TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Vendor Marketplace > [TST] Vendors > (Past Vendors)
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-23-2011, 11:37 AM   #1
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor

Member #3958

My Ride:
the one in the back of the shop

575hp 537TQ Greddy TT 20g G35

Yesterday we finished the second round of tuning on one of our customers G35's. First attempt the clutch didn't even try to handle the power the Greddy TT G35 could make. We installed an OS giken twin disc and he broke it in for a 1000 miles and came back. Here were the results...

4th gear 16 lbs and 18lbs with the 18lb tapering to 16lb closer to redline

This is pretty much the max I would run the single walbro set up. Also his manual boost controller kept tapering to 16lbs towards redline. We are going to be doing a twin pump set up as well as an EBC and round three should bring us close to 700HP...Also the car is daily driven and fitted to R/T Specs as you can see!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Vince@R/TTuning; 12-23-2011 at 12:03 PM.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:02 PM   #2
Ej6Mike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16729

My Ride:
Manwagon

WTF!? thats an insane amount of power. Hows the customer like it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
sure!
Old 12-23-2011, 12:05 PM   #3
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor

Member #3958

My Ride:

Customer is very happy, he has been dedicated to this car from the beginning going from N/A to Stillen SCed and then to Greddy TT.

Old 12-23-2011, 01:24 PM   #4
mac
Noob-Jersey

Member #14498

My Ride:
350z

Jeez -- may need one of these.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:24 PM   #5
DaBombDiggidy
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10372

My Ride:
2004 SRT

simply amazing. great work guys!

Quote:
-car guy to car guy "Biggest let down ever... its rear wheel drive but barely pushing 200 hp..."
-comment from non car enthusiast "I didn't know you could even be let down by a Scion....."
Old 12-23-2011, 03:19 PM   #6
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor

Member #3958

My Ride:

^^^ thanks for the good words....specs for those who asked...

Motor Specs
IPP stage2 with S7 cams
DW800 cc injectors
Greddy 20g kit
Motordyne TDX exhaust?(dont quote me on that)

Hopefully in the spring we will do an EBC with a CJM Twin Pump assy and see what the 20g's are capable of...

Old 12-23-2011, 04:59 PM   #7
EliteImports
Former Vendor

Member #8542

My Ride:
1992 Nissan Silvia

Send a message via MSN to EliteImports
i'd like this setup in my S13!!! sup?
Old 12-23-2011, 07:51 PM   #8
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor

Member #3958

My Ride:

We could make that happen.....ooooorrrrrrr ......you could drive our VQHR TT GS400 in FD for us this year....

Old 12-23-2011, 08:15 PM   #9
EliteImports
Former Vendor

Member #8542

My Ride:
1992 Nissan Silvia

Send a message via MSN to EliteImports
hmmmm...
Old 12-23-2011, 10:16 PM   #10
01bb6er
Tri-State Addict

Member #7015

My Ride:
95 Kouki Converted 240sx

Damn thats a serious G. Whats the coilover setup? It looks like the car would rub like crazy if the rear end would squat down under all that power
Old 12-23-2011, 11:21 PM   #11
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor

Member #3958

My Ride:

I beleive he is running stance true coilovers in the rear. Customer did a great job with the wheels and tires and we spent alot of time with rolling the fenders and fitting the rear. When it squats and he hits big bumps it barely touches the bead guard on the tire....its pretty awesome.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:21 PM   #12
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor

Member #3958

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteImports View Post
hmmmm...
offer's there....

Old 01-03-2012, 09:37 PM   #13
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor

Member #3958

My Ride:

******CONFIRMED******this car will be in our both at the Philly Car Show!!!

Old 01-30-2012, 11:29 AM   #14
Erik@R/TTuning
Former Vendor

Member #17281

My Ride:
2000 MR2 Spyder

Come see this beast at the R/T Tuning / Shades of Gray booth at the Philly Auto Show this year.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:03 PM   #15
Erik@R/TTuning
Former Vendor

Member #17281

My Ride:
2000 MR2 Spyder

The car had a great reception at the Philly car show and will soon be back at R/T for more upgrades!
Old 02-23-2012, 10:19 PM   #16
95TurboDC2
Tri-State Addict

Member #2472

My Ride:
06 civic si

Send a message via AIM to 95TurboDC2
f'ing sick. need his job so i can own one!!
'06 kawasaki 636-present
Old 02-23-2012, 11:35 PM   #17
stang8psi
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #6148

those were std numbers! what were sae? thats the real power!
Old 02-24-2012, 10:14 AM   #18
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor

Member #3958

My Ride:

SAE was 560hp and 525tq Uncorrected was the same as STD I believe. But you can't apply SAE correction factor to boosted cars so its not the "real power".....

Old 02-24-2012, 11:48 AM   #19
stang8psi
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #6148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince@R/TTuning View Post
SAE was 560hp and 525tq Uncorrected was the same as STD I believe. But you can't apply SAE correction factor to boosted cars so its not the "real power".....
Ha ha ha.... Sure about that buddy.. you certainly take the sae factors into count with a boosted car.. std numbers are a perfect world I am looking for a high number and we are not taking into consideration of air,humidity, correction value . Wow... Love the 5 correction value also.. its your shop's Big Ego though lol
Old 02-24-2012, 01:07 PM   #20
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor

Member #3958

My Ride:

you def can take it into account as a general idea, but you said that's the "real power" and that's just not true. When it comes to boosted cars SAE correction cant be taken at face value. Here is a general way of how SAE is calculated(not the actual formula)

The Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) created the SAE J1349 JUN90 standard method for correcting horsepower and torque readings so that they will seem as if the readings had all been taken at the same "standard" test cell where the air pressure, humidity and air temperature are held constant. Furthermore, the SAE J1349 JUN90 standard includes an assumed mechanical efficiency of 85% in order to provide an estimate of the true engine horsepower (without accessories).

The problem with applying SAE to boosted cars is it doesnt take in consideration of the efficiency of the turbo and intercoolers. Also baro plays a pretty large percentage in SAE calculation, but with a boosteds car you have positive pressure in the manifold so baro pretty much goes out the window, or at least has to be calculated in differently. So when you take air and compress it through a turbo(effects the Baro value and the temp value by heating the air during compression), run the air through a length of piping and then cool it through a heat exchanger (which also effects temperature and air density) and then it runs through a manifold which depending on design can dictate the pressure as well, no you cant use SAE calculations at face value.

Now obviously when you have a hot humid day on top of a mountain you need to consider the conditions, just like when you are at sea level with a cold dry winter morning conditions are ideal. IMO SAE on boosted cars is a little too detrimental to the actual numbers. There are a few good articles online about this from some engineers who analyse it alot more. Below is the graph in an uncorrected format with a smoothing of zero which is what the car made that day and is undisputable...

As far as the ego comment I'm not sure if we ever met in person or if you have been to the shop before but if you take us posting results, being more than forth coming with info, and proud of the work we do as having and ego, you should come to the shop cause that is definitely not the vibe we give off.

Last edited by Vince@R/TTuning; 02-24-2012 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Just correcting some spelling mistakes.