TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Gallery
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-17-2009, 07:36 PM   #1
Lil Shoaf
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #10860

My Ride:
2002 Subaru WRX - Phobos

2 days of work in prep for Dyno.... Dyno Sheet and Video.

As the title says I've spent the past (2) days preping Phobos (my WRX) for an upcomming dyno day.. There were several things besides the typical fluid changes and what not.. Well after dinner I got bored since my wife is off to work so I gave the car a quick wash so I can give her a good polish tomorrow so she looks as best as she can on the dyno. I'll post those shots and a video latter.. Ignore the Dents and other signs of Age.... LOL..

Dyno Video:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

1/8 Drag Race:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Lil Shoaf; 04-25-2009 at 08:41 AM.
Lil Shoaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:47 PM   #2
2000MRDC2
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1004

My Ride:
1999 Integra LS Sedan

Send a message via AIM to 2000MRDC2
looks good, the intake mani is sexy, what turbo u running? and what do u expect it to make?

Honda <3
2000MRDC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:54 PM   #3
dudewheresmycar
Tri-State Addict

Member #10168

Send a message via AIM to dudewheresmycar Send a message via Yahoo to dudewheresmycar
looks sexy

dudewheresmycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 09:54 PM   #4
Lil Shoaf

Member #10860

My Ride:
2002 Subaru WRX - Phobos

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000MRDC2 View Post
looks good, the intake mani is sexy, what turbo u running? and what do u expect it to make?
I have a GT35R with a .86 hot side in there currently. I already put down 425/360 but I added a few things to free up the restricted air flow which killed my TQ numbers.. I should be 450/405ish with the non "Push It" tune that I'm on. I still have a lot to play with in my tune but I'm not up for that yet..

Dyno Video:

1/8 Drag Race:
Old 04-17-2009, 10:12 PM   #5
slow_spool
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #11644

My Ride:
37r neon

Send a message via AIM to slow_spool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Shoaf View Post
I have a GT35R with a .86 hot side in there currently. I already put down 425/360 but I added a few things to free up the restricted air flow which killed my TQ numbers.. I should be 450/405ish with the non "Push It" tune that I'm on. I still have a lot to play with in my tune but I'm not up for that yet..
whats done internally?
slow_spool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 04:23 PM   #6
Lil Shoaf

Member #10860

My Ride:
2002 Subaru WRX - Phobos

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow_spool View Post
whats done internally?

LOL. Everything. The bottom end is fully forged and ballanced to 10,000rpms. It's also sleeved with Darton Ductle Iron sleeves.

The heads are fully ported and polished with over sized valves and Kelford cams, Dual springs, Titanium retainers, ect...

To put that power down I'm running a Full PPG dog box with all upgrades and PPG front LSD coupled with Kaaz Rear LSD (the PPG unit was not ready in time)..

The motor is good to much more power then I ever plan to run..

Dyno Video:

1/8 Drag Race:
Old 04-18-2009, 10:14 PM   #7
slow_spool
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #11644

My Ride:
37r neon

Send a message via AIM to slow_spool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Shoaf View Post
LOL. Everything. The bottom end is fully forged and ballanced to 10,000rpms. It's also sleeved with Darton Ductle Iron sleeves.

The heads are fully ported and polished with over sized valves and Kelford cams, Dual springs, Titanium retainers, ect...

To put that power down I'm running a Full PPG dog box with all upgrades and PPG front LSD coupled with Kaaz Rear LSD (the PPG unit was not ready in time)..

The motor is good to much more power then I ever plan to run..
Nice mod list!

do you like the ppg dog box tranny so far?
slow_spool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 10:21 PM   #8
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
sounds serious... are you retuning or just getting it back on the dyno for some pulls?

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:46 PM   #9
Lil Shoaf

Member #10860

My Ride:
2002 Subaru WRX - Phobos

Tomorrow is the BIG day.. I can't wait for that Mustang Dyno to break my heart..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
sounds serious... are you retuning or just getting it back on the dyno for some pulls?

I did (2) differenet road tunes and now I'm planning on running some pulls but will do a little tuning if I find anything that I don't like..

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow_spool View Post
Nice mod list!

do you like the ppg dog box tranny so far?
I love the PPGs.. The whine can be intense at times for passengers but I love it.. It funny when people tell you that there is some thing wrong with your car because they can hear it whining...

Dyno Video:

1/8 Drag Race:
Old 04-19-2009, 11:05 PM   #10
SupraMr2

Member #6924

My Ride:
1995 Subaru Impreza L Swapped

^I wise I can have a PPG box. 5 or 6 speed?
Nice build!
SupraMr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:42 AM   #11
Lil Shoaf

Member #10860

My Ride:
2002 Subaru WRX - Phobos

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraMr2 View Post
^I wise I can have a PPG box. 5 or 6 speed?
Nice build!
I'm running the 5 speed setup. 1-4 full dog with upgraded oem style 5th. I love the PPGs. I went all out on that transmission and purchased everything that Andrew (andrewtechautomotive) offered..

Dyno Video:

1/8 Drag Race:
Old 04-20-2009, 05:30 PM   #12
856jersey
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #11382

My Ride:
81 VW Rabbit Pickup & 91 MX-5 Special Edition

Red horns <3. Good luck on the dyno dude.
856jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 05:53 PM   #13
97TurboDSM
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #849

My Ride:
'03 IY 20th GTI

Send a message via AIM to 97TurboDSM
so today was the day. numbers please.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:32 PM   #14
Lil Shoaf

Member #10860

My Ride:
2002 Subaru WRX - Phobos

Finally HOME.

Well, after a 9 hour trip both ways I am finally home and had a great time.

We spent all day at the shop which was pretty nice. I was able to squeeze (2) runs in on the dyno. We did no additional tuning just runs. We didn't log boost either to save time.. I'll post a link to the video once I edit it and host it up.. OK.. Now the number..

They use a Mustang MD-AWD-500-Euro chassis dynamometer at an elevation of 243' according to my GPS unit.

I put down 441whp and 375lbtq. I have to wait for ECS Performance to email my graph as they didn't have a printer hooked up to the dyno yet. I'll post it as soon as I get it.. The car hit boost hard and held 375lbtq almost to redline. It had a strong flat TQ curve..

My previous dyno was 425whp and 360lbtq on a DynaJet which most argue is 10-15% higher then a Mustang. I figure the FMIC, Magnus Intake Manifold, Header, and Jethot piping added some decent power.. If calculated the old numbers would be about..

380whp and 330lbtq VS 441whp and 375lbtq.. I'm happy with the added power.. I put down the highest numbers on their dyno to date..

http://www.eastcoastswappers.com/index.php

Dyno Video:

1/8 Drag Race:
Old 04-21-2009, 06:00 PM   #15
jjm4life
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4443

My Ride:
jew canoe

Send a message via AIM to jjm4life
wait let me get this straightl.. you traveled 9hrs round trip for 2 dyno runs and no tuning... wow thats dedication to a shop.

great numbers though. must be a beast
Old 04-21-2009, 06:10 PM   #16
Lil Shoaf

Member #10860

My Ride:
2002 Subaru WRX - Phobos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjm4life View Post
wait let me get this straightl.. you traveled 9hrs round trip for 2 dyno runs and no tuning... wow thats dedication to a shop.

great numbers though. must be a beast
LOl, well not really. Matt from 555 motorsports came to my area for a local tuning event and he talked me into heading out to ECS with him.. It was a 9 hour trip EACH way. It was more keeping Matt company and getting away for a day or two.

It is a beast and a blast to drive...

Dyno Video:

1/8 Drag Race:
Old 04-21-2009, 06:38 PM   #17
Lil Shoaf

Member #10860

My Ride:
2002 Subaru WRX - Phobos

Pictures...

EWG Dump marked up the Dyno a little bit..

Dyno Video:

1/8 Drag Race:
Old 04-22-2009, 03:42 PM   #18
btyler19877

Member #10844

My Ride:
2007 Mazdaspeed3

niceeeee
btyler19877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 12:03 AM   #19
Lil Shoaf

Member #10860

My Ride:
2002 Subaru WRX - Phobos

Dyno Video:

1/8 Drag Race:
Old 04-25-2009, 01:38 AM   #20
Proven
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1547

My Ride:
99 RS-WRX

Send a message via AIM to Proven
SO nice, Def. in love with your #'s and engine / tranny build!!!

Still a 2.0L ?