TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Racing > Racing
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 03-12-2006, 09:50 AM   #241
blownGT
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #1592

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver05bullet
did u spray with me?
i didnt see ne bottle in his car

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Mustang Of The Month April 06 @
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 03-12-2006, 10:47 AM   #242
347gtvert
Tri-State Addict

Member #551

Quote:
Originally Posted by blownGT
i didnt see ne bottle in his car

off topic -

Your only making 475rwhp and 411rwtq w/ a built 2v motor and boost? You have enough fuel, whats the problem? My buddy has has a 02 gt w/ all the bolt ons, completely untouch motor, he makes 423rwhp and 389rwtq?

you should be in the 560-600rwhp range, especially w/ ported heads and cams...

Gone -
Old 03-12-2006, 12:20 PM   #243
SpendOne
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #144

My Ride:
1987 Mazda RX7 LQ4 Turbo

Send a message via AIM to SpendOne
Sleeperstyle does not have spray. he has mentioned that it was part of his plans for the future. THE CAR IS NOT EQUIPT WITH A SHOT!
1980 Ford Fairmont 4Dr
LQ4 Turbo AGAIN
Old 03-12-2006, 02:28 PM   #244
y3llo_GTO_burnout
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1480

If sleeperstyle sprayed you we would have been measuring in full Amtrak train lengths instead of the boxcar length scale we were using.
Old 03-12-2006, 02:35 PM   #245
sleeperstyle
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #848

im not even putting a shot on the car- that was all a big joke. im upgrading my rear mounted turbo from the t61gt to a t76gts and upping the boost via methanol .
Old 03-12-2006, 02:47 PM   #246
Bizee
Tri-State Addict

Member #210

car will still be a ****ing turd after your upgrade and you know that. thats why you came over and tried to hijack my car the other day making me cut wires and ****.. pretty underhanded if you ask me....only upgrade i need to do to make sure he is behind me is clean my rear view mirror off..
Old 03-12-2006, 02:51 PM   #247
D Money
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #798

My Ride:
Big dawg ride

Send a message via AIM to D Money
I dunno, Nick how bad did you actually beat suave the 2nd time? You guys should do it again with him only in the car and maybe race gas or something. It may be closer, but it's obvious your car just pulled harder. You guys run around the same time which is making me wonder why you would take him like you did.

Quote:
D has beat me up in public before. be careful this guy is reckless!
Old 03-12-2006, 02:51 PM   #248
sleeperstyle
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #848

make you cut wires??! i wanted to hack the frame up to make more room. cutting wires is nothing .
Old 03-12-2006, 02:53 PM   #249
Bizee
Tri-State Addict

Member #210

the track they ran on is a huge difference from the track that they got those time slips from. people need to see that... sleeperstyle comes out very hard at the place they ran and has the tree down well.

also the second race was closer. but not close enough to warrent a rematch.. y3llow gto please review the guidlines here.
Old 03-12-2006, 02:59 PM   #250
sleeperstyle
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #848

i'll let suave/ whoever comment on the win margin. i try not to brag about how much i win by or how close i was when loosing to whoever, it is either a win or a loss- if it is close i'll call it close.

racegas, a midget driving, lexan windows, nitrous, whatever it takes. do it up and bring it out to play. i always look forward to it.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:01 PM   #251
sleeperstyle
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #848

i forgot to mention if he ran at cecil- well cecil is below sea level and ever so slightly downhill .

edit- as far as automatic being "easy" to not screw up, well the 2nd run i spun a good deal on the launch, actually had to let off the gas and then get back on it. doesn't matter, that's racing and that stuff happens- im not making excuses. reaction time, driving, weather- all play a roll in how a car performs on a given night.

Last edited by sleeperstyle; 03-12-2006 at 03:03 PM.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:09 PM   #252
D Money
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #798

My Ride:
Big dawg ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeperstyle
i forgot to mention if he ran at cecil- well cecil is below sea level and ever so slightly downhill .

edit- as far as automatic being "easy" to not screw up, well the 2nd run i spun a good deal on the launch, actually had to let off the gas and then get back on it. doesn't matter, that's racing and that stuff happens- im not making excuses. reaction time, driving, weather- all play a roll in how a car performs on a given night.
We live no where near cecil county. We usually go to E-town, those times are the most accurate. Atco is even said to have a car run .1 or .2 faster times due to location and downward slope. Anyways, it was a race, you won so thats not the arguement. Your car is just faster plain and simple, but suave's car is not slow nor is mine, we both are mid 12 second cars, both should be high 11's or really low 12's by the end of the month. It looks like you guys are faster and take it much more serious then we do.

