TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 03-14-2012, 06:00 PM   #201
Rally Sport
Tri-State Addict

Member #14869

My Ride:
02 Impreza 2.5RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambitiousCK View Post
I'm most likely not getting another fun car till next year, and it most likely won''t be subi. Currently looking at C63 AMG's as my next car.
I can't fault you for that, sir.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Rally Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:54 PM   #202
Rally Sport
Tri-State Addict

Member #14869

My Ride:
02 Impreza 2.5RS

Well, i FINALLY replaced my crunched passenger fender. I was on NASIOC on saturday and saw a listing for an 02 PSM wrx partout in Macungie, aka bumble**** PA. I contacted the seller and went to meet him on Sunday. It actually turned out to be a nice country drive. When i drove up i entered into a subaru graveyard, they were everywhere. I wish i had brought more money because i saw so many things that i wanted. Anyway, i bought my fender and left.

Ignore the untinted marker and the very bad panel lines, the fender and bumper aren't even clipped together. i had to put it on hurriedly and get back to TU. Next time i go home i have to take my bumper off anyway because i dropped my 10mm socket into it so i'll line everything up to my OCD liking.

Before: it's hard to see the dent there but it's not hard to see how badly the bumper and fender lined up. I banged the dent out using a hammer, blowdryer and a block of wood over a year ago with it bothering me the whole time.

At the yard: I didn't take many picture's but there were at least 20 subarus and countless parts everywhere.

Out with the old:

In with the new: (Not fully on)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:16 PM   #203
Shipman
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #20326

My Ride:
06 STi/08 Legacy/10 Forester

Nice, much better

Quote:
Not as dead as TST apparently.
Shipman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:01 PM   #204
Teku18
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4895

My Ride:
2014 WRB BRZ, 1992 SVX

Send a message via AIM to Teku18
Where is said yard at. I want a wrx front conversion for my wagon.
Quote:
yes this is ok with me, obviously but when someone is paying and i plasma their fender open and then duct tape it shut they might get upset while i am laughing.
Teku18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:17 PM   #205
Rally Sport
Tri-State Addict

Member #14869

My Ride:
02 Impreza 2.5RS

they're pmpautogroup on nasioc. In macugie, pa.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:14 AM   #206
Rally Sport
Tri-State Addict

Member #14869

My Ride:
02 Impreza 2.5RS

Welp, one of my rear wheel bearings finally went. It's been making some noise but i was away at school while it stayed at home so i didn't really think about it. Now that i've been driving it a few weeks i realized how bad it is so it's going in to the shop on Thursday. I don't have the necessary tools or time to take it apart and just have them press the new bearing in and they offered a reasonable price so i'm fine with this.

Anyway, what's a thread without some pictures:

Obligatory "I miss summer" shot:

Last edited by Rally Sport; 01-09-2013 at 01:17 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:16 AM   #207
Shipman
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #20326

My Ride:

As always i love your bugeye, sucks about the bearing

Quote:
Old 01-10-2013, 08:39 AM   #208
ambitiousCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #14943

My Ride:
2018 Pacifica Limited, 1995 F150, 2015 Hyundai Accent Sport, 06 Corvette Z06

Ever think about going a little more aggressive in the rim dept?

*CK*
ambitiousCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:58 PM   #209
Rally Sport
Tri-State Addict

Member #14869

My Ride:
02 Impreza 2.5RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambitiousCK View Post
Ever think about going a little more aggressive in the rim dept?
I think I'd definitely need to go lower if i wanted wider wheels. I'm trying to resist sinking more money into the car but i know i'm going to need struts in the near future and it'd be nice to sell the springs and get coils. Some BC's are calling my name.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:09 PM   #210
Ej6Mike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16729

My Ride:
Manwagon

Looks so good!

sure!
Ej6Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:27 PM   #211
Pmpautogroup
Noob-Jersey

Member #25581

Bumble**** is right!

