TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Vendor Marketplace > [TST] Vendors > Bonehead Performance
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 06-23-2009, 01:24 PM   #1
sillyeye
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8808

My Ride:
99 GSX

I need Ceramic Coating on a couple parts.

I heard you guys do decent work, I only live an hour away, but Im looking for a good deal because Im broke. I have a brand new FP cast manifold, and an FP 2.5in tubular O2 Vband housing, and $100 to spend on coating. PM if you can do it. Thanks I would drive down this week and drop it off.
sillyeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:32 PM   #2
sillyeye
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8808

My Ride:
99 GSX

Ok I take that as a no.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:35 PM   #3
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
call em

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:53 PM   #4
boneheadperformance
Vendor

Member #382

Send a message via AIM to boneheadperformance
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeye View Post
Ok I take that as a no.
You already called us here and I said we do not cut prices with ceramic work because the material is very expensive. If you want to bring in more work whether it be ceramic or powder we can cut the price for you but cannot on 2 small items.
boneheadperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 07:40 PM   #5
sillyeye
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8808

My Ride:
99 GSX

Thanks for the response, but I got the work I needed done locally for $100.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:16 PM   #6
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
Without taking sides I just feel that its important to add that all ceramic coating jobs are not created equal, and should definitely not come down to price. The majority of ceramic coatings end up flaking over time and are not effective, so make sure you go to a shop that is experienced and reputable for the work since a lot of it is in the prep and application.
With that said, I have complete trust in Bonehead's work.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:20 AM   #7
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
ceramic coating looks good when you pull it out of the packaging lol... then it goes to imperfect if you ask me

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now
DPancoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:14 PM   #8
sillyeye
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8808

My Ride:
99 GSX

Well this shop has a good reputation and is alot cheaper. I tried to see if Bonehead would be a little competitive but they wouldnt budge on price, so I moved to the next guy thats willing to make a buck for his service.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:26 PM   #9
sillyeye
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8808

My Ride:
99 GSX

I do have 4 wheels that need powder coating, maybe we can do business with that. Do you mount and unmount tires?
Old 07-02-2009, 02:55 PM   #10
boneheadperformance
Vendor

Member #382

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeye View Post
I do have 4 wheels that need powder coating, maybe we can do business with that. Do you mount and unmount tires?
Yes we do.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:41 AM   #11
87fierogt
Tri-State Addict

Member #1760

My Ride:
82 v8 s10

if ceramic is done correctly/quality materials there is NO reason why it should flake/discolor etc like chrome would and it wont rust out like standard headers would. my bro had jetcoat/jethot(whatever i forget the exact name) done in black on his big block into dodge a body headers and he deff putt it through 200 miles since they were done in jan and had to take em out to put the aluminum heads on(the one part in the 40k$ build he didnt replace) and he banged em since they ARE SUPER tight fit if you know these cars youll see and no flaking/discoloring/and they do there job of looking/holding heat in and im sure bonehead does excellent work
Old 09-08-2009, 09:58 AM   #12
HQuakers
Tri-State Addict

Member #6849

My Ride:
97 Jeep Cherokee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87fierogt View Post
if ceramic is done correctly/quality materials there is NO reason why it should flake/discolor etc like chrome would and it wont rust out like standard headers would. my bro had jetcoat/jethot(whatever i forget the exact name) done in black on his big block into dodge a body headers and he deff putt it through 200 miles since they were done in jan and had to take em out to put the aluminum heads on(the one part in the 40k$ build he didnt replace) and he banged em since they ARE SUPER tight fit if you know these cars youll see and no flaking/discoloring/and they do there job of looking/holding heat in and im sure bonehead does excellent work
Jethot is probably the best ceramic coating out there, so I'm not surprised it didn't flake after a quick bang. As long as the coating is still in tact the Jethot should last.
HQuakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 02:33 PM   #13
boneheadperformance
Vendor

Member #382

Quote:
Originally Posted by HQuakers View Post
Jethot is probably the best ceramic coating out there, so I'm not surprised it didn't flake after a quick bang. As long as the coating is still in tact the Jethot should last.
Yes Jet-Hot is very good and have been around for many years. You must remember that Jet-Hot uses ceramic, just like us. Jet-Hot is a company name, not a product.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:38 PM   #14
Turbo_CitrusEs
Tri-State Addict

Member #660

Send a message via AIM to Turbo_CitrusEs
Im gonna disagree on the jet-hot coating. I had a manifold done through that company and after only a years time it started to flake off!!!
But like a fat bitch that is going out with her fist pumping girlfriends, she's going to take a long drink from a bottle filled with denial and try to squeeze in a size 6 when she's really a 16 and act like she's the baddest bitch on the block. So believe what you want Jersey peeps. Cause when you leave your state and people ask you where you are from, we all know you want to lie cause secretly you are embarrassed by how much it sucks.
Turbo_CitrusEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 03:02 PM   #15
boneheadperformance
Vendor

Member #382

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_CitrusEs View Post
Im gonna disagree on the jet-hot coating. I had a manifold done through that company and after only a years time it started to flake off!!!
Yeah there have been customers who have brought items to us after not liking Jet-Hot's coatings. It depends on the color you got done and the heat rating which will reflect its durability.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:20 PM   #16
HQuakers
Tri-State Addict

Member #6849

My Ride:
97 Jeep Cherokee

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneheadperformance View Post
Yes Jet-Hot is very good and have been around for many years. You must remember that Jet-Hot uses ceramic, just like us. Jet-Hot is a company name, not a product.
Yeah, I know, but I'm just saying a lot of people, including myself, sent stuff to them to have it done based on their quality and reputation, which in and of itself is almost a "product," but I'm happy with your work so Jet-Hot won't get any more of my business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneheadperformance View Post
Yeah there have been customers who have brought items to us after not liking Jet-Hot's coatings. It depends on the color you got done and the heat rating which will reflect its durability.
Yeah, I have seen some of their colors dull a little.
HQuakers is offline   Reply With Quote