TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic > General Entertainment
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-05-2009, 03:41 PM   #41
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

i don't even know where to start since my point is obviously flying way over most people's head...

i'll sum my points up:

he dug himself into a hole and got himself out, good for him

he's worthy of encouragement and support

he's not worthy of admiration or respect
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:42 PM   #42
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
I'm gonna go ahead and assume scape and 96stang never had a loved one who was a drug addict.
my aunt, my ex girlfriend, my cousin, my best friend from elementary school to college

thats all i can think of off the top of my head
Old 05-05-2009, 03:43 PM   #43
SpEcRv9
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6190

My Ride:
korean supra.

Send a message via AIM to SpEcRv9
we're really arguing about a guy who's life we no nothing about, other than he was a complete jackass on camera all the time....

addiction has many different faces, you could be a future addict and have no idea about it....each and every single one of those people has lived a different life than you and made a bad decision that got them where they were, they're human...humans make errors in judgement...some worse than others...from famous people, to homeless people, impressionable kids, strong minded adults...right now there are 6 billion people with different stories than you. It's my opinion (and probably the one taken 90% of the time), that a recovering addict needs the support much more than someone who's never been addicted to anything...stang and scape can go pat each other on the back for staying clean and never having to go through addiction, withdraw, recovery for every day of the rest of your life.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:44 PM   #44
The Captain
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3369

My Ride:
Prelude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapegoat View Post
i don't even know where to start since my point is obviously flying way over most people's head...

i'll sum my points up:

I can agree with all of this.

I cant agree with the prior statements that his drug addiction cant be blamed on loss of a loved one. That's something that EASILY sends people into a depression/drug addiction.

- "America is all about speed - hot, nasty bad-ass speed." Eleanor Roosevelt (1965)
The Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:45 PM   #45
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

Quote:

i'll sum my points up:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpEcRv9 View Post
we're really arguing about a guy who's life we no nothing about, other than he was a complete jackass on camera all the time....

addiction has many different faces, you could be a future addict and have no idea about it....each and every single one of those people has lived a different life than you and made a bad decision that got them where they were, they're human...humans make errors in judgement...some worse than others...from famous people, to homeless people, impressionable kids, strong minded adults...right now there are 6 billion people with different stories than you. It's my opinion (and probably the one taken 90% of the time), that a recovering addict needs the support much more than someone who's never been addicted to anything...stang and scape can go pat each other on the back for staying clean and never having to go through addiction, withdraw, recovery for every day of the rest of your life.
i quoted myself just so you can look where i said he's worthy of encouragement and support.

you guys seem to be completely misunderstanding my point
Old 05-05-2009, 03:47 PM   #46
SpEcRv9
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6190

My Ride:
korean supra.

Quote:
i quoted myself just so you can look where i said he's worthy of encouragement and support.

you guys seem to be completely misunderstanding my point
yeah i saw that after i posted and i agree with the way you phrased it there....everywhere else in the thread it seemed like you were just trying to **** on him for being an addict.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:47 PM   #47
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
I can agree with all of this.

I cant agree with the prior statements that his drug addiction cant be blamed on loss of a loved one. That's something that EASILY sends people into a depression/drug addiction.
but he was already doing drugs beforehand...
Old 05-05-2009, 03:48 PM   #48
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpEcRv9 View Post
yeah i saw that after i posted and i agree with the way you phrased it there....everywhere else in the thread it seemed like you were just trying to **** on him for being an addict.
got ya.

not the case. i just don't think he's someone to look up to... yet
Old 05-05-2009, 03:49 PM   #49
SpEcRv9
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6190

My Ride:
korean supra.

Quote:
but he was already doing drugs beforehand...
addiction runs in is family...if you watched the documentary it was stated within the first 2 minutes of the show.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:49 PM   #50
SpEcRv9
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6190

My Ride:
korean supra.

Quote:
got ya.

not the case. i just don't think he's someone to look up to... yet
oh he was never someone to really look up to to begin with...all drugs aside.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:57 PM   #51
87fierogt
Tri-State Addict

Member #1760

My Ride:
82 v8 s10

yea hes deff not someone to look up to but i say good job for him knowing how hard it is to stay clean. yea i smoked weed here and there but did i ever think one day i would be shootin herion at 17? HELLLL NO but ive made bad choices due to the insane amount of back pain that no dr did anything about due to my age but finally after it was all said and done they relized how bad it was but honestly i got to the point where most addicts are at where they no longer want to live but the day i got arrested i was happy and being how bad i was with drugs made me wanna get clean and never go back after knowing how ****ty it feels. and if it wasnt for my mom and dad being there for me paying the 400 a night after insurance for my rehab(16 days you do the math) and the one or two friends who stuck with me and didnt brush me off i wouldnt be here where i am today with over a year clean. so for you guys who didnt have a loved one with an addiction and are judgeing people i hope one day you never have to go through what i have or have a loved one go through it. ive been to places i should have never seen,met people i shouldnt have met, and been sicker then i ever have been but really all it takes is one bad choice,one time on pain meds like someone said before it could happen to you. sorry for the long post but i wanted to give my perspective and this isnt an arguement or me being mad im just saying
Old 05-24-2009, 01:48 PM   #52
bigd8823
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #4879

My Ride:
1948 Ford f1

that documentary was awesome never knew he was in that deep
bigd8823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 03:22 PM   #53
4DR_DB7
Tri-State Addict
Banned

Member #13599

My Ride:
97 Acura Teg

x2. I saw it a few nights ago. unreal! he was completely overboard and out of touch w/ reality.

The most telling comment was from Chris P, something to the effect of, 'it wasn't that big a deal when Steve had no money... but once he had money, the coke problem really got out of control".

There was some crazy footage in there. Def a good watch for anything who thinks trying hard drugs is cool. I started to get into oxy's and coke after high school, but i quickly realized that it was going to lead to no good, so I just made myself stop. Still smoke pot of course.. but thats no worse than cough medicine, and a lot better than cigarettes and alcohol.
4DR_DB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 07:03 PM   #54
wonner
Tri-State Addict

Member #519

My Ride:
'05 Toyota Corolla LE, '08 Pontiac G6 GT

Send a message via AIM to wonner Send a message via MSN to wonner
Quote:
i'll sum my points up:

What about the people that have already dug their holes and are stuck in them? Shouldn't they look at Steve-O with some admiration and respect?