TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-30-2012, 11:45 AM   #1
holla@cha_boy
Tri-State Addict

Member #21944

My Ride:
2011 wrx

Thursday Night meets Borders in Montgomeryville

Myself and a few friends are trying to start a new meet every Thursday nights starting at 8pm. It's just going to be your average meet; meet up, hang out, talk cars. The parking lot is pretty big and there are food places near by.

It's going to be at the Borders bookstore parking lot in Montgomeryville (across from the mall, where the toys for tots meet was held).

Our first meet will be this coming Thursday(April 5) so let's start this off with a bang

No Burnouts
No Revving
No Racing
No Shenanigans
Clean Up Your Own Mess

Quote:
My car remote died. I had to insert my key into the lock like some kind of animal.
holla@cha_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:22 PM   #2
justinlansdale
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4286

My Ride:
old BMW & obnoxious bike(s)

Send a message via AIM to justinlansdale
LOL good luck!

//
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
justinlansdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:19 PM   #3
holla@cha_boy
Tri-State Addict

Member #21944

My Ride:
2011 wrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinlansdale View Post
LOL good luck!
problems with local pd? i know there were meets here in the past, not sure what happend..

Quote:
My car remote died. I had to insert my key into the lock like some kind of animal.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:55 AM   #4
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
They got shut down by the pd at request of the property owner, and everyone involved was told to never EVER meet there again.

The property owners issued and signed a trespass warrant so if you guys show up and hangout for any reason, you will most likely be ticketed and towed.

http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50440

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now

Last edited by DPancoast; 03-31-2012 at 09:02 AM.
DPancoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:49 PM   #5
holla@cha_boy
Tri-State Addict

Member #21944

My Ride:
2011 wrx

That's really disappointing to hear because that is such a nice place for a meet but that was 4 years ago and now the borders is closed down. Maybe myself and a few friends will go there next Thursday and talk to the local pd and see what happens. It sucks that both the ross meet and the quakertown sonic meet just got out of hand.

We're trying really hard to make a new meet somewhere in this area that won't be full of idiots ruining it for everyone. We also had an idea of making it at the Hatfield walmart parking lot, so that's our plan b.

Quote:
Old 03-31-2012, 12:56 PM   #6
green_machine
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #22796

My Ride:
Mitsubishi Lancer ES Sport

If you meet in any shopping center get permission from the company that owns it first. Send them an email. And if they approve that bring the confirmation with you when you meet that way if the cops bother you, show them that and they cant do anything. Im having weekly meets in west chester every friday i know its a little ways for you but it will get more people to come. we just started and we had 7 cars last night. there will be even more next weekend.
green_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:17 PM   #7
holla@cha_boy
Tri-State Addict

Member #21944

My Ride:
2011 wrx

Yeah West Chester is a little to far for us, but good luck with your meet. But if there still is a trespass warrant for the borders parking lot, the meet probably will not happen at this location. So if anyone has any ideas for a spot near there, please share and we can try to make happen at another location.

Quote:
Old 03-31-2012, 01:24 PM   #8
green_machine
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #22796

My Ride:

Yea i know it probably wont happen there im just saying in the future. To prevent problems haha. And yea thanks.
Old 04-01-2012, 02:07 PM   #9
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:

Hey, you are right that it was 4+ years ago. Maybe things have changed. But you need to contact all people involved before even idling in that lot as a car meet.

Contact the property owner(s) AND the local police. Not one or the other. You need FULL PERMISSION otherwise it's wasted time.

I'm not trying to be a douche or rain on your parade but the guys that started the borders meets went though what you are right now and are just as anxious to get another meet going.

The borders meet was out of control awesome. Ross meets even bigger and better. Both shut down due to lack of room and someone messing it up for everyone and/or the property owners saying no more. Spots have been being looked for to no avail so there needs to be as many eyes looking as possible.

Also remember. In this particular area... Once you start a meet, EVERYONE will show up.... It's like a drug to the crowd that used to come out. Word of mouth will make any meet gigantic around here.

Keep trying man. Just don't skip any steps before showing up and meeting anywhere.

- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now
Old 04-01-2012, 03:57 PM   #10
JSpecV03
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6345

My Ride:
2006 Acura TSX,1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 4.0, and cammed out Spec V with a blown motor.

Send a message via AIM to JSpecV03
good luck with this. would be cool to see this happen again. just like the old days. i just glanced at the old thread dpan linked and brought back some memories.
but just like he said, you will get the good and bad rift raft from EVERYWHERE once this starts off. its just how our area is. ross and the little lowes parking lot meet was the same. started small with just the local guys then before we know it there was people from all over. either way, good luck getting this going. but i must say i have my doubts.
Every Nasty Vehical Illustrates Our Useless Spending
JSpecV03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:25 PM   #11
holla@cha_boy
Tri-State Addict

Member #21944

My Ride:
2011 wrx

I'm going to keep trying to get this thing going. I just started looking on the net and can't seem to find anything on the owner or how to get ahold of him, for the toys for tots meet, who contacted who for that? I think that would be a good lead to start with if anyone knows..

As far as the crowd of people showing up for meets in this area, well unfortunately that's just a common problem and we'll deal with it when it comes. But I don't want to get ahead of myself. First let's try to get this meet going and like I said before, any help would be greatly appreciated.

On another note, I have thought of another spot for a possible meet if this does not work out; If you are familiar with Montgomeryville mall, there is a overflow lot in front of the closed down macy's(i think it was macy's). That's a pretty large parking lot and has some potential.

Quote:
Old 04-02-2012, 12:26 AM   #12
JSpecV03
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6345

My Ride:
2006 Acura TSX,1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 4.0, and cammed out Spec V with a blown motor.

Send a message via AIM to JSpecV03
I believe the overflow lot idea was tried before and got shut down. Idk I could be wrong but I think I remembering hearing that from someone. It's a good idea but the mall rent-a-cops wouldn't go for it.

The toys for tots thing I think was through toys r us I think. Not sure. But I like your idea so talk to whoever set that up then go from there.
---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?phbeuz
Every Nasty Vehical Illustrates Our Useless Spending

Last edited by JSpecV03; 04-02-2012 at 12:28 AM.
JSpecV03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:55 AM   #13
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:

Tots for tots was setup by Bryan Troll and some others.

The mall has been talked about and rejected by the local pd.

- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
Old 04-02-2012, 08:22 AM   #14
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

Troll has nothing to do with the Toys for Tots meet, besides being nice enough to show up. I'm actually responsible for that meet.
I know this is my work cutting into this, but they use a pretty expensive casket for the Dragula.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Ender81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:23 AM   #15
holla@cha_boy
Tri-State Addict

Member #21944

My Ride:
2011 wrx

oh well if you don't mind me asking, who did you talk to approve the meet at borders?

Quote:
Old 04-02-2012, 11:49 AM   #16
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

Being honest just go to your second choice on this. I had to have places put their word in regarding my meet and that there was never any trouble where it had been held previously. On top of that the Toys for Tots meet is to support the local community. I don't think you will get far with a group of cars looking for a place to hang out every week you know.
I know this is my work cutting into this, but they use a pretty expensive casket for the Dragula.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:02 PM   #17
holla@cha_boy
Tri-State Addict

Member #21944

My Ride:
2011 wrx

I understand completly and I don't want to bring a bad reputation to the toys for tots meet. In your opinion, do you think best buy would be a good spot if we can get approval?

Quote:
Old 04-02-2012, 02:47 PM   #18
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

In that area I think you are going to find it tough to get approval anywhere but I would think the mall might be your best bet. It's not a busy time of year and there are spots you could stay out of the way. It also always helps if you meet in a parking lot of a restaurant and then go inside and spend some money you know.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:59 PM   #19
green_machine
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #22796

My Ride:

Yea you should try any restaurants in the area with lots of parking they are always happy to have more people there especially potential customers.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:19 PM   #20
holla@cha_boy
Tri-State Addict

Member #21944

My Ride:
2011 wrx

Ok thanks guys. I think this thursday night a few of us will meet in the hatfield walmart then try to come up with some ideas of where to go and try to get permission. All are welcome to come to try to get a new meet going

Quote: