TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > General Car Related Chat
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-13-2006, 11:48 AM   #1
driftingeric2k4
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #2026

My Ride:
2000 Ford Mustang GT/C

So after about 8-10 weeks

I have decided to keep my Mustang as resale on it is dropping due to winter coming. I may consider trading it again come spring, but for now, it is staying with me.

The biggest issues I have with the car currently are the clutch is going (no surprise) and there is a fairly serious leak somewhere in the back. I suspect that it is near the back glass where the soft top meets under the body molding of the car.

What is the easiest way to fix that leak? I am going to trace it down probably this weekend. It leaks into the trunk and into the driver side passenger foot wells by flowing down the frame where the indent from the rear wheel would be. That leads me to believe the leak is on the driver side. Once I find the leak, should some silicone fix it up or is there something here someone else recommends?

The clutch I can deal with later, no issue there as it is covered by my supplemental warranty (the only supplemental warranty I have ever bought that came out in my favor).

My friend and I got the coil pack situation under control. There was some weird stuff going on that I can't explain. He is a mechanic though and it had something to do with the electrical system and something or other <- clueless

So if I fix that leak I should be good to go. I have a car cover as well and I plan on using that for brushless snow removal. Winter is the time for FR right? hahaha *gulp* I may buy a cheap beater if I find one to get me through the winter. Then I'll put the beater in the demolition derbys or something.
driftingeric2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 08:57 AM   #2
driftingeric2k4
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #2026

My Ride:
2000 Ford Mustang GT/C

Bump....No one knows best way to fix a convertible leak? I am tracing it down this weekend...

Old 09-15-2006, 09:27 AM   #3
C'DALERIDER
Tri-State Addict

Member #1064

My Ride:
'04WRX,'06STI;WRBX2,850awhp

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftingeric2k4 View Post
Bump....No one knows best way to fix a convertible leak? I am tracing it down this weekend...

I dont know. maybe get some colored water, h2o and food dye, and a syringe and start shooting into some suspected spots? maybe shoot air thru some suspected spots after adding some soapy/bubbley water (like looking for a tire leak). IDK and you probly thought of these anyway GL
The wheel in front of me twitches and pulses with enormous energy as it tries desperately to pull away from my gasping breaths. My legs ache, the pain beginning deep, unbelievably deep, slowly creeping up through the layers of my consciousness, finally reaching the threshold where my struggle to ignore it is overcome and it comes gushing out in great spasms.
C'DALERIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 09:37 AM   #4
driftingeric2k4
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #2026

My Ride:
2000 Ford Mustang GT/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'DALERIDER View Post
I dont know. maybe get some colored water, h2o and food dye, and a syringe and start shooting into some suspected spots? maybe shoot air thru some suspected spots after adding some soapy/bubbley water (like looking for a tire leak). IDK and you probly thought of these anyway GL
The leak is big so it wont be an issue finding it. I had literally an inch of water in the driver side back foot well (where a back seat riders feet would be).

Its fixing it that I am wondering about... You think just using some silicone on the affected area will work??

Last edited by driftingeric2k4; 09-15-2006 at 09:40 AM.