TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-13-2008, 12:08 PM   #21
DriftNasty180sx
Tri-State Addict

Member #2747

My Ride:
180sx- FIVESTARS

Yesi made the phone call andi talked to the RX7guy and told him the the IKEA 215lide meets wasn't going to be a weekl thing...that meet is only a monthy thing.....Now i understand that people want to meet up and all but dont you guys think that meet up at the same location that Will and i hold the meet will sooner or later start attracting some attention??? yes it will ..yes i know that last year we were holding the meet every week but that was only because we didnt tell alot of pople to come but now this meet has grown very big and we have to carful that they don't get out of hand........WE all know what goes down at the meet but i will say this i have now problem shutting the whole thing down and i will stop the drifter from come to the meet i know all of them heck i look for them so they csn put on the show that you guys love so much...this meet 2 years ago was very undergound and only a few people new but we thought that this year we might be ableto let that rest ofthe public know what we do ....I havn't had a problem with the cops yet andif there was a problem i would be the one that would be talking to the cops explains what isgoing on...i doubt anyone would step up for that......i know about last night and what went on.......if this **** gets out of control this i will leave this meet of to you guys....but trust me if WILL AND I don't hold the meets then they will never be repectable.....FACT!
Old 04-13-2008, 12:55 PM   #22
Turborico1979
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #7442

My Ride:
06 Fairlady Z

Send a message via AIM to Turborico1979 Send a message via MSN to Turborico1979
The last thing we want is for people not to have a good safe time. (obviously) But what is the problem with a weekly meet if we all move out to the other "places" in a timely and orderly fashion. Hell we had cops and firefighters (off-duty) with us. Police scanners, etc. Trust me the last thing I think any of us want is a little involvement from Johnny Law. But on that note lets work together and play it smart last night we had honestly under 20 cars with us that's a reasonable number I think small enough to control but large enough to have fun. We just wanna keep things on the move always looking for new spots etc. Trust the cops have more important things to worry about.... you know with the guns, drugs, and all the other things that make Philly the city of brotherly love. So lets just show the proper amount of respect for the MAN. Play Smart and more importantly Safe. Most of my crew is older and has been in this scene for 10 plus years.(I know getting old sux) So instead of puttin people down and asuming the worst lets shake hands and slide together. Cause that's what we all want to HAVE FUN!!!

and be safe
Turborico1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 01:00 PM   #23
Turborico1979
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #7442

My Ride:
06 Fairlady Z

1 more thang

and on that note I've been on this site for less than two weeks have been to a few "hang outs". I've been so pleased by the maturity and organization of this site that my car will be rockng the tristatetuners.com license brakets. Because I'm proud to be a tuner and aprt of this comunity. and I encourage everyone to atleast do that wear out site with PRIDE.
Old 04-13-2008, 01:03 PM   #24
08SubieWrx
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #7435

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turborico1979 View Post
The last thing we want is for people not to have a good safe time. (obviously) But what is the problem with a weekly meet if we all move out to the other "places" in a timely and orderly fashion. Hell we had cops and firefighters (off-duty) with us. Police scanners, etc. Trust me the last thing I think any of us want is a little involvement from Johnny Law. But on that note lets work together and play it smart last night we had honestly under 20 cars with us that's a reasonable number I think small enough to control but large enough to have fun. We just wanna keep things on the move always looking for new spots etc. Trust the cops have more important things to worry about.... you know with the guns, drugs, and all the other things that make Philly the city of brotherly love. So lets just show the proper amount of respect for the MAN. Play Smart and more importantly Safe. Most of my crew is older and has been in this scene for 10 plus years.(I know getting old sux) So instead of puttin people down and asuming the worst lets shake hands and slide together. Cause that's what we all want to HAVE FUN!!!

and be safe

+1

Well said... As long as everyone is being smart and having a good time, I think it's a positive experience for all. If we keep it moving, I dont think run-in's with the law will be much of a concern..

MT.Net build thread --->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
08SubieWrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 03:16 PM   #25
jdmwill
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5436

My Ride:
daily s13 slammed drifty ready, drift car ae86 sr20 powered...20" mongoose for fun

eventually reese and i will start pming several members to help out with the meet. just keep an eye for the pm box. and like i stated before we want this to last for quite awhile. with the help of several tst brothers and sister we could definitely make this work

08subiewrx were's the vids bro me wanna see.

dsmtuner4g63 hopefuly you'll come out to the next one,trust me you'll love it.

lude98sh offer still stands "superjdmtightikeastaffshirt".
Old 04-13-2008, 03:22 PM   #26
08SubieWrx
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #7435

Heres a link to Jeff's rx7 just havin some fun... im workin on gettin one or 2 more vids uploaded... my computers pretty slow haha

All the video's I have were recorded on a digital camera, so sorry for the not so good quality... We're also workin on gettin the videos edited.... gettin them lightened up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zRJ77ZpLYE

Heres another of a 240 driftin around the lot..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MLufrEiWJ0

MT.Net build thread --->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by 08SubieWrx; 04-13-2008 at 03:33 PM.
Old 04-13-2008, 03:33 PM   #27
jdmwill
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5436

My Ride:
daily s13 slammed drifty ready, drift car ae86 sr20 powered...20" mongoose for fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SubieWrx View Post
Heres a link to Jeff's rx7 just havin some fun... im workin on gettin one or 2 more vids uploaded... my computers pretty slow haha

All the video's I have were recorded on a digital camera, so sorry for the not so good quality... We're also workin on gettin the videos edited.... gettin them lightened up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zRJ77ZpLYE
wow that fd gotz some power... hmmmmmmmmmmm something comes to mind for the next meet......hopefuly he will have a unbore camera for the next meet.hee hee
Old 04-13-2008, 03:41 PM   #28
08SubieWrx
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #7435

I Added a 2nd video of a 240 that showed up ^^^

Next is a vid of a STI.... Yeahhhh actually it was pretty insane to watch an AWD STI drivin like he stole it... haha this kid was nuts, i've never seen anyone beat on an STI as hard as this kid (in person anyways)... I'll update when that ones all loaded up though

MT.Net build thread --->

Last edited by 08SubieWrx; 04-13-2008 at 03:52 PM.
Old 04-13-2008, 03:53 PM   #29
lude98SH
Tri-State Addict

Member #1684

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmwill View Post
eventually reese and i will start pming several members to help out with the meet. just keep an eye for the pm box. and like i stated before we want this to last for quite awhile. with the help of several tst brothers and sister we could definitely make this work

08subiewrx were's the vids bro me wanna see.

dsmtuner4g63 hopefuly you'll come out to the next one,trust me you'll love it.

lude98sh offer still stands "superjdmtightikeastaffshirt".
lol sounds good man.

That was a stand up thing to say.
lude98SH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 04:27 PM   #30
08SubieWrx
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #7435

Ok Finally got them all loaded.... I have more but these 3 are the longest and most worthy of being shown..

Rx7 fd - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zRJ77ZpLYE

240 w/ stock KA - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MLufrEiWJ0

STI Awd Dounuts - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHSllu9tkMc

MT.Net build thread --->
Old 04-13-2008, 04:35 PM   #31
Turborico1979
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #7442

My Ride:
06 Fairlady Z

Me and My sweet STOCK 06 Fairlady Z

Hey if everyone's callin thier cars silvia's mine's a Fairlady then (i got the badge) . My first night behind the wheel of my newest toy and where's my video? HUH ? what's up wit dat Brian! A little advice from some experience tnt bro's and I'll get loose properly. Let's firmly say the 26th we'll find a spot and meet up any where in philly. Let's figure in the area somewhere between Tony Luke's and Ikea. Then we'll roll out to hopefully some new Location's (get to work, let's find area's less than 20 min from that area) or even an old fav. We'll determine exact location and time closer to that Date. just a social gathering of clicks to finally "offically say hi" in person and talk on future adventures.
Old 04-13-2008, 04:47 PM   #32
08SubieWrx
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #7435

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turborico1979 View Post
Hey if everyone's callin thier cars silvia's mine's a Fairlady then (i got the badge) . My first night behind the wheel of my newest toy and where's my video? HUH ? what's up wit dat Brian! A little advice from some experience tnt bro's and I'll get loose properly. Let's firmly say the 26th we'll find a spot and meet up any where in philly. Let's figure in the area somewhere between Tony Luke's and Ikea. Then we'll roll out to hopefully some new Location's (get to work, let's find area's less than 20 min from that area) or even an old fav. We'll determine exact location and time closer to that Date. just a social gathering of clicks to finally "offically say hi" in person and talk on future adventures.
Haha I tried to e-mail it to ya, but apparently it's too large of a file. I can upload it on youtube, but honestly, it's not the best video. You spun out within the first 6 seconds and then drove towards me. Then you took a lap around and got a little sideways but then that was it. I think im gonna bring a real camera next week and get some real footage where I can actually zoom in. I'm gonna upload your vid though so you can see it ill send you the link when its up.

MT.Net build thread --->
Old 04-13-2008, 04:58 PM   #33
Turborico1979
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #7442

My Ride:
06 Fairlady Z

so all my mistakes and none of my triumphs. Story of my life.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:07 PM   #34
08SubieWrx
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #7435

Yeah sorry man, uploading in progress right now. Next week ill have the camcorder and i'll have it on for every run.... although I really dont know how to get the video from the camcorder onto the computer... thats why I usually just use my digital haha... I'll have to get someone to help me load the videos so they can be posted.

MT.Net build thread --->
Old 04-13-2008, 05:39 PM   #35
dsmtuner4g63
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #2860

My Ride:
1988 ford ranger LIFTED,95 talon

Send a message via AIM to dsmtuner4g63
i wasnt trying to be a dick it was just a place that all of us knew i think we were there for a total of 20 minutes
Old 04-13-2008, 05:45 PM   #36
08SubieWrx
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #7435

I was there less than 10 mins and then we went to another spot.... who said u were being a dick?

MT.Net build thread --->
Old 04-13-2008, 06:04 PM   #37
jissenkenbu
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #4653

My Ride:
1990 240SX KA-T

My bad will no disrespect or nothin. Ikea is just so easy to find compared to other places. Its almost right off the bridge so most people can find it even not from the area. We wouldnt wanna ruin one of your meets, the last one was so awesome you got ross, jeff, jon, brian, me, matt, and so many others hyped up. It actually rekindled my love for car meets.

honestly, we just want somethin to do late night saturdays. Most of the DJC (thanx ross) half off every sunday and that really the only day we have off. God i miss the SJC Kmart meets on saturday...

ross is right though we did promptly leave Ikea about 10 maybe 15 minutes after we all met up.
jissenkenbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 01:28 AM   #38
DriftNasty180sx
Tri-State Addict

Member #2747

My Ride:
180sx- FIVESTARS

glad to hear that everyone know the deal with the IKEA meet now...Me and Will just wanted this to run smooth and i applaud your efforts......the only i have to say about the Videos that i saw was try to wait until the light go out because it gets you guys better cover...i know its dark but its simply less attention that is one you guys...That way i post the Flyer for MIDNIGHT....other then that sick vids...who was driving the 240sx?
Old 04-14-2008, 02:45 PM   #39
OutlawzPrez
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5364

My Ride:
1991 Silvia

I don't think its a good idea for people to meet there when its not anounced by Will or the others that hold those greeaaatt meets, just for the fact that he's gotta good thing going for these meets & I wouldn't wanna see it get ruined by people meeting there every week & getting the spot blown up & the PD kickin everyone out. No offense to anyone that went, & theres nothing wrong with that but then the ricers will hear about it & show up too lol... I just don't wanna see a good spot F***ed up.

THREAD NOT NEEDED!

Last edited by OutlawzPrez; 04-14-2008 at 02:48 PM.
OutlawzPrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 03:39 PM   #40
stidrifting
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #7508

My Ride:
2007 subaru wrx sit, 95 240sx and 1997 Nissan skyline gtst

Send a message via AIM to stidrifting
yes i blew up my subaru but it was all worth it
stidrifting is offline   Reply With Quote