TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 01-20-2009, 01:33 PM   #1
Pig STi
Tri-State Addict

Member #7003

My Ride:
2006 Subaru STi & 1973 VW Beetle, 2002 VW Jetta

Send a message via AIM to Pig STi
Anyone have a refund paypal issue??? HELP

I bought a Gauge off ebay. The guy refunded me the $52.09 saying they were out of stock. This was on 1/18....it's now the 20th and i still see $0.00 in my balance...But on the transaction part it says completed....I'm confused and worried...Any ideas...i called paypal but its impossible to talk to a human. F'n pisses me off...

the part i don't get is in the transaction part it says "transferred from XXXXXX $52.09, transferred to credit card -$52.09"

....shouldn't it be $52.09 not -????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Pig STi; 01-20-2009 at 01:38 PM. Reason: title
Pig STi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:18 PM   #2
upperguy
Tri-State Addict

Member #375

Send a message via AIM to upperguy
good luck getting anything done with them, I refuse to use paypal because it's a scam.

I bought a flip up monitor from some guy and sent him $450, says he is sending a few times but no number so 10 days later I tell him to refund or I'll file a claim. He says there was an issue shipping and I'm better off filing a claim with my bank. I start the paypal claim and he doesn't respond so they rule in my favor. Naturally since the guy was scamming me, he already had the money sent to him in the form of a check which was cashed. He had no bank account attached so they couldn't withdraw the funds that way so as it sits paypal is "waiting for his balance to become available"

There is no protection in paypal unless the person does and is still doing business through them. They are only there to make money and will not do anything for you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If you are a racist, I will attack you with the north.
upperguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:21 PM   #3
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
If you paid via credit card, wont they just put the credit back on your card and not paypal? I'd check your card as well. If you really feel like somethings right I'm sure they have an email contact which they will respond to so I'd try that next.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:25 PM   #4
Pig STi
Tri-State Addict

Member #7003

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
If you paid via credit card, wont they just put the credit back on your card and not paypal? I'd check your card as well. If you really feel like somethings right I'm sure they have an email contact which they will respond to so I'd try that next.

Yes i paid with a credit card that i have on my paypal account. I had 1 other thing refunded to me ever and it showed up right away on my balance...its just weird...

Old 01-20-2009, 03:28 PM   #5
97TurboDSM
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #849

My Ride:
'03 IY 20th GTI

Send a message via AIM to 97TurboDSM
sounds like it's already back on your card. call your CC company and ask them if it's there. i bet it is. payments via credit card and not paypal balance will not show up in your paypal balance if it's refunded.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:28 PM   #6
Drftpretty
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1994

My Ride:
98, Audi A4, 88 Rx7, 89 Vert, 71 Muscle, 96 Jeep, 75 Honda CB500T

Just hit Zero when you call them 99% of the time if you hit zero anytime during the promt you connect to a live operator. That or press the option for spanish. Since there are so many accents most of the time the spanish operators are live people who are usually bi-lingual.

Little tricks I learned

GL
2. How many of my peers carry guns.
Drftpretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:35 PM   #7
Pig STi
Tri-State Addict

Member #7003

My Ride:

haha ok will do when i get home from work...i just am getting a little freaked out here cause i want my money back so i can buy gauges that are actually in stock lol

Old 01-20-2009, 03:36 PM   #8
Pig STi
Tri-State Addict

Member #7003

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97TurboDSM View Post
sounds like it's already back on your card. call your CC company and ask them if it's there. i bet it is. payments via credit card and not paypal balance will not show up in your paypal balance if it's refunded.
I paid via credit card but with the card on my paypal account....so i dunno