TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 08-02-2017, 09:48 AM   #61
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWalt View Post
I'm curious why anybody would be against a catch can? I mean, it creates more points of failure, but a well engineered unit it's probably not a big deal. For those that have done catch cans, are they trapping fluid? The Ford V8s definitely trap fluid but not huge amounts... but they're still PI and not DI (2018 has PI/DI, so still no valve crud issues)
DI, engine comes with one from the factory and warranty denials because of them being mounted.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
/
/
/
DaveSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 12:12 PM   #62
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Send a message via AIM to DocWalt
Makes sense.
DocWalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 07:07 PM   #63
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

I went to Washington DC today to have my ass kicked.

My fastest run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGKDnnlgtzc

My third run (with working OBD2 data): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmsvZ57csNg

Watching the videos at the event is something I should have done, not sure why I started leaving space to that three cone wall going uphill... My first run was fairly tight, I guess I thought I was going to run them over? The big slide in the fourth run cost me ~1 tenth, and the three cone wall thing + the following right hand corner I had a few tenths to find at most... I was 1.9s off of the AS winner's scratch time
Old 08-13-2017, 09:18 PM   #64
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
I went to Washington DC today to have my ass kicked.

My fastest run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGKDnnlgtzc

My third run (with working OBD2 data): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmsvZ57csNg

Watching the videos at the event is something I should have done, not sure why I started leaving space to that three cone wall going uphill... My first run was fairly tight, I guess I thought I was going to run them over? The big slide in the fourth run cost me ~1 tenth, and the three cone wall thing + the following right hand corner I had a few tenths to find at most... I was 1.9s off of the AS winner's scratch time
Well, safe to say you kicked most of DC's ass.

You're able to carry more speed through the turns although the acceleration looks similar. Tires tires tires. The angles you were cutting left some room, was expecting you to go a little wider here and there.

Really great driving today, a 58-59? is no joke out there.

/
/
/
/
/
Old 08-13-2017, 10:07 PM   #65
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSTi View Post
Well, safe to say you kicked most of DC's ass.

You're able to carry more speed through the turns although the acceleration looks similar. Tires tires tires. The angles you were cutting left some room, was expecting you to go a little wider here and there.

Really great driving today, a 58-59? is no joke out there.
Acceleration felt similar, yeah. Mine doesn't have insane bottom end torque and nowhere to really stretch its legs.

Tires will help you a LOT...

I'm not sure my lines were perfect, waiting for other fast RWD guys to post videos I guess. I felt like I was doing most things right. Not perfect for sure, but I don't think I made huge mistakes. Even my big slide didn't cost me much time because I was pulling a ton of lateral G and went WOT instead of a gentle roll onto the power, lol
Old 08-13-2017, 10:20 PM   #66
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Acceleration felt similar, yeah. Mine doesn't have insane bottom end torque and nowhere to really stretch its legs.

Tires will help you a LOT...

I'm not sure my lines were perfect, waiting for other fast RWD guys to post videos I guess. I felt like I was doing most things right. Not perfect for sure, but I don't think I made huge mistakes. Even my big slide didn't cost me much time because I was pulling a ton of lateral G and went WOT instead of a gentle roll onto the power, lol
Oh definitely please don't take it as me thinking you had errors. Who the hell am I to suggest that. Just agreeing with your first post on leaving space.

Unrelated question but how are you getting the YouTube link to have the watch string in it?

/
/
/
/
/
Old 08-14-2017, 08:43 AM   #67
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSTi View Post
Oh definitely please don't take it as me thinking you had errors. Who the hell am I to suggest that. Just agreeing with your first post on leaving space.

