TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Tech > Asian > Honda / Acura Talk
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-22-2012, 08:03 PM   #61
PunkboySL2
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7050

My Ride:
Saturns> 94' SW2, 94' SC2

Send a message via AIM to PunkboySL2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcperson2k View Post
I'm confused, you told him to use quality parts and than you said you used a slapped together turbo kit. Slapped together doesn't typically mean quality?
Sorry, I should've clarified better. My manifold/downipe and some of the intercooler piping is kind of shotty, but it all holds together and it working fine, but the kit I put together used a garrett turbo, tial WG and BOV as well as a precision intercooler and all tuned on Megasquirt instead of using ebay parts and something like a piggy back controller with bigger injectors. If I would have someone finish up the intercooler piping and just go to a nice solid log manifold and a better stainless downpipe setup it would be nicer, but it all works even though it doesn't look the best. I didn't fabricate anything, but I put it all together myself on the cheap. Only thing my friends did was build the downpipe and wastegate dump. Just saying if you're going to build a turbo car, make sure you put money where it matters most if you're on a budget. Easy enough to do on a honda since I'm sure you could pick up everything used.
96 Saturn SL2m - built, then wrecked [RIP]
PunkboySL2 is offline   Reply With Quote