TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Vendor Marketplace > [TST] Vendors > FAST of West Chester
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-18-2011, 02:03 PM   #1
sry110
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1924

My Ride:
2006 350z, 2012 S4

FAST of West Chester -First Impressions

I also posted this in the PA regional sub-forum:

I feel compelled to write a post based on my positive experience with FAST (Family Automotive Service & Tuning) in West Chester, PA. Last week I posted on the forum here about the ABS light in my STi being on and the ABS therefore being disabled. The local Subaru dealer basically blew me off because there was some aftermarket wiring (headlight wiring, near the ABS module in the engine bay but not electrically connected to it), and even charging me their shop rate they didn't want to be bothered diagnosing the issue.

I got a PM from Dave, the owner / operator of FAST offering his service to help figure out the problem. I had not heard of FAST but figured it was worth a try. Here is the summary of my experience:

Service: Dave offered me a fair price to diagnose the issue. His interest was diagnosing the problem and providing a solution, not "let's just rip everything out and charge you $1300 to replace all the hardware" like the dealership wanted to do. In a cumulative ~3 hours in the shop (2 separate visits only because I had to get to work), he found the problem, came up with a simple fix. ABS is functioning again, and I'm a happy camper.

Dave formerly worked at a Honda dealer as a Master Tech, and his qualification is evident. I don't think I've met anyone in the car business quite as sharp as he is, and I felt 100% confident that my car was in good hands while he was working on it.

Roy is also a super nice guy. He arranged my first appointment there, greeted me by name when I came in, gave me a tour of the entire place before they even touched my car (which I appreciated!) and spent probably 45 minutes of this morning just shooting the sh!t with me about cars and what their breadth of experience and expertise is. I took away from my conversation with him that they are really interested in the work they are doing and take good care of their customers accordingly.

Facility: The icing on the cake is the facility itself. Very nice reception area, clean bathroom, large waiting room with ~50" plasma tv, comfy leather couch and chair, and fully-stocked Keurig machine to boot (nice touch guys!). The shop is nice and clean. No dyno currently, but I think they are hoping to have one within the next year.

I can't say enough good things about this shop. These guys have been in the automotive industry for years but the shop opened in February 2011 (I believe). I 100% recommend FAST. This is a shop we need to support so they can continue providing the level of service that I received today.

Congrats FAST, you're winning.
sry110 is offline   Reply With Quote