TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic > General Entertainment
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-04-2009, 09:05 AM   #1
Fireman
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #11883

My Ride:
02 Mazda Protegay ES

Send a message via AIM to Fireman
Steve-O: Demise and Rise

I caught this documentary last night on MTV about Steve-O and his drug abuse problems and recovery. If you have ever known anyone with major drug addictions it is scary to watch but still very interesting. It shows everything up to his last few months of being sober. I have to give him some respect for the changes he made. Its on again this Wednesday at 8 on MTV. I recommend checking it out.

http://www.mtv.com/ontv/dyn/steve_o/series.jhtml
Old 05-04-2009, 11:39 AM   #2
4DR_DB7
Tri-State Addict
Banned

Member #13599

My Ride:
97 Acura Teg

what drugs was he abusing? I'd only seen him with pot, tho i assumed he did coke too. But anything harder?
4DR_DB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:46 AM   #3
Willdue
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2000

My Ride:
To many VW's

Send a message via AIM to Willdue
pretty much everything. Even whippets. Watch the show. They would go to his house and there would be CASES of whippets on the floor empty
Old 05-04-2009, 12:04 PM   #4
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

good for him for getting off the drugs, i didn't have respect for him prior to his drug abuse... nor after
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:15 PM   #5
OMGz Turbo
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3108

My Ride:
01' WS6..That whistles...01' Explorer 5.slow

Like they said in that show though, drug abuse just goes along with that line of work. Half of the jackass crew was wasted 90% of the time, they just dont put the business out there like that.

And like steveo said he just wanted to be in the spot light, i seen all of the TMZ things when they showed up on tv and couldn't believe he was that much of a idiot...like openly smoking a bowl infront of tons of paparazzi is all about attention. plus opening showing weed with the cops straight up looking at you...come on be serious

NO ONE CARES ABOUT BEING TTT APPROVED
OMGz Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:18 PM   #6
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGz Turbo View Post
Like they said in that show though, drug abuse just goes along with that line of work. Half of the jackass crew was wasted 90% of the time, they just dont put the business out there like that.

And like steveo said he just wanted to be in the spot light, i seen all of the TMZ things when they showed up on tv and couldn't believe he was that much of a idiot...like openly smoking a bowl infront of tons of paparazzi is all about attention. plus opening showing weed with the cops straight up looking at you...come on be serious
exactly why i don't feel one ounce bad for it...

he could have OD'd and i would have shrugged it off.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:25 PM   #7
ImportDPS
Tri-State Addict

Member #3900

My Ride:
2007 Civic Si, 2008 Acura RDX, 1998 Civic Hatch GSR-T, 1993 Civic Hatch K-Series coming

Send a message via AIM to ImportDPS
I knew he was bad, but man he was on drugs in a totally different level. I always thought the interview with Adam Corolla was staged until they aired this show last night. Mad props to him though for getting his life back on track. Lets hope he keeps it that way.
ImportDPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:47 PM   #8
Willdue
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2000

My Ride:
To many VW's

Alot of his major problems came after his mom died FYI
Old 05-04-2009, 12:51 PM   #9
Rush
Tri-State Addict

Member #2869

My Ride:
'05 G35 Coupe 6MT [om-nom]; '00 Protege [DD]; Former MSP Driver [RIP #1276]

I caught some of the show and couldn't believe it. I honestly had no idea that nitrous oxide could eff you up that badly. Not to mention that I don't really understand WHY anyone would want to abuse that -- I was given it once for teeth surgery, I felt like I was completely losing my mind and it scared the hell out of me.

Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 01:22 PM   #10
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willdue View Post
Alot of his major problems came after his mom died FYI
poor excuse. plenty of people around the world lose their parents to inevitable death and don't abuse drugs.

fact of the matter is, he made the decision to do drugs and made the decision to get off them.

this doesn't make him any better, or any more deserving of respect or "props" than anyone else... in fact, i don't think he deserves respect or "props" for getting himself clean.

i just never understood the whole "omg you're so strong" or something of the like when talking about people that cleaned themselves up like they're someone to look up to for doing it.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:59 PM   #11
fballman1987
Tri-State Addict

Member #2928

My Ride:
2007 WRX STi

Send a message via AIM to fballman1987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapegoat View Post
poor excuse. plenty of people around the world lose their parents to inevitable death and don't abuse drugs.

fact of the matter is, he made the decision to do drugs and made the decision to get off them.

this doesn't make him any better, or any more deserving of respect or "props" than anyone else... in fact, i don't think he deserves respect or "props" for getting himself clean.

