and your time to answer my questions.

Haha, now I never said that they don't use those two. Just my 2 buddies never use it.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:34 PM   #6
scout
[TST] Police Officer

Member #15563

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
Related enough that I'll post it here...
I drove by one of those stands that displays your speed today and it showed me my speed, but my radar detector did not go off. Are they using any different technology in those these days? I know that they do not take photos or issue tickets, at this point at least... just curious.
"* Will SpeedCheck radar speed display signs set off radar detectors?

Yes, the speed radar unit used is identical to police radar units, and will set off radar detectors just as a police radar gun would."

That info is directly from one of the leading radar speed display companys in the U.S

Perhaps, you have a "BO-BO" radar detector, Troll
Old 05-27-2010, 10:42 PM   #7
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

I have a V1! It is invincible!
But um yeah, I'll have to keep an eye on it.
Thanks!

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
Old 05-27-2010, 11:10 PM   #8
Bane
[TST] Police Officer

Member #8526

My Ride:
Will P.I.T. you

I love enradd, most people don't even notice it but it's super easy to just put it behind a bush or trashcan on trashday and it's gameover. your super v1 cannot save you troll mwahaha
Old 05-27-2010, 11:54 PM   #9
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

I just googled enradd... I'm scared now

|

Quote:

|
Old 05-31-2010, 04:21 PM   #10
AutobahnRacer
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2056

Btw TROLL useful site if you've never been here before http://www.radarbusters.com/howwetestarticle.cfm

Last edited by AutobahnRacer; 05-31-2010 at 06:23 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:56 AM   #11
AutobahnRacer
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2056

Rather than start another thread closely relating, how accurate are those speed sign? According to 2 of them so far, my gauge is off by 3-4 mph. If they aren't accurate, is there any way of getting a officer to speed track me?
Old 06-16-2010, 02:02 PM   #12
Bane
[TST] Police Officer

Member #8526

My Ride:
Will P.I.T. you

speed signs? you mean the speed boxes mounted on poles and such?
Old 06-28-2010, 08:33 AM   #13
AutobahnRacer
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2056

Those random stationary electronic speed tower/stations reminder such as on 202 that tell you what speed your going.

Last edited by AutobahnRacer; 06-29-2010 at 10:09 AM.