TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: Bartonsville meet move to Sat Vote
Yeah, id like to see it moved to sat 0 0%
No its fine where its at 3 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-18-2010, 12:51 PM   #1
tazdevilxxi
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #16697

My Ride:
Mitsubishi Evolution VIII

Bartonsville Meet move vote

Hello everyone My name is Ralph most people dont know me but those me know my cars are usually nothing to turn a blind eye to as my cars are known for there looks and performance aspects but thats neither here nor there. Im looking to find out how many people would like to see the meet night get moved from mon to sat nights the i have a reasons why this may work the first would be most people unlike myself have to work a regular job with regular hours like a 8-5 or so during the week mon-fri with being out till 10pm and later it makes it very hard for some people to make it out to the meets and im always in for a good meet and always looking for a good race.the second is with most local meets like the sonic meet is held on sunday night in wb and a sheetz meet used to happen in a-town on sat night and with nobody going up there any longer i propose we take that night a maybe we could get a great turnout with all the people from allentown and i know for a fact theres alot of car out there looking for compitition. Please lmk how you feel if this is no something everyone is cool with please say so and post why thanx for reading
Old 07-18-2010, 06:28 PM   #2
Honest_Bob
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1179

My Ride:
05 WRX Wagon

Send a message via AIM to Honest_Bob
FYI: The meet was shut down by the cops two weeks ago. I havent been back since so I dont know if anyone showed up last week or not.

If you want a Saturday night meet in addition to whatever is left of the Monday night meet you wont hear me complaining. I'll probably show up to both.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Honest_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 07:03 PM   #3
Khellen
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5720

My Ride:
05 STi 30R Brotated 400awhp

Send a message via AIM to Khellen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honest_Bob View Post
FYI: The meet was shut down by the cops two weeks ago. I havent been back since so I dont know if anyone showed up last week or not.

If you want a Saturday night meet in addition to whatever is left of the Monday night meet you wont hear me complaining. I'll probably show up to both.
Being shut down and being asked to leave are two completely different things. The cops have asked us to leave on previous occasions but that dosent mean we are banned from the lot. We are only banned from the lot if the property owner asks us to no longer have meets due to liability. We were personally told this by one of the officers that asked us to leave back when we started this meet.

You're more then welcome to setup a Saturday meet as well and I know a lot of us will stop out for it but I'm personally wouldent want to be responsible for a Saturday meet. You'll get so many more "kids" then we would get on a Monday meet. Expect multiple burnouts from 16 year old's in mom's stock kia spectra or quad colored civics. On top of that, those stores do a lot of business on Saturdays and will most likely ask you to leave if your taking up parking during busy hours.

Your best bet is to setup a food meet, like Red Robins or something....that way you have a legit reason for being there if someone asks you to leave. That's what 90% of the TSTers who come out to the Monday meet do anyways. We hang out for an hour then hit up Red Robin for some grub! Feel free to come join say hi and join us if you wanna come with.
2004 Honda S2000
2002 Subaru Outback LL Bean
Khellen is offline   Reply With Quote