i just never understood the whole "omg you're so strong" or something of the like when talking about people that cleaned themselves up like they're someone to look up to for doing it.
god forbid there would be a dramatic event in a persons life that causes them to react that way. not everyone can shrug thier mothers death off. people deal differently.
fballman1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:01 PM   #12
Soon2bG60
Tri-State Addict

Member #5437

My Ride:
06 SRR WRX

Send a message via AIM to Soon2bG60
watched it, messed up ****, i bet there wasnt once in those 2 years, minus rehab and hospital time that he wasnt high.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Soon2bG60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:09 PM   #13
4DR_DB7
Tri-State Addict
Banned

Member #13599

My Ride:
97 Acura Teg

I've been high just about everyday for the last 12 years.... just pot though. And I may have missed a day or 2 in there somewhere.

N20 is bad stuff though. Incredibly addictive and the high is pretty cool. Kills thousands of brain cells though. They call it "Hippie Crack" for a reason.
4DR_DB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:14 PM   #14
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballman1987 View Post
god forbid there would be a dramatic event in a persons life that causes them to react that way. not everyone can shrug thier mothers death off. people deal differently.
i never said i'd shrug off my mother's death. but i sure as hell wouldn't fall into a downward spiral of drug abuse. His increased abuse of drugs after his mom died is most definitely due to his then previous history with drug abuse... if he was clean beforehand, he probably would have been after.

All i'm pointing out is that his drug abuse really shouldn't be blamed on the death of his mom... thats placing blame where it is not due.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:39 PM   #15
fballman1987
Tri-State Addict

Member #2928

My Ride:
2007 WRX STi

Send a message via AIM to fballman1987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapegoat View Post
i never said i'd shrug off my mother's death. but i sure as hell wouldn't fall into a downward spiral of drug abuse. His increased abuse of drugs after his mom died is most definitely due to his then previous history with drug abuse... if he was clean beforehand, he probably would have been after.

All i'm pointing out is that his drug abuse really shouldn't be blamed on the death of his mom... thats placing blame where it is not due.

his family had a history of alcoholism. im not saying its right to blam his mothers death on his drug use, but thats how he handled it, not too many people that are that addicted are going to sober up and stay sober(hes been sober for over a year now i think)

Last edited by Got Insulin?; 05-04-2009 at 04:46 PM.
fballman1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:43 PM   #16
99blazer
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #6952

My Ride:
99 blazer

I give him props for making more money than I will ever make in my life.
99blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:46 PM   #17
Got Insulin?
Hard Snarker
Super Moderator

Member #7591

My Ride:
01 Audi TT 225, GVR-4 #72/1000, 91 TSi AWD

Send a message via AIM to Got Insulin?
The fact that his family had a history of any type of substance abuse has no place here. Knowing that, he should have been smarter and not got involved at all. That's like saying, yeah, Kimmie Gibler is a whore because her mom had six abortions. Although seemingly relevant, it's not.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:34 PM   #18
93EGY8
Tri-State Addict

Member #6337

he definatley looked like he was helpless... i never knew he was that bad.. glad to see him recovering
-1982 Chevy Camaro Z-28.. Muncie M22 fine spline, Richmond 4:10's, Flowmaster super 40's, 350 4 bolt, lunati cam, fuelie heads, weiand intake, Barry Grant Demon 750cfm double pumper. +6 on jets ..My one true love lol
-1990 bayliner 21ft 5.0 H.O v8 - the floating party
93EGY8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:44 PM   #19
87fierogt
Tri-State Addict

Member #1760

My Ride:
82 v8 s10

being a former drug addict whose 1 year of being sober was april 15 it is far from easy staying clean when places and things in everyday life remind you of getting high but i know the feeling of being helpless and the day i got arrested was the day that changed my life and sitting in the back seat that day i was happy i got arrested. everyone has their own problems both physiclly and emotionally(i have MAJOR back pain due to teathered cord among other physical problems) and some people deal with it in diffrent ways but i dont want praise for getting sober nor be judged for doing what i have done(thank god it was before i turned 18) this should just be a reminder of what could happen, yes even one time could send you down that road.b
Old 05-05-2009, 12:36 AM   #20
Willdue
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2000

My Ride:
To many VW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballman1987 View Post
his family had a history of alcoholism. im not saying its right to blam his mothers death on his drug use, but thats how he handled it, not too many people that are that addicted are going to sober up and stay sober(hes been sober for over a year now i think)
Yea, if you watch the show, he was upset that his mom cried over his issues for the last 5 years of her life, and he watched her die, and it just got worse and worse.