TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-04-2006, 10:55 PM   #61
Qwik Cobra
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #208

My Ride:
a Me2 Mustang

Send a message via AIM to Qwik Cobra
Whats wrong if people want to street race for money? I've been doing this street racing thing for a number of years, and i've yet to see anyone pull a gun. I hate that anyone would even suggest it b/c it does the street wrong. Sounds to me like if anyone is watching to many movies its you cuz. I've flagged some of the fastest cars on the Street. And i've flagged races thats been for thousands of $$$...they'res never any problems like your stating. Your making something out of nothing.

you say money racing ruined philly..but have you ever really been apart of it?? u cant hate what ya know nothing about. and im not talking about a 20$ red light race either.

Street Racing for money makes things 10X as intersting....im just as broke as everyone else, but to throw up 100$ on a race spices things up a bit. Gotta have a lil balls in your ride, and u can get some free nitrous and Gas outta it..its not a living by any means. Race Gas and nitrous aint gettin no cheaper!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

ADDICTED TO THE STREETS $$$$$!!!!!!!!!$$$$$$$!!!!!!

HATE it or LOVE it...The STREETS are where we get it in at

Last edited by Qwik Cobra; 04-04-2006 at 11:05 PM.
Qwik Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 11:07 PM   #62
TurboTagTeam
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #275

My Ride:
constantly changes

I'v seen guns pulled over races for 20$. THere is no need for it.

I can see you'r a drag only kinda guy. If that's what your car was made for then so be it.

You would most likely take my car in a drag race....Means nothing to me. I watch drag racing because there is no road course open at 1am on a friday night. Plus it's entertaining.

You can be assured that if I saw you rounding a corner at limerock on a weekend I would put so many laps on you it'd make you dizy. But that would never happen. Cause a typical drag racer dosen't even know how to downshift properly.
TurboTagTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 11:08 PM   #63
teh DIRT
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6

My Ride:
Legacy 2.0GT

Send a message via AIM to teh DIRT
tehe.....lets keep this clean guys. this thread is about the RULES, not who is a better driver.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:09 PM   #64
TurboTagTeam
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #275

My Ride:
constantly changes

And I'v been going to the philly races for over 10 years. I'v seen the change.

There's no rule saying no betting on racing at the meets????
Old 04-04-2006, 11:11 PM   #65
Qwik Cobra
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #208

My Ride:
a Me2 Mustang

My car is a stock suspension small block on pump Gas

100% street car, driving it to Wildwood in May for the car show. doing the roundy Round thing is cool, just not my thing. I'm into street cars. Im not the fastest by any means...just another 12 second car!

turbo tag team..if u been doing the philly street racing thing for 10 years or so....we gotta know each other!

i've organized tons of meets/street racing in levittown..and im in philly every weekend!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Old 04-04-2006, 11:11 PM   #66
teh DIRT
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6

My Ride:
Legacy 2.0GT

but there is a rule saying that nothing illegal or attention drawing be done. that includes racing mmmkay?
Old 04-04-2006, 11:14 PM   #67
Qwik Cobra
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #208

My Ride:
a Me2 Mustang

dirt ma girt, aint no one trying to ruin your meet man. i would never do anything to mess up anyones scene. I know what its like to organize something and have one idiot screw it up for everyone.

just wasn't sure what these meets consisted of, or if anyone after wards raced

Take a chill pill mmkay?

Old 04-04-2006, 11:15 PM   #68
teh DIRT
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6

My Ride:
Legacy 2.0GT

racing at the meets-NEVER HAPPENS

racing after the meets-ALWAYS HAPPENS

im sure we could find someone to run you....just stop by.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:16 PM   #69
Qwik Cobra
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #208

My Ride:
a Me2 Mustang

i got a 12 second car man! I aint trying to bite off more then i can chew here! just wondering if anyone raced afterwards!

Old 04-04-2006, 11:18 PM   #70
TurboTagTeam
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #275

My Ride:
constantly changes

Most people go to the N.E. Philly Raceway (AKA the blvd)

THere are very fast cars there. But most of them don't go to the meets first.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:20 PM   #71
Qwik Cobra
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #208

My Ride:
a Me2 Mustang

turbo tag team, u ever do anything in levittown at all? i used to set alotta stuff up at the blockbuster/pizza hut in fairless hills

Old 04-04-2006, 11:28 PM   #72
TurboTagTeam
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #275

My Ride:
constantly changes

I live in Fairless Hills, So I'm allways in levittown.

To be honest with ya, My car is very dangerous to drag race on the street. It is extreamly light and has way to much power. Especially with my street tires on it. It more controllable on a road course at higher speeds.

When I first bought the car I draged it a couple of times. I ran 275/35 BFG T/A drag radials and still had no traction untill middle of 3rd gear. It is defiatly a mid-low 11's sec car on drag radials. I can only say this based on other cars I have raced who had timeslips.

Edit--Gotta stay on topic... Pm me if you wanna talk more.

Last edited by TurboTagTeam; 04-04-2006 at 11:31 PM.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:41 PM   #73
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
guys please just cut off the talk about meeting up and/or racing right now... this thread is about the rules at the meets.
while at the meet, it is important to follow the rules listed above so we are able to continue holding the meets again and again. what you want to do before or after the meet in a different location is your business.
thanks,
bryan

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 11:45 PM   #74
jspek
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #539

My Ride:
cafe and a broke s2k

Send a message via AIM to jspek
follow the rules or get your tires slashed. j/k seems like after everyone leaves and its just a few of us theres always some punks who want to do burnouts and doughnuts.

jspek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 09:34 AM   #75
Qwik Cobra
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #208

My Ride:
a Me2 Mustang

this isn't about leaving doing doughnuts dumb dumb.

We all agree thats not a smart thing to do. What we used to do when we got big gatherings was inforce the rules. Someone leaves being an idiot...next time ya see em ya go up to em wit 10 people, surround the car and let him know how its gonna be from here on out.

if not u'll go from spot to spot gettin kicked out b/c one guys a douche bag

Last edited by Qwik Cobra; 04-06-2006 at 08:45 AM.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:49 PM   #76
FASTERTHANU
Tri-State Addict

Member #1021

My Ride:
EVO

Its the real deal as well as the cars.
FASTERTHANU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:12 PM   #77
jissenkenbu
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #4653

My Ride:
1990 240SX KA-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwik Cobra View Post
Whats wrong if people want to street race for money? I've been doing this street racing thing for a number of years, and i've yet to see anyone pull a gun. I hate that anyone would even suggest it b/c it does the street wrong. Sounds to me like if anyone is watching to many movies its you cuz. I've flagged some of the fastest cars on the Street. And i've flagged races thats been for thousands of $$$...they'res never any problems like your stating. Your making something out of nothing.

you say money racing ruined philly..but have you ever really been apart of it?? u cant hate what ya know nothing about. and im not talking about a 20$ red light race either.

Street Racing for money makes things 10X as intersting....im just as broke as everyone else, but to throw up 100$ on a race spices things up a bit. Gotta have a lil balls in your ride, and u can get some free nitrous and Gas outta it..its not a living by any means. Race Gas and nitrous aint gettin no cheaper!
What are you talkin about you never seen a guy in street races? Dude are you serious? Ive seen it enough, when i used to go to philly, just depends on where and whos runnin.

If you try to say people havent hadthier rides jacked after a race too your full of it. Theres a red primered civic still runnin around with a heavy hispanic guy in it who stole every part to make that car.

And i know i probly sound like im another kid or something but im a fan of the old street races when capt america still ran on the streets.

The red,white, and blue, cobra mustang.

But i gotta say alot of the meets i used to go to like the NJ Deptford Kmart meet got completely shut down by assholes racing on the the street past the kmart, and people doing doughnuts, you wanna do that **** do it on the track or in an abandoned parking lot, dont ruin chill meets because you wanna show off how many ponies you have.

Last edited by jissenkenbu; 04-17-2008 at 10:21 PM. Reason: mistake
jissenkenbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 03:08 AM   #78
caldwell
Tri-State Addict

Member #8072

My Ride:
2012 Dodge Ram

keep these meets clean - i have heard nothing but good things from some of the TST asscoiated meets around philly - i cant wait till i get some time go to one
caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:11 AM   #79
zilvia240
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #6434

My Ride:
wrb sti

well said!
zilvia240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:35 AM   #80
TurboTc215
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #14158

My Ride:
2008 scion tc rs 4.0

Street racing at car meets is for ricers. Keep it on the track.