Thanks for the business, and mentioning us! Nice build so far!
Pmpautogroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:58 PM   #212
Rally Sport
Tri-State Addict

Member #14869

My Ride:
02 Impreza 2.5RS

Well, I decided I'm finally going to pull the trigger and get some coilovers. I decided on the Megan's street series. I know they're considered "cheap" but for my purposes they will work great. I don't plan on slamming the car, I was nice gaps and the ability to raise it up in the winter for snow related shenanigans. As long as I keep them clean and well greased they should last me a long time as I drive less than 5k miles a year since I live at Temple and work in the city and my car stays at my parents' house under its cover. Right now I have 11 year old stock struts and Swift springs so this will be a vast improvement.

Old 07-11-2013, 11:05 PM   #213
Shipman
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #20326

My Ride:

Pullin that trigger I see, nice pick up, youll enjoy them

Quote:
Old 07-12-2013, 07:32 PM   #214
Rally Sport
Tri-State Addict

Member #14869

My Ride:
02 Impreza 2.5RS

I just ordered them. I cannot wait for them to get here.

Old 07-12-2013, 09:04 PM   #215
Shipman
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #20326

My Ride:

And I dont think theyre cheap at all, Ive had megans on my car for almost a year and I havent had one issue, not one knock or leak. They also go super low, I have 0 finger gap and Im not maxed out. My buddy and I ordered them at the same time and he hasnt had any issues either, I think youll be very pleased. I cant wait to see them, like Ive said you have my favorite 2.5.

Quote:
Old 07-13-2013, 10:32 AM   #216
Rally Sport
Tri-State Addict

Member #14869

My Ride:
02 Impreza 2.5RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipman View Post
And I dont think theyre cheap at all, Ive had megans on my car for almost a year and I havent had one issue, not one knock or leak. They also go super low, I have 0 finger gap and Im not maxed out. My buddy and I ordered them at the same time and he hasnt had any issues either, I think youll be very pleased. I cant wait to see them, like Ive said you have my favorite 2.5.
I really just say that because the NASIOC crowd is murderous about anything cheaper than BC's, and even then it's a little iffy haha. I'm sure I'll be very happy with them, especially with them being my first set. I've heard good things about them. Also, I really appreciate that man! I have thought about selling it and getting into something faster but at this point I love it way too much.

Last edited by Rally Sport; 07-13-2013 at 10:37 AM.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:45 AM   #217
Rally Sport
Tri-State Addict

Member #14869

My Ride:
02 Impreza 2.5RS

My coils are shipped and they should be here Friday. I am beyond excited.

Old 07-16-2013, 12:06 PM   #218
schaffer
Tri-State Addict

Member #16147

My Ride:
2015 Tacoma.

Spray the bolts down that hold the struts in. Mine weren't to bad to get out. I had my struts done in about 3 hours but I had to take my springs off and put them on the other struts.
schaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:53 PM   #219
Rally Sport
Tri-State Addict

Member #14869

My Ride:
02 Impreza 2.5RS

I plan on spraying them down very well. I had them out when i put my springs in about two years ago so hopefully they won't be too bad. I'm assuming this will be faster than when I swapped my springs but it will take much longer to get them set up to my liking, but that's the fun part!

Old 07-22-2013, 09:38 AM   #220
Rally Sport
Tri-State Addict

Member #14869

My Ride:
02 Impreza 2.5RS

The coils are on! Aside from a very stuck lower strut bolt it went pretty smoothly. I bought all new mounting hardware which was a real pain to find since none of the dealers near me had all of the parts so I had to go to several different places to get everything. Install was painless. I still want to dial them in a little more but I'm very happy with where they are right now. I have them set 10 clicks from the hardest dampening so they are very stiff right now haha. I'm sure I'll get sick of it very fast and I'll soften them up but I'm loving it right now.

I'll add more pictures later after work. As always excuse the iPhone quality photos:

Obligatory scrape picture. I always go up that driveway to take pictures but getting down has become a little treacherous. That lip takes so much abuse and handles it like a champ.

The more I look at these the more I realize I need to get some picture taking pointers hahaha.

Last edited by Rally Sport; 07-22-2013 at 09:44 AM.