TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Tech > Asian > Subaru Talk
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 11-10-2007, 08:11 PM   #1
Jp2slow
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5501

My Ride:
02 wrx

Send a message via AIM to Jp2slow Send a message via Yahoo to Jp2slow
Cant figure out this one

I need somone local to help me figure this dam problem Im having Identifiyed so I cant get her fixed Iv posted on NASIOC , ICLUB , ScoobyMods yet no one has anything. Ill make it short , Other night after some spirited driving my car would go to about 4 k rpms then it would just rev. So I limped her home slowly calmed myself for a 5 mins and took it back out again. Same thing WTF!! so I go home again I let her sit for any hour and go back out. I reverse out the driveway go to put it in first and It was like Im a noob and just learning to drive stick and didnt give it enough gas. By the way that how it is all the time now

best way to describe what its doing. She finaly goes revs great shifts great and decels great. All other gears smooth even first is after I get going . Its only from a dead stop somtimes Reverse does maybe 1/20 . Im now evey so often hearing a weird metal rattle at idle cant hear if when going exhaust too loud.

I recentyl replaced the clutch , yes it was a kit. Im not sure if that matters since it shifts sweet. I also tried changing the gear oil in trans and dif . She shifts amzing now but stll fom a stop problem. No CELs Im lost help!!
Jp2slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 08:15 PM   #2
malloyboy1
Tri-State Addict

Member #5438

My Ride:
05 subaru wrx

sounds like something with the clutch to me. cant say for sure but what fluids are you using?
malloyboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 08:56 PM   #3
Jp2slow
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5501

My Ride:
02 wrx

Royal purple , and I thinks castrol fo the clutch. he car ran Great for 1200 miles
Old 11-10-2007, 08:58 PM   #4
malloyboy1
Tri-State Addict

Member #5438

My Ride:
05 subaru wrx

hmm i guess i would have to see it. is it like a slipping clutch pretty much?
Old 11-10-2007, 09:00 PM   #5
malloyboy1
Tri-State Addict

Member #5438

My Ride:
05 subaru wrx

i showed my buddy what you said and he said his car did something like that when his injectors got clogged.

did you run any fuel system cleaner or anything like that? all that ish does is loosten everything off the system and it gets mixed with the gas then the last stop for larger bits would be the injectors
Old 11-10-2007, 09:15 PM   #6
Jp2slow
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5501

My Ride:
02 wrx

no I did not use any cleaner. Car runs amazing once it get to 5 -10 mph its just from a go its like it not catcing but trying to grab.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:16 PM   #7
Jp2slow
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5501

My Ride:
02 wrx

Everything after that has no problems shifts great and moves at any rpm.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:12 AM   #8
malloyboy1
Tri-State Addict

Member #5438

My Ride:
05 subaru wrx

hmmm i would say call the dealer and ask them what it could be then go from there
Old 11-11-2007, 12:40 AM   #9
RyanG
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #63

Send a message via AIM to RyanG
take a DEEP BREATH.. and try and explain your issue a little better.. Im having a hard time trying to figure out what your issue actually is

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
RyanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 04:00 AM   #10
Jp2slow
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5501

My Ride:
02 wrx

ok ,

My car is having issues accelerating from a stop. I have 1xxx miles on
new clutch so Im used to the new amount of slip right now on it and car has
been great until now.

The other night it started when I was in front of my house. I tired to go but it did not want it seemed. the car started to shake make some clunking noises then after all of that it she just went as normal. she shifted like butter and felt fine .

I was confused so I thought maybe I just didnt give it enough gas so I
stopped again too see if I could replacate it again . Sure enough I could and
it is not going away.

If I get on the pedal more and very slowly release the clutch , as if I didnt know how to drive 5 spd. theres a 1/3 chance its almost normal take off .

Ive also noticed a strange vibration noise at idle with the clutch in or out does not matter but its not a constinint thing ans seems random.

now pior to all this I was driving the car a little hard , but in no way abusing it of beating on her .I was just testing the STI Top mount I put on in 3rd-5th most of the time on highway. right before I experienced problem above the car did not like revs above 4k it would just redline after tha through all the gears.

I went in side for a few minutes came back out problem still there , I went in pissed off and angry. Close to a hour later , I try again problem above accured but but the redline issue went away.

I changed the Tranny/diff , no diffrence excpet the car shifts better then I could imagined it too. I got a clutch masters fx300 kit installed , perrin Tubo inlet tube jdm sti v7 intake mani and a reflash was all done same time.

We used Stock flywheel because it looked betterthen the one that got resurfaced. andI gave her the 500 mile break as well.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:03 AM   #11
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
hard to tell but it sounds like an install error with the clutch or maybe the pedal needs to be adjusted.

sounds like the clutch isnt engaging/disengaging properly though, for some reason...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 04:17 AM   #12
malloyboy1
Tri-State Addict

Member #5438

My Ride:
05 subaru wrx

i think the noise your hearing is the fingers on the pressure plate. they dont need to be bent far at all to make noise. possible you hit/tweeked one not knowing it durring the install.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:19 AM   #13
malloyboy1
Tri-State Addict

Member #5438

My Ride:
05 subaru wrx

what reflash are you on. as in what tuned by / on
Old 11-11-2007, 04:31 AM   #14
Jp2slow
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5501

My Ride:
02 wrx

Its a custom tune running about 18 lbs
Old 11-12-2007, 09:12 PM   #15
foolio
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #4097

My Ride:
2000 GC/Swap

Yea, thats kind of wierd. A few things come to mind though. There is a plate on the bottom of the engine. This plate protects stuff from flying up into the clutch/flywheel area. Ive seen where this plate gets pinched between the engine and trans therefore rubbing on the flywheel. So pushing the clutch in would have no effect on pitch of the sound. So thats one thing you could check. Is the car stalling? Or just not moving properly. Double check everything on your TMIC install as well. While you have the TMIC off have someone push the clutch in and out while you look at the fork to check for function. Then unplug your Mass Air Flow sensor and start the car. This will cause a CEL but the car will start and run without the TMIC, listen for noise if its coming from the clutch area you probably just have a problem with the Presssure Plate or something. Unplugging the mass air flow sensor and starting the car causes the ecu to go into fail safe and run only on the MAP sensor. Plug everything back in clear the code and it will go back to normal.

Jodie
foolio is offline   Reply With Quote