Unrelated question but how are you getting the YouTube link to have the watch string in it?
I understood, just saying that I'm sure it wasn't perfect

I open the video and copy the URL from my browser. Most forums can't handle the shortened youtu.be links properly.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:18 PM   #68
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Hmmm... Too bad not Street class legal

http://www.dscsport.com/2017/06/19/i...t-tuned-gt350/
Old 08-20-2017, 10:48 PM   #69
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Hmmm... Too bad not Street class legal

http://www.dscsport.com/2017/06/19/i...t-tuned-gt350/
join me in CAM next season....

http://www.dscsport.com/2017/08/11/t...-game-changer/

/
/
/
/
/
Old 08-22-2017, 08:27 PM   #70
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

noooo thank you
Old 08-24-2017, 07:22 PM   #71
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

I went to NNJR autocross last Saturday, I won AS but only because Mark Daddio was running in "Pro" class. I was 1.7-ish seconds off of his time. I was happy with my time, not a ton of time to find and I was being really aggressive with the throttle again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3ZboUpMVag

I did my Philly region debut on Sunday before leaving quickly for the airport to fly for work. I was 2nd in AS because I coned away the win on this run. I got consistently slower after this run just trying to get a clean run. Oh well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcqPZ8UqCgg

More autocross on Sunday! Then off to Lincoln, Nebraska on Wednesday for SCCA ProSolo Finale & National Championships
Old 08-24-2017, 11:41 PM   #72
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Thanks to Perry @ AutoX4U for the pics

Old 08-25-2017, 11:17 AM   #73
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:
Miata, Miata, Genesis, 08 burb 2500

Quote:
I went to NNJR autocross last Saturday, I won AS but only because Mark Daddio was running in "Pro" class. I was 1.7-ish seconds off of his time. I was happy with my time, not a ton of time to find and I was being really aggressive with the throttle again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3ZboUpMVag

I did my Philly region debut on Sunday before leaving quickly for the airport to fly for work. I was 2nd in AS because I coned away the win on this run. I got consistently slower after this run just trying to get a clean run. Oh well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcqPZ8UqCgg

More autocross on Sunday! Then off to Lincoln, Nebraska on Wednesday for SCCA ProSolo Finale & National Championships
I wouldn't be mad being 1.2sec behind Daddio, especially considering the car itself could be improved and its still pretty new to you. It sounds awesome in the video and looks like a blast.

Good luck in Lincoln.

Miatas! -

MY EVO (Sold)-
PAdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 03:35 PM   #74
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Thanks! I'm not mad about being that far behind Daddio... mad that the Mustang is in the same class? Yes
Old 08-25-2017, 06:35 PM   #75
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Very nice pictures and results! Good luck in Lincoln!

/
/
/
/
/
Old 08-27-2017, 09:41 PM   #76
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Thanks!

One last brush-up before nats The 2nd link was my fastest run (run 5) but Run 4 (first link) was a better drive. Run 5 I was just a little more aggressive in some places so even with a couple of little mistakes I found a tenth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrJNNP8S0x8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rb2GLhsaeQ
Old 09-16-2017, 08:48 PM   #77
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

I won A Street today... and I came really close to winning the entire event too. Stupid cones... I hit 90 mph, wild!

Here's my fastest dirty run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iKV1LgXfYE

and my fastest clean run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOBciEJUGlY
Old 09-18-2017, 02:03 PM   #78
Big_Jim
Dealing with stupidity.
Super Moderator

Member #7592

Congrats man!
Old 09-18-2017, 11:04 PM   #79
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Thanks dude!

I took a grinder to the struts and opened up the upper holes 1mm to get a bit more camber for SCCA A Street legal maximum camber. I didn't measure (I'm being cheap and haven't purchased the bigger wheel fitment adapter for my camber gauge), but I should be somewhere around -2.0 degrees now, I guess...

Checking legality with a little template I whipped up in CAD.

Current tire wear looks decent anyway. Better than my Focus RS was

Old 09-19-2017, 12:29 PM   #80
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:
Miata, Miata, Genesis, 08 burb 2500

Nice Stance Bro!

Looks like pocono was alot of fun. Sad I had to miss it. The PCA had an event there the weekend before that was very fast as well.

Miatas! -

MY EVO (Sold)-
PAdutch is offline   Reply With Quote