TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-27-2021, 02:46 PM   #8401
piku
Tri-State Addict

Member #12166

My Ride:
335i/M3

I did do a thing last year just as covid started though
Attached Images
File Type: jpg m52.jpg (67.5 KB, 7 views)
piku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 09:51 PM   #8402
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

I'm rocking a Chevy Cruze Premier hatch these days.
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 02:23 PM   #8403
Big_Jim
Dealing with stupidity.
Super Moderator

Member #7592

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamar View Post
I'm rocking a Chevy Cruze Premier hatch these days.
are you really?
Old 09-18-2021, 12:27 PM   #8404
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Jim View Post
are you really?
Dad life
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 03:51 PM   #8405
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
Just participated in the www.rockymountainrambler500.com out here in CO -- you guys would get a kick out of it. Supposed to be $500 cars, then modded to ridiculousness. We had a Suburban my buddy picked up, its painted like tropical 90s Miami Vice.... and we lost an AC clutch and belt in the middle of nowhere that stranded us for about 8 hours until we got parts to fix it and drive back out. Still a fun event and met a ton of awesome super helpful people, even though it didn't go as planned.

Also sitting on hold with a totally incompetent tech support for the web hosting that this site and a couple others are on because they messed something up but they aren't sure how, or how to fix it. Lol at the old claims of me getting rich off of TST... I can look back at that and laugh, but I'll still never understand why some people loved me and some people truly hated me... without much reason for either. I'm just out here trying to organize some **** the best I can and hang with my frands. Never gonna make everyone happy...

For anyone interested, I think I peaked around $20k/year profit for a few years from TST -- and probably spent 40-60 hours a week working on it, definitely more at times. Totally crushing it at an hourly rate equivalent to less than minimum wage except with tons of stress and bull**** and sleepless nights trying to fix things. Now I just pay out of pocket to keep the site online still... oh well... living the dream!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 12:06 AM   #8406
alachua
Tri-State Addict

Member #4

My Ride:
14 Miata Club

Send a message via AIM to alachua
Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
Lol at the old claims of me getting rich off of TST... I can look back at that and laugh, but I'll still never understand why some people loved me and some people truly hated me... without much reason for either. I'm just out here trying to organize some **** the best I can and hang with my frands. Never gonna make everyone happy...

For anyone interested, I think I peaked around $20k/year profit for a few years from TST -- and probably spent 40-60 hours a week working on it, definitely more at times. Totally crushing it at an hourly rate equivalent to less than minimum wage except with tons of stress and bull**** and sleepless nights trying to fix things. Now I just pay out of pocket to keep the site online still... oh well... living the dream!
Man, good to see you are still kicking around on here. I wandered in wondering if the for sale sections were still active, looking for a cheap seat for a simrig, but I guess all that stuff moves on FB marketplace now.

I remember there being some random haters back in the beginning, but I always enjoyed the energy here. The members helped me get through a real dark time when I lost my job at Circuit City, both buying my used parts to help pay the rent and just hanging out online and at meets. Crazy how in the pre-'everything is a service'/'your data is our product' days people would get upset that someone got paid a little bit for the work to keep a free site up and running. Glad you at least got a some a couple of bucks from it.

For some reason I still remember "helping" pulling the trans out of your WRX in your folks garage on a miserable rainy day, being bummed that the diff fluid straight melted my mechanix gloves I'm honestly not sure if I was more or less useful than a nice transmission jack, but I remember us having a good time (or at least I think we did).

-Cliff
Old 02-09-2022, 08:03 PM   #8407
Big_Jim
Dealing with stupidity.
Super Moderator

Member #7592

Ghost bump.
Old 02-15-2022, 07:33 PM   #8408
~Brian~
Tri-State Addict

Member #1019

My Ride: