TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic > General Entertainment
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 05-05-2009, 01:57 AM   #21
95st-celica
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #6718

My Ride:
1995 Celica 3S-GTE

awesome show...steve-o is the man...always liked watching him a bunch of years ago just caus how crazy he is...everyone gets a little crazy at times..and when you see someone who gets crazy at another party you expect them to be the same way..he was explaning that situation and how it was almost nesscary for him to be crazy and do stupid things because it was almost expected....when he was talkin about jackass 2 and the release of it i completely understood what he meant when he said that he felt like that was it, nothing could be as big or bigger then the 2nd jackass, and he just wanted "the cameras to keep rolling" and they didn't...that would f me up too probably...but i completely understand where the dude is comming from...he def. gets "props" from me for staying clean as long as he has for such and addiction he had. i would love to sit down and toke with the dude and just shoot the ****. seems like a funny, chill ass person that made millions of dollers being himself and loving every second of it. i might have done the same **** if i knew i would have a couple mill. in the bank when its all said and done and still have my life.

good show...i recomend it
95st-celica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:49 AM   #22
wonner
Tri-State Addict

Member #519

My Ride:
'05 Toyota Corolla LE, '08 Pontiac G6 GT

Send a message via AIM to wonner Send a message via MSN to wonner
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGz Turbo View Post
And like steveo said he just wanted to be in the spot light, i seen all of the TMZ things when they showed up on tv and couldn't believe he was that much of a idiot...like openly smoking a bowl infront of tons of paparazzi is all about attention. plus opening showing weed with the cops straight up looking at you...come on be serious
It was a cry for help. He said, straight up, he wanted to go to jail...or die. He was completely helpless and just wanted to end it.

In fact, I saw a lot of myself in the show. Being drunk and high on numerous drugs for days...just wasting away. A very dangerous form of escapism.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:24 AM   #23
SpEcRv9
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6190

My Ride:
korean supra.

Send a message via AIM to SpEcRv9
Man I knew steve-o was getting bad the last few years, noticed it on the adam carolla show...reaally noticed it on the 24hrs of jackass on mtv, where he literally got kicked out of mtv studios because of how ****ed out of his mind he was...and from there kinda didnt hear about him till a few months ago...this documentary opened my eyes to how much he was actually into and what specifically...and I think the end of this month is his 1yr clean...I'm really happy how much hes turned his life around, considering how deep he was in...hope he can keep it that way, and it would probably be best for him to keep it that way by not being on camera anymore.

Scape, we get it you're obviously a badass for not feeling bad for Steve-O, and you obviously don't understand how different humans cope with different things, because if you did at all you wouldn't be being a dick about the dude getting clean and making a change in his life, that many don't make, won't make, or don't get the chance to take.

Trying to call someone out on an addiction is bold, especially when you have never had a legitmate one.

Last edited by SpEcRv9; 05-05-2009 at 03:27 AM.
SpEcRv9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:34 AM   #24
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpEcRv9 View Post
Scape, we get it you're obviously a badass
thanks!
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:25 AM   #25
96Stang
Tri-State Addict

Member #174

My Ride:
2009 VW Rabbit

Send a message via AIM to 96Stang
Im going to have to agree pretty much with everything that Scapegoat has said.
People like this get "props" for coming clean, etc....but people who have been clean and avoided that mess entirely, get absolutely no recognition.

am i proud of that?? no
would i do it again?? maybe
is this place addicting?? yes
96Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:28 AM   #26
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96Stang View Post
People like this get "props" for coming clean, etc....but people who have been clean and avoided that mess entirely, get absolutely no recognition.
i'm pretty sure that makes you a badass like me then
Old 05-05-2009, 08:31 AM   #27
96Stang
Tri-State Addict

Member #174

My Ride:
2009 VW Rabbit

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapegoat View Post
i'm pretty sure that makes you a badass like me then
I am going to have to agree.

am i proud of that?? no
Old 05-05-2009, 08:49 AM   #28
BlkWhtTSI
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7329

My Ride:
1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD, '701/2 Camaro RS, '85 Mustang GT

Send a message via AIM to BlkWhtTSI
caught some of it, then changed the channel because pass time was on... i love that show

he smoked weed, did nitrous, and coke from what i saw probably missed some
Quote:
Get some signatures in so you can post pics of your car.
BlkWhtTSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:40 AM   #29
alwaysinboost
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1454

My Ride:
04 EVO Wrecked by Oakes Detailing

much props from me for anyone who can get clean and stay clean. Hopefully he can do that last part.
i'm gonna DVR this on Wednesday and check it out...

Jessie James
alwaysinboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:35 AM   #30
fballman1987
Tri-State Addict

Member #2928

My Ride:
2007 WRX STi

Send a message via AIM to fballman1987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Insulin? View Post
The fact that his family had a history of any type of substance abuse has no place here. Knowing that, he should have been smarter and not got involved at all. That's like saying, yeah, Kimmie Gibler is a whore because her mom had six abortions. Although seemingly relevant, it's not.

when you grow up in that type of environment, its what you see its what you know. its hard to break what you know, and what youve been around your whole life.
fballman1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:39 AM   #31
R_Rambo
Tri-State Addict

Member #8452

My Ride:
11' WRX Hatch

That was a good show to watch especially for my little brother, im pretty sure that scared the **** out of him and he'll never think about touching the stuff
R_Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:23 PM   #32
SpEcRv9
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6190

My Ride:
korean supra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96Stang View Post
who cares if other individuals want to give someone props for getting clean? its not your place to tell people otherwise.

funny, even with his drug addiction he has accomplished way more than anyone here that i know...
Old 05-05-2009, 02:32 PM   #33
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpEcRv9 View Post
who cares if other individuals want to give someone props for getting clean? its not your place to tell people otherwise.

funny, even with his drug addiction he has accomplished way more than anyone here that i know...
pot calling the kettle black here... you're telling him he's not allowed to voice an opinion while you voice your own? a discussion devolves into pointlessness once that bull starts getting tossed around. once again.. we're free to speak our minds whether or not it is to agree with your own.

what did he accomplish? becoming a millionaire? yeah... because he acted like a complete moron in front of the camera and has no apparent skills otherwise. he turned himself into a character that needed drugs to the point of excess...

no, i will never be as famous nor will i ever have as much money as him. but the path that led him to that fame and fortune is not one i'm willing to take. If he was able to follow that path and stay off drugs, i'd have more respect for him. but he gave in. that is not something to admire. nor is it someone that is owed respect.

as i've said previously, good for him for getting clean and hopefully for staying clean (a year or so isn't a long time). hopefully he'll be able to enjoy his life and money w/o drug addiction.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:39 PM   #34
87fierogt
Tri-State Addict

Member #1760

My Ride:
82 v8 s10

staying clean (a year or so isn't a long time). hopefully he'll be able to enjoy his life and money w/o drug addiction.[/QUOTE]

actually a year is a long time, the first 90 days its the hardest part but its a day by day thing. most people are scared about how they are gonna fill their time when it was a 24/7 party before but in my eyes it felt like 1000lbs lifted off my chest it felt better then any high
Old 05-05-2009, 02:57 PM   #35
SpEcRv9
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6190

My Ride:
korean supra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapegoat View Post
pot calling the kettle black here... you're telling him he's not allowed to voice an opinion while you voice your own? a discussion devolves into pointlessness once that bull starts getting tossed around. once again.. we're free to speak our minds whether or not it is to agree with your own.
yes I know, but people that stay clean shouldnt be needing the recognition for staying clean...

"hey scape, youve been clean now since birth and haven't changed **** congratulations"

"hey dude you've come a long way since addiction, im glad you've been able to keep it that way and changed your life around"

which one of those sounds ridiculous?

now if you really want that much recognition, we can give it to you, if you really need the attention we can give it to you..

but since you really don't need the attention as much as someone recovering from drugs who needs that reassurance to help him every day for the REST OF HIS LIFE being a recovering addict, who do you honestly think the people are gonna give recognition too? the guy in the struggle, or the guy whose never had one?

It's absolutely selfish for someone who has never experienced addiction first hand to try and diffuse the support for someone who has or was. We all didnt have perfect lives growing up, perfect influences, the perfect mind....because if we did, we would be as selfish as you, because you are clearly infallible to human error.

Last edited by SpEcRv9; 05-05-2009 at 03:00 PM.
SpEcRv9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:16 PM   #36
wonner
Tri-State Addict

Member #519

My Ride:
'05 Toyota Corolla LE, '08 Pontiac G6 GT

Send a message via AIM to wonner Send a message via MSN to wonner
Giving people "props"of recognition is more of the point of encouraging the user to keep up his healthy ways...not to gain approval from anyone else. It's a personal thing, not to glorify them. Letting addicts know that you are proud of them for being clean is for the person's recovering benefit only.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:25 PM   #37
96Stang
Tri-State Addict

Member #174

My Ride:
2009 VW Rabbit

Again...I have to fully agree with Scapegoat.
I do understand that recovering addicts need support and encouragement...I just dont think "props" are the right thing to give them. Just say you hope he keeps on the straight and never stears back into it.
I dont know how you (SpEcRv9) came up with some of the stuff you said, but you also shouldnt make assumptions. I would congratulate someone for staying clean their entire life...even if you dont grow up with it in your house, most people come in contact with the peer pressure of drugs in some way. I know it takes a strong person to recover from drug use like that, but I personally believe it takes alot stronger (and smarter) person to stay away and never come even close to that road. Just my 2 cents. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course.
One thing I would like to know though...what has this guy accomplished in his life besides making money? Name one thing that anyone on here hasnt accomplished that he has...

am i proud of that?? no
Old 05-05-2009, 03:29 PM   #38
95st-celica
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #6718

My Ride:
1995 Celica 3S-GTE

the show wasnt about giving "props" to steve-o for comming clean...christ...just let that die already...ok cool you dont congradulate him for pulling himself off of drugs....but its like the same thing as building a car...if you build a 10second car or faster..MOST enthusists will say..he good job man..i like it..not go..o0 well you did nothing special...like thats just retarted...comming off whippets, coke, weed, having an alcohol history run in the family, huffing, and what ever other **** he was doing inbetween and being able to stay away from it from any amount of time gets my pat on the back and a good job. dont be retarted guys. he even said it himself..."the show is not to make him out to be any better than anyone else"....it was just a documentary to show how f-ed up he was and that now he is clean. so anyway...back on topic...
95st-celica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:34 PM   #39
The Captain
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3369

My Ride:
Prelude

I'm gonna go ahead and assume scape and 96stang never had a loved one who was a drug addict.

- "America is all about speed - hot, nasty bad-ass speed." Eleanor Roosevelt (1965)
The Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:40 PM   #40
96Stang
Tri-State Addict

Member #174

My Ride:
2009 VW Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
I'm gonna go ahead and assume scape and 96stang never had a loved one who was a drug addict.
I would love to know what that has to do with anything. I have never "loved" anyone with a drug addiction but I have known and been pretty close to a few. I know the show wasnt to give props...and thats not what either of us are talking about (at least me). I am talking about how people on here, have made him out to be some great person for the things that he has done in his life, and have yet to give a valid reason for it. I understand how hard it must be and I congratulate him for what he has done in recovery, but dont make him out to be this amazing person that he really isnt.
You guys need to stop hearing what you want to hear and just actually look at what we are both writing.

am i proud of that?? no