TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Networking: requests and offers
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 12-05-2013, 11:13 PM   #1
parish8
Noob-Jersey

Member #26353

anyone feel like checking out a car for me? $$

hi. my name is Jim and i am from nebraska. I am thinking about picking up a well used 2009 ctsv that i think is in your area, johnston RI. if any of you live near there what are the chances of you checking out a car for me?

there are ok pics of it on their web site but i cant tell if there are any dings or how chipped up it is or even if the motor is quiet. it has a lot of miles and is priced appropriately but still quite a bit of money. i do not trust the sales man to give me an honest description. some high res pics of any issues would be nice.

i could paypal someone a few bucks if necessary. if this isn't the best site for a request like this could you tell me where i should be asking? here is the car. thanks.

wont let me post a link until i have 3 posts.
parish8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:46 PM   #2
Shipman
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #20326

My Ride:
06 STi/08 Legacy/10 Forester

You may want to say where the car is? Is it located at a dealer? How can you be sure that someone you dont know will give you an accurate assessment?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
Not as dead as TST apparently.
Shipman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:15 AM   #3
parish8
Noob-Jersey

Member #26353

i tried posting a link to the add but it wont let me. the car is located at 1667 Hartford Ave, Johnston, RI 02919. the dealer is Metro Chrysler Jeep Dodge.

i have a miss trust of nearly all car salesmen. i am taking my chances asking a stranger to look at the car but i feel like if a car guy looks at it there is a good chance i will get a much better description of the car than what the salesmen will give me.

just looking for cosmetic stuff or obvious mechanical issues like a motor tic, bald tires, wheel rash, scratches, dings, chips, seat wear... and if the person went so far as to take the car for a spin any vibration, brake pedal pulsation. anyone here want to take a 556hp car for a quick spin?
Old 12-06-2013, 01:46 AM   #4
Shipman
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #20326

My Ride:
06 STi/08 Legacy/10 Forester

Sounds simple enough and I hope you can find someone to help. I highly doubt you will find any help on this forum because most of us are way to far to make the trip. My suggestion is for you to post this on a more local forum to that area or to a CTSV based forum. Good luck with it anyway.

Quote:
Not as dead as TST apparently.
Shipman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:49 AM   #5
parish8
Noob-Jersey

Member #26353

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipman View Post
Sounds simple enough and I hope you can find someone to help. I highly doubt you will find any help on this forum because most of us are way to far to make the trip. My suggestion is for you to post this on a more local forum to that area or to a CTSV based forum. Good luck with it anyway.
i will try the v site. do you know of a car enthusiast forum in that area? i am not familiar with the area at all and thought this site would get me pretty close.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:34 AM   #6
Big_Jim
Dealing with stupidity.
Super Moderator

Member #7592

We're more PA/NJ/DE focused than that area. I think your best bet would be a site that caters to CTS-V or V series cars. For all you know, it may have been a members car on one of those forums, and you might find a build thread.

A quick google search came up with these forums you may want to try out:
http://www.ctsvowners.com/forum/forum.php
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...es-forum-2009/
http://www.cadillacvnet.com/
Old 12-06-2013, 06:02 PM   #7
parish8
Noob-Jersey

Member #26353

looks like the car sold before i could get it checked out. thanks anyways.
Old 12-27-2013, 06:32 PM   #8
SovXietday
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3403

My Ride:
Civic - CBR - Civic

Send a message via AIM to SovXietday
There are services available that will check out a car for you and send you incredibly detailed pictures as well as a full write up on the good and bad of the car. They're a couple hundred bucks usually, but small price to pay when you're talking tens of thousands.

Quote:
Relax, bud. When the dude with a drag Honda and a boosted daily that has had fast Honda's for years AND fabs his own parts tells the new kids on the block that they're doing it wrong, it's time to step back and learn something.
SovXietday is offline   Reply With Quote