TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > General Car Related Chat
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-28-2010, 08:26 AM   #41
HickRocket1258
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #415

Send a message via AIM to HickRocket1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASIAN JUL View Post
As lame as I think street racing is, I think there are more important things to worry about in Philadelphia...
Julz, as much as I agree with you, you also have to think about the innocent people that get killed with it all as well. You want to stop innocent lives from being lost because of these decisions by people.

By the way, the street scene in Texas and Oklahoma is nice.

Just a mustang that's lowered.....that's about it.

Work harder....Millions on welfare depend on you!

Last edited by HickRocket1258; 05-28-2010 at 08:28 AM.
HickRocket1258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:45 AM   #42
Maxxdsix
Tri-State Addict

Member #14903

My Ride:
Drives on the wrong side ;) Bye RSX w/pink wheels....RIP-2003 Mazda 6S

they said 135 national deaths from street racing yearly...alot more deaths can be prevented by stoping all the shootings or something else.

Just sayin
i love how all you guys actually care about the opinion of a girl when it comes to your car. if the bitch is complaining about it, rev it up and shift hard, throw her back in her seat. if she persists, just drive faster till shes scared. she'll respect it once shes afraid of it
Quote:
Driving a nice honda around is like parading a hot chick in a prison yard.
Maxxdsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:46 AM   #43
Maxxdsix
Tri-State Addict

Member #14903

My Ride:

not that any death is less important than another at all.
i love how all you guys actually care about the opinion of a girl when it comes to your car. if the bitch is complaining about it, rev it up and shift hard, throw her back in her seat. if she persists, just drive faster till shes scared. she'll respect it once shes afraid of it
Quote:
Old 05-28-2010, 10:54 AM   #44
superskaterxes
Tri-State Addict

Member #10675

My Ride:
2006 Mazdaspeed 6

Send a message via AIM to superskaterxes
Quote:
Originally Posted by max2k1 View Post
They show all the dumb kids with ghetto rigged Honda's. Im not hatin Honda guys, just stating facts here.
epic quote hahahaha
GT3076R BITCHES ~ TXS BOV ~ 3" MAF SRI ~ AP PROtune'd ~ MBC ~ Custom FMIC w/Treadstone TR8 Core ~ CPE DP ~ DNP Mani w/Tial 38mm MV-S EWG VTA'd~ CPE BT TIP ~ TWM SS ~ CPE RMM ~ TTFMM ~ CPE RDM ~ BC CO's slammed ~ SPC BJ's ~ EBC Red's ~ Stoptech's ~ Technafit SS Lines ~ Autometer Boost & STRI EGT ~ 20% Tint ~ LED Tails ~ Denso ITV-24's ~ CPE Dual CBE ~ Whiteline RSB ~ PnP'd IM ~ CDFP Internals ~ labonte meth kit ~ VC tapped OCC
superskaterxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 11:53 AM   #45
Maxxdsix
Tri-State Addict

Member #14903

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by superskaterxes View Post
epic quote hahahaha
...lol
Quote:
Old 05-28-2010, 11:57 AM   #46
PAFirefighter11
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2302

My Ride:
98 Trans Am WS7 | 01 Trans AM WS6 | 03 VW Golf TDI | 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (ZJ)

Send a message via AIM to PAFirefighter11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxdsix View Post
exactly, they must not realize that we spend crazy amounts of money when we're there.

Like the amount of cigs, and food that people buy when we're there is crazy.

15-30 people buying food in exchange for like 10 parking spots that are unused and out of the way seems like a pretty good ****in deal to me.

We're friends with alot of the people that work there, but when we see certain people come out and start looking around we just all get in our cars and go to wendys next door...and then we all buy wendys food, so nobody can tell us we're loitering..etc because we are eating their food, and they put picnic tables outside for their food to be eaten at.

We bring them money, they kick us out.

make sence? no, do they still do it? yes.
I've seen Wawa's with picnic tables outside (Route 202 near 73 in North Wales). I think this Wawa needs that as well. We should complain to the managers, or corporate. I've seen on my firearms forums that sending letters to the right people CAN and often does help change peoples opinions. It's not a guarantee by any means, but if you get enough people complaining about being mistreated while legitimately buying foods and drinks, I think they'd respond.

