TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > General Car Related Chat
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-16-2007, 10:44 PM   #1
Renegade_
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1912

My Ride:
1J Swaggon

I need input, should I sell?

Alright, I have right now a 2000 SRP 2.5RS coupe and I love it to death but as with the entire generation of GCs, its a tad bit too slow. I have been talking about swapping this thing for as long as I can remember and I am starting to realize that it might not happen due to my situation (money, school, etc etc...)

Now, I want to know what you guys think -

123,000 miles on motor - burns absolutely 0 oil between oil changes which range between 3-4k miles, at startup it smokes a little bit but thats because the cat is shot I think as no coolant is burning either (thought it was but after I filled up the coolant again the level shot up over the full line after the next drive so the system just wasn't settled I guess)

< 40,000 on the trans - shifts beautifully, except reverse. Just be slow with it and it's fine otherwise you get a little grind. Has Uncle Scotty's ****tail in it.

< 7,000 miles on the clutch. ACT Stage I installed by Ryan @ 1320. its somewhere like 6,500 (I'm too lazy to find the sheets where I wrote it down).

Motor/Exhaust:
Cobb Intake
Borla UEL Headers
Tanabe Axleback

Drivetrain:
Stage I ACT Street Clutch
Kartboy Shortshifter w/bushings

Suspension/Wheels+Tires/Brakes:
Tein Type HA Coilovers (7k/6k)
Cobb Street Pads
Prodrive P1s w/ Falken FK452s @ 215/45/17 - tons left on these
Zerosports 23mm RSB
Kartboy Endlinks

Exterior
Completely Debadged
STi v.2 rear bumper with spats (v2, v4, same thing)
Front and Rear JDM Bumper beams (these things shave off no joke over 60-70lbs)

Misc. Info.
AC is out
Recently aligned @ R/T Tuning,

If I were to sell the car I would include:
1 set of OEM 6 spokes with tires. Fronts are good for another season but the rears are shot.
Zerosports 23mm front swaybar for GC8 turbo crossmember. If you are going to swap the car you need this, I'll include it with the sale.
Cusco adjustable 22-24mm STi rear sway. If you are going to swap in a six speed this is the swaybar you would be using.
Redline rear diff fluid, I just haven't had the time to change it.
A set of unmounted blizzak snow tires, just never put em on the 16' rims.
AC system for the car - Its out and I have it if you want it
OEM suspension - If you want to go do rallyx or something

Pros:
Never has been a morning where this car hasn't started up.
Drives great, straight and handles like a monster now with the new RSB
Interior in pretty good rate

Cons:
Driver door dings
2 scratches near the back of the car where the trunk mounds
Chipping underside bumper (its underside the bumper, you can't see it)
Carpet is kind of beat (it has 123k on it )

My plans with this car were going to be swap in a WRX motor and have a sub 2800 lb car (which it already is for sure).

So, my question is: How much do you think this car is worth? The reason I ask is because I realize that I don't have money to swap it properly and I am itching for a turbo car. I realize that I will probably kick myself if I do sell it, but right now I am not officially selling it, I want to see what you guys think I could sell it for and then base my decision off of that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Renegade_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 12:51 PM   #2
venomhiss
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #6221

save up the money to swap the motor in....i had a 94 cobra and 2 03 cobras....i miss the 94 more then the 03 i crashed because if i had just held onto it in my time of being broke, right now that bitch would be a 9-8 second car when my money situation got right.....hold onto it and save up for the swap if i was you.

92 galant vr4: 550cc injectors, DSMlink, full turboback exhaust, FMIC (leaky SOB i will redo) and a 16g turbo....now who wants to buy it for 3 grand flat?
venomhiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 04:48 PM   #3
SUPRARICE87
Tri-State Addict

Member #5568

My Ride:
87 TOYOTA SUPRA TURBO

I wouldn't swap the motor. slap a turbo on it! you have more displacment. build it up. make it beter than the wrx motor. I don't know what you need to do it but if you build it up you can have a beast. I beleve the 2 door subie is better find a turbo kit and see what happens. your car looks better than a wrx. take your time buy the kit and when your ready put it on. I might know someone that could do it for you cheaper than you could imagine ever. my neighbor has one. I drive a mk3 supra and everytime I see his car I think about getting out the toyota game. That's the one I want I would just slap the kit on it. I don't know about the internals but it should handle 350 325 at the wheels. dude you would be sad if you sell it. even if you get a wrx. That I promise you.
SUPRARICE87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 05:01 PM   #4
MPowerKai
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1011

My Ride:
Mongoose

Send a message via AIM to MPowerKai
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPRARICE87 View Post
I wouldn't swap the motor. slap a turbo on it! you have more displacment. build it up. make it beter than the wrx motor. I don't know what you need to do it but if you build it up you can have a beast. I beleve the 2 door subie is better find a turbo kit and see what happens. your car looks better than a wrx. take your time buy the kit and when your ready put it on. I might know someone that could do it for you cheaper than you could imagine ever. my neighbor has one. I drive a mk3 supra and everytime I see his car I think about getting out the toyota game. That's the one I want I would just slap the kit on it. I don't know about the internals but it should handle 350 325 at the wheels. dude you would be sad if you sell it. even if you get a wrx. That I promise you.
Yea.....I wouldn't turbo the 2.5rs engine. Despite popular believe there is a replacement for displacement. The 2.5rs engine can barely hold .5 bar of boost you would shell out a lot more money to make the stock engine stable under FI then if you just go for the swap. I would know, I have a 2000 2.5rs coupe and I considered turbo charging it as well.