Quote:
Old 03-12-2006, 03:15 PM   #253
Bizee
Tri-State Addict

Member #210

ahh dont take it the wrong way. its all in fun. we just joke around about it. its great to see and meet new people who come down to actually race. hope you guys keep coming out to run and have a good time. also hope my flowerpot is together soon to join.
Old 03-12-2006, 04:04 PM   #254
SpendOne
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #144

My Ride:
1987 Mazda RX7 LQ4 Turbo

Send a message via AIM to SpendOne
Mines gonna be down for awhile. It will still be around but no track time for me. Definately dont take it seriously, you win some, you lose some. There is always somebody faster.
1980 Ford Fairmont 4Dr
LQ4 Turbo AGAIN
Old 03-12-2006, 04:14 PM   #255
sleeperstyle
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #848

i wouldn't say i take it that seriously, but i try to take a more factual/scientific approach to it. after all, it IS just physics, and i try to rely on factual information if possible. that being said, im a drag racer so i relate these things when racing. keep in mind i've been drag racing all of the time for like 4-5 years now, you start to pick up on certain things that may not be so apparent to everybody else.

put it this way, i have no doubt that suave did in fact run very similar times that i did- but i've had races AT ATCO where i was dead even with the other guy at the end. we get the slips, and he KILLED me by like .7 and some mph. keep in mind the time it took us to hit the end was that different but the race was, from a street racers/ onlooker's perspective, dead even.

some people can say "no way man, if the car is .7 faster than you how can it be even?" simple, reaction time . the human eye might not see it as such an advantage but the timing equipment sure backs it up. it gets to be an even bigger deal as the cars get faster.

knowing this can work for you and against you. since i know it and use it to my advantage, i tend to make out pretty well- and make out even better if the person im lined up against doesn't use this information to their advantage.
Old 03-12-2006, 04:23 PM   #256
D Money
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #798

My Ride:
Big dawg ride

I am not taking anything to heart, I wasn't the one who raced.

Quote:
Old 03-12-2006, 04:36 PM   #257
10SecS4
Tri-State Aficionado
Banned

Member #1578

Send a message via AIM to 10SecS4
Quote:
Originally Posted by subwrxkid
We live no where near cecil county. We usually go to E-town, those times are the most accurate. Atco is even said to have a car run .1 or .2 faster times due to location and downward slope. Anyways, it was a race, you won so thats not the arguement. Your car is just faster plain and simple, but suave's car is not slow nor is mine, we both are mid 12 second cars, both should be high 11's or really low 12's by the end of the month. It looks like you guys are faster and take it much more serious then we do.
Haha, Atco does not have a downward slope. It's also at roughly the same elevation as Englishtown. I find that aside from the track prep at Atco being better, the two tracks are about the same as far as the numbers go. After a few runs, I was running consistent 11.0's at Atco... I went to Englishtown a few days later and was running the same exact consistent 11.0's. I'd say the two tracks are pretty damn close.
Old 03-12-2006, 05:15 PM   #258
sleeperstyle
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #848

i've seen the same results at both tracks also, in my awd dsm. i stick to atco nowadays however, seem to be the cheapest and you get the most amount of runs in.

i refuse to go to cecil since alot of people claim it is cheating, it being physically downhill and below sea level. runs claimed at cecil are usually dis-regarded unless backed up at another track.

i'll usually hit maple grove up once during the season, but they REALLY tech you in. i remember having to take off the center caps in my one car . they take it a little far imho.

10secs4, pm me next time you hit up atco- i was thinking about (not certain however) this tuesday. since i didn't get my racing "fix" this weekend.

Last edited by sleeperstyle; 03-12-2006 at 05:18 PM.
Old 03-12-2006, 06:54 PM   #259
10SecS4
Tri-State Aficionado
Banned

Member #1578

Send a message via AIM to 10SecS4
So you think Cecil is definitely faster than Atco? I know I've seen a lot of really fast times out of the MD tracks, but always thought they were similar to Atco and Englishtown.
Old 03-12-2006, 07:13 PM   #260
sleeperstyle
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #848

only what i've heard from numerous old heads that have been drag racing for probably as long as i've been alive. i have no factual proof however only good sources.