Matter of fact, I am going to do that momentarily. Do we know if the complaints are coming from Wawa manager's? Or just the police saying they're receiving complaints?
Nikon D2x | Canon AE-1 | SB600 | Nikkor Lenses: 28-105 3.5-4.5 | 50 1.8 | 70-300 4.5-5.6 VR | Tamron 17-50 2.8 | Dakine Sequence | Bogen/Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod | 3231 Monopod | 486RC2 head | AlienBees B1600 | etc.
FDNY 9/11/01 - We will never forget our fallen brothers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane
wow some of you jeep guys party hard
PAFirefighter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 12:11 PM   #47
Maxxdsix
Tri-State Addict

Member #14903

My Ride:

nha cops dont come to cause problems usualy, so its just the managers. they just dirve by to make sure nothing bad is goin on.

The cops know we dont do stupid **** there, so they wait down the street for the stupid ricers who see a group of nice cars chillin together, pull into wawa, drive around the parkinglot, netural drop and rev the engine, and then floor it pulling out. and then the cops get um lol.

They actualy posted up 15min parking only for WAWA customers signs in the area that we chill at, i think its kinda funny and actualy want one of those signs for my wall...
Quote:
Old 05-28-2010, 12:35 PM   #48
PAFirefighter11
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2302

My Ride:
98 Trans Am WS7 | 01 Trans AM WS6 | 03 VW Golf TDI | 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (ZJ)

I'll shoot an e-mail to corporate now. I suggest everyone else who chills there AND buys product from Wawa, to please do the same. Be nice. Make sure to mention Wawa Store #278

http://www.wawa.com/WawaWeb/Contact.aspx
Nikon D2x | Canon AE-1 | SB600 | Nikkor Lenses: 28-105 3.5-4.5 | 50 1.8 | 70-300 4.5-5.6 VR | Tamron 17-50 2.8 | Dakine Sequence | Bogen/Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod | 3231 Monopod | 486RC2 head | AlienBees B1600 | etc.
Quote:
Old 05-28-2010, 12:37 PM   #49
Maxxdsix
Tri-State Addict

Member #14903

My Ride:

ive gotta find out what my store number is.

Il say i chill at urs and mine.
Quote:
Old 05-28-2010, 12:55 PM   #50
PAFirefighter11
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2302

My Ride:

Since I am at work I kind of rambled through mine real quick:

Quote:
To whom it may concern,

It seems lately my friends and I, as well as complete strangers have been having some issues at one of your Wawa stores. I'm hoping this letter can help to resolve the issue. I've been a Wawa customer since as far back as I can remember. One of the best parts of living in this area of the US is having a Wawa (usually several) nearby. I know that no matter what time of the day or night it is, I can head to a local Wawa location for my food or beverage needs.

I moved to the West Chester, PA area approx 4 years ago. I've frequented the Wawa Store # 278, between Gay and Market Street's in the borough of West Chester. Often times I will get together with my friends and we will go to this store later at night, both during the week and weekends. Every time we hang out, we park our vehicles & motorcycles to the side of the store in the "additional parking" area. We head inside, grab food, drinks, cigarettes for those who smoke, and then head back outside to eat. The longer we hang out, the more we end up purchasing. We don't cause problems, we don't create any hazards, though I have seen some customers randomly cause an issue now and then. Often times while sitting outside and enjoying our purchases, we have had Law Enforcement Officers come up to us and state that the store manager has complained to them that we're not allowed to be there. This has caused us to avoid the store and purchase items elsewhere, at non-Wawa locations where we are able to hang out - such as the Wendy's next door.

So myself, and my friends alike, are curious as to what your team at Corporate has to say in response to this. We'd love to be able to continue to spend our money at your Wawa stores in the area, but this has left a sour taste in our mouths. Thank you very much & have a great weekend.
Quote:
Old 05-28-2010, 01:01 PM   #51
JeremyPA
Tri-State Addict

Member #16415

My Ride:
Cayanne Red MY04

in to hear a response
JeremyPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 02:23 PM   #52
max2k1
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #393

My Ride:
Wheelchair

Send a message via AIM to max2k1
Too bad you guys live out in WC and not closer to Ltown. One of our memebers here just got hired as a manager of a WaWa here that has a large parking lot.

As for the comments about philly cops and residents and New York cops and residents, theres a bit of a difference in population there

Philly has about 1.5 million people. NYC has around 8.5 million. Just a slight difference

I have one theory I have about cops harassing meets spots. Generally isn't isnt the local people that cause problems at any meets. Its when you get the inner city ghetto racer, again not hating, just stating a theory, thats when stuff goes downhill. They usually have the attitude of acting like a hardass "f**k cops they dont scare me. I can do what I want and so on" Then after they start causing fights, doing burnouts, driving reckless and so on. So now it seems that cops want to avoid that trouble before it even happens. so thats why they break up meets.

If some of my typing dont make sense I appologize. I just took my pain meds so Im little messed up at the moment

The Story Behind My Avatar
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
They show all the dumb kids with ghetto rigged Honda's. Im not hatin Honda guys, just stating facts here.
max2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 02:24 PM   #53
max2k1
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #393

My Ride:
Wheelchair

Also I would like to thank everyone that enjoyed and commented on my first post. It seems to be getting good reviews in both threads lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
Old 05-28-2010, 02:42 PM   #54
PAFirefighter11
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2302

My Ride:

From Wawa:
Quote:
Dear Rick,

Thank you for the taking the time to contact Wawa Customer Relations with your concern about parking for extended periods of time. Wawa cares about our customers and in order for us to be able to serve our customer quickly and conveniently, we do have Parking regulations that we must enforce! Vehicles parked on Wawa property are not authorized to stay there for extended periods of time, without authorization from the store management. If a vehicle is on the property, the vehicle is subject to be towed, as our signs posted on our
property states.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may be for you. Wawa strives to provide fast and efficient service to all of our customers. We hope that this does not hinder you from patronizing our stores. If we can be of further assistance, please do feel free to contact us again.

Sincerely,

Sarah V.

Reply from me TO Wawa:
Quote:
Hey Sarah,

Thank you very much for the reply. When the vehicles are parked on the Wawa property, we are actively sitting in or on the vehicles while consuming Wawa products. If we are not near the vehicles, we are inside the Wawa store purchasing Wawa products. Does this have any bearing on the parking regulations?

Best regards,
Quote:

Last edited by PAFirefighter11; 05-28-2010 at 02:49 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:47 PM   #55
Chris B.
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #14208

My Ride:
is Sonic Blue

I wouldn't be surprised if the policy is due to their corporate attorneys saying Wawa faces less liability risk the less time a person is in one of their parking lots.
Chris B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 03:57 PM   #56
PAFirefighter11
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2302

My Ride:

Eh.. I guess we need to make friends with managers there. Who wants to get a job at this Wawa as a manager? lol...

Quote:
Rick,

The store only allows 15 minute parking for Wawa customers, I understand the inconvenience this may cause and I do apologize. Wawa has the regulations in place for the convenience of all of our customers! Again Thank you for taking the time to contact Wawa Customer Relations if there is anything that we can do; please feels free to contact us again!

Sarah

So we can go there, get our grub, eat, then drive to the other side of the lot. Park. Rinse, wash, repeat.
Quote:
Old 05-28-2010, 04:33 PM   #57
Maxxdsix
Tri-State Addict

Member #14903

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAFirefighter11 View Post
Eh.. I guess we need to make friends with managers there. Who wants to get a job at this Wawa as a manager? lol...

So we can go there, get our grub, eat, then drive to the other side of the lot. Park. Rinse, wash, repeat.
lol, assholes.

We'll still hang out there, and then when we get kicked out, we'll go spend our money at wendys next door :D
Quote:
Old 05-28-2010, 10:26 PM   #58
SpEcRv9
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6190

My Ride:
korean supra.

Send a message via AIM to SpEcRv9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrimerSuspect View Post
you got 6 million people vs 6500 cops. id say theyre doing a pretty good job at keeping it safe.
6 million? what Philadelphia do you live in?....Philadelphia PA has more like 2 million.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:51 PM   #59
99SL2_Modder
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #264

My Ride:
2009 Saturn Aura XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott18t View Post
what they need to focus on are the ****ing streets in philly... holy **** pot holes that go across the whole road...
Find me some. When GM starts smacking Philly around with their warranty receipts for having to replace my rims and tires for road hazards, ($5/mo for 5 years, no mileage limit. w00t!. 1 rim.tire at the stealer runs about 800-900 bucks for my car. Overpriced!), they might do something, haha.
I highly encourage you to be pedophiles in the privacy of your own home, and to cross your fingers you never have your house raided by the FBI who will put you in jail for 30 years where you will be treated like one of the preteen little girls who you used to adore so much.
99SL2_Modder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 03:02 AM   #60
max2k1
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #393

My Ride:
Wheelchair

like I posted before, theres about 1.5 million people in Philly nowhere near 6 mil. And it was said there is 6500 cops. So the cop to resident ratio isnt that bad
Roughly 1 cop for every 230 people
Now if we had that outlandish number of 6 million people it would be 1 cop to every 920 or so people. Which would make things a lot different

Quote: