TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-18-2012, 12:33 PM   #881
guitar72186
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #2660

My Ride:
2005 Legact GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerousatom View Post
Correct.....

The Insurance Policy only covers thing like:
-Someone ran over a persons foot while doing a non sanctioned burnout
-Trip and Fall
-Someone was cut on a vehicle while at the show
.....basically event related incidents that happened on the premises

It could also have to cover the kids who drove drunk home and kill somebody because no one told them alcohol was prohobited at the event. It is the event holders responsibility to clearly set forth the rules and enforce them.
guitar72186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:38 PM   #882
Chefsp0t
Tri-State Addict

Member #6927

My Ride:
A few Mazdas

The person who hosted the event did not supply alcohol, your argument is invalid. If anyone has alcohol there they brought it themselves and the event staff had nothing to do with it. A bar is different because they serve alcohol and they are supposed to make the decision to cut someone off or not let them drive home if they have too much to drink.

If the park becomes the property of the person who rented it they would be able to allow whatever they want to happen on the premises since it's technically private property then. Also, there wouldn't be officers on location if it was private property because there would have to be a complaining phone call or a report of a disturbance for them to enter private property.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
<-- Click for details
Chefsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:50 PM   #883
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar72186 View Post
when it gets rented for an event it becomes the renters for the day to do with as he/she sees fit.
no, it doesn't.
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:52 PM   #884
guitar72186
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #2660

My Ride:
2005 Legact GT

They allowed the alcohol to be present without posting rules and regulations. It’s the same as when a kid leaves a friend’s house after drinking and crashes, the person who rents/owns/occupies the houses responsibility whether they supply the alcohol or not, it was consumed there.

About the cops, they could have been invited or had warrant to enter the premise. I am not a cop so I won't comment on that, I am however an insurance agent who knows what underwriting guidelines must be followed, what coverage’s are required, and liability claims can be filed. There were no rules posted saying no alcohol, the park was rented making it private property and therefore responsible for what happens on the premise and to a certain extend what happens when people leave the premise. It is my job to know what has to be done at an event to allow event insurance to be written.

I am only pointing out the flaws that can be corrected for the next event, debate it all you want. I do not agree with how things work with the legal and insurance system, but we live in a very sue happy country and I know what must be done to avoid legal action and liability claims at events.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:53 PM   #885
guitar72186
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #2660

My Ride:
2005 Legact GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapegoat View Post
no, it doesn't.
Let me rephrase then, it becomes the renters for the day to perform the terms set in the agreement.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:57 PM   #886
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

Quote:
They allowed the alcohol to be present without posting rules and regulations.
no, they didn't. all rules and regulations of the park still exist and are still in effect. to think otherwise is absurd.

omission is not permission.

Quote:
Let me rephrase then, it becomes the renters for the day to perform the terms set in the agreement.
completely different from doing what they please. if drinking alcohol is not expressly permitted by the terms of the agreement, then it is not permissible based on park rules/regulations that everyone is subjected to in order to even step foot within the park.

now, i'm not saying don't bring a road soda, or whatever... just don't be a flaming moron about drinking by carrying cases (of crap beer)
Old 05-18-2012, 12:59 PM   #887
guitar72186
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #2660

My Ride:
2005 Legact GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapegoat View Post
no, they didn't. all rules and regulations of the park still exist and are still in effect. to think otherwise is absurd.

omission is not permission.
Who said so. You? I sure did not hear it from anyone hosting the event or see it posted anywhere the event was held?

I am agreeing common send should be used, but common sense is not a good defense.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:00 PM   #888
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

Quote:
Who said so. You? I sure did not hear it from anyone hosting the event or see it posted anywhere the event was held?
what are you going on about now? who said what? that drinking wasn't allowed?

if that's what you're asking... it's the law. alcohol is prohibited in state parks

http://www.pa.reserveworld.com/PA_rulesregs.pdf

11.209 b:2

you can stop arguing now. it's against state law. omission of it from the meet rules does not make it ok.

Last edited by Scapegoat; 05-18-2012 at 01:10 PM.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:00 PM   #889
Chefsp0t
Tri-State Addict

Member #6927

My Ride:
A few Mazdas

Quote:
They allowed the alcohol to be present without posting rules and regulations. It’s the same as when a kid leaves a friend’s house after drinking and crashes, the person who rents/owns/occupies the houses responsibility whether they supply the alcohol or not, it was consumed there.
The "friends" own their property when things like this happen. The event hosts don't own the park. Not even for the day. They rent space. Like a monthly storage unit. You don't own it and they reserve the right to throw your **** out on the curb if you don't follow their rules. The park has its own set of rules which are in turn passed down to anyone who enters the park.

http://www.warminstertownship.org/recreation/ord321.htm

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
<-- Click for details
Old 05-18-2012, 01:13 PM   #890
guitar72186
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #2660

My Ride:
2005 Legact GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefsp0t View Post
The "friends" own their property when things like this happen. The event hosts don't own the park. Not even for the day. They rent space. Like a monthly storage unit. You don't own it and they reserve the right to throw your **** out on the curb if you don't follow their rules. The park has its own set of rules which are in turn passed down to anyone who enters the park.

http://www.warminstertownship.org/recreation/ord321.htm
Quote from your link:

"the distribution, selling, servicing or renting of any commodity, and soliciting for any purpose is prohibited on park grounds."

O no we sold things....
These rules apply when the park is not being rented for an event.

Dig a little further on the site for the required forms that you have to fill out for event rentals. It states alcohol is prohibted, insurance is required, and that the host is responsible for the event and any damages dealing with the event. The park also has to be listed as additional insured because the renter is assuming responsibility leaving warrington free and clear of damages caused before, during, or after.

These rules should have been posted by the coordinator.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:41 PM   #891
ketchup!
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #656

My Ride:
Speedooo's Sister

ketchup! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:49 PM   #892
Chefsp0t
Tri-State Addict

Member #6927

My Ride:
A few Mazdas

Since when does insurance agent = lawyer? What you say makes no sense in the situation of hosting a car meet at a public park. Do you know what the event organizers agreed to do in cooperation with the local PD and township? They usually handle all those things when they are organizing the event. I am sure the staff did everything they had to do and thankfully they didn't give any business to people in your profession by causing any accidents or damage to the park.

<-- Click for details
Old 05-18-2012, 03:09 PM   #893
guitar72186
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #2660

My Ride:
2005 Legact GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefsp0t View Post
Since when does insurance agent = lawyer? What you say makes no sense in the situation of hosting a car meet at a public park. Do you know what the event organizers agreed to do in cooperation with the local PD and township? They usually handle all those things when they are organizing the event. I am sure the staff did everything they had to do and thankfully they didn't give any business to people in your profession by causing any accidents or damage to the park.
What is your profession that makes you credible on how insurance underwriting works? People in my profession? That statement shows you know NOTHING on how insurance and the claims process works. We DON'T want claims processed because the insurance company looses money.

The renter of the space did not post all the rules, they are liable to do so and responsible for those that come to the event.

Thanks for the link to the state park site, to bad warrington is not a state park.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:19 PM   #894
Chefsp0t
Tri-State Addict

Member #6927

My Ride:
A few Mazdas

<-- Click for details
Old 05-18-2012, 03:41 PM   #895
millerb
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #15981

My Ride:
93 Accord EX 99 323i

I think a lot of the traffice issue was there seemed to be a red light every 2-3 blocks in the town with no turning arrows for the turning lanes. Combine that with 1500 cars i think 30 min to get in is actually pretty good. The biggest gripe i had were all the ruckus' and electric scooters! Please ban them next year!!!
millerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:37 PM   #896
JeremyPA
Tri-State Addict

Member #16415

My Ride:
Cayanne Red MY04

i agree the scooters were really annoying
JeremyPA is offline   Reply With Quote