TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 04-12-2007, 06:01 PM   #1
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

Send a message via AIM to Buster
The Imus Debate, Suit up.

I dont really know much about what he said. I never heard him say anything that hasnt been said somewhere before. My grandfather watches his show along with all the other shows of its kind. Not once did I ever hear somthing that made me stop and think that he was some sort of bigot.

Now every day i have to sit and listen to the Wendy Williams show and whatever the other shows are. Where I have to hear about how african americans need to step up and show the white people whats up. I counted the word "cracker" 17 times the day before Imus. And all this guy said is nappy haired hos? Certainly Cracker being said by someone of African decent could only be consider derrogatory right? I just dont think its fair that this guy who has held intelligent radio and televison or sat opposite shows like Howard Stern should lose his job after 30 years when things much worse are being spoken of on a daily basis.

And as for Jessie Jackson and friends none of them are ever seen until something minor can be turned into a money making scheme that certainly makes the educated african american seem like a money grubbing slouch when looked at. None of those men have done anything peaceful to further african american rights, but love to compare themselves to MLK and Malcolm X. And even though malcolm X wasnt as much peaceful as MLK he still maintained dignity. Apologies were acceptable then, so why does one now come with a million dollar price tag.

For the record, i hold no bias, i am not a racist, i am just curious to where the true priorities are in this matter and what about taking a man from his job will do to better the girls basketball team that he offended?
Old 04-12-2007, 06:06 PM   #2
CHAOS
TST Ruined My Life!
Banned

Member #2120

My Ride:
1984 Cadillac Brougham

its much the same as the crap howard stern goes/went thru.... only imus sucks... so he got fired... hes said crap like this before and the sponsors pulled out... its no concern of mine really... hes gone... one less dickhead preaching on the radio.

as far as racism goes.... everyone is racist to a certain extent... but really... you can hate me all you want because im white... its not gonna make me hate someone else because theyre a different race.
CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:06 PM   #3
whitezenki
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3121

My Ride:
1992 Nissan 240sx

Send a message via AIM to whitezenki
http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/...highlight=imus

personally, i feel there is a double standard, but there isnt much that can be done about it. Do you really think a bunch of white ppl are gonna go sit in front of whatever station the Wendy Williams show is on, and scream racism? Me either, but i would support them if they did

You gonna drive it, or buy it a dress?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by whitezenki; 04-12-2007 at 06:09 PM.
whitezenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:10 PM   #4
CHAOS
TST Ruined My Life!
Banned

Member #2120

My Ride:
1984 Cadillac Brougham

wendy williams is a fat whore. sue me.
CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:39 PM   #5
sherwood
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2221

My Ride:
arggg 32, vr jetta.

Send a message via AIM to sherwood
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAOS View Post
wendy williams is a fat whore. sue me.
and a nappy haired hoe
Quote:
But I am sure the exhaust is angled for back pressure to have a faster spool-up for larger size turbochargers @ low RPM
sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:51 PM   #6
zerioustt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1356

Send a message via AIM to zerioustt
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherwood View Post
and a nappy haired hoe
lmfao!!!!

your mom has no thumbs and hitch hikes like this...

Quote:
Yea seriously. Zerioustt is a toolbag.
zerioustt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:51 PM   #7
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

yeah, im still laughing
Old 04-12-2007, 06:54 PM   #8
ToTheIX's
Tri-State Addict

Member #1800

Send a message via AIM to ToTheIX's
they had some politician on tv yesterday talking about this...he is jewish and said that on many ocasions imus refferred to him as a "boner nosed beany wearing jew boy" and never once did anyone even raise an eyebrow...the guy also said that he too was never offended bc it was just what imus does....im sure much has been said about mexicans and has also gone unnoticed as well as the ethnicities of many other politicians who have come under fire by imus.....im am not a fan of the guy by any means, to be honest i cant stand hearing him...but to be fired for this is bs......sometimes i think that certain communities likes to blow things like this out of proportion....and to bring up slavery and bla bla bla opression bla bla bla is just retarded.....it has nothing to do with any of that, the guyu stated his opinion....probably not even an opinion, just a simple statement...this is more bs then the entire janet jackson thing...

**** that!
ToTheIX's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:58 PM   #9
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

ive been reading up and watched the clip, he was kidding around. This is what happens when old people watch too much tv. I forget what the name of the show is on NBC one of them where this african american girl moves back to the "ghetto" and falls in love with thes white kid and her dad gets mad at her for it? thats family tv and no one said anything.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:02 PM   #10
dynasty
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1392

My Ride:
04 rsx

Send a message via AIM to dynasty
IM NAPPY HEADED!!!! i havnt combed my hair n a while so i guess im a nappy headed hoe now

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:11 PM   #11
zerioustt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1356

i dont want to offend anyone but..

most black people are petty about the slavery thing, and anytime something "racist" happens they bring it up. ya know what, i didnt put you into slavery, neither did my dad or his, so grow the f up already and get over it. best part is there OWN people sold them to the whities. also look at the black on black crime...coincidence? im irish and my people were put into slavery...should i bitch and complain? how about jewish people?? should they go around picking fights with anyone who has german bloodlines?? people have there heads so far up there asses its rediculous. "we dont have the same opportunities as white people." there are just as many fed up white people as there are blacks. you know what its all about? your fed up parents and there horrendous parenting skills. its called commonsense, we all have it. it just so happens that some people dont choose to. it all comes down to if you want to be a loser for the rest of your life or not.EVERYONE has the opportunity to choose to live a life of dignity. slavery didnt make you oppresed...lazyness did. this doesnt ring loud for all blacks/whites/asians/mexians/aliens..just for those who bitch about the past. turns out you cant change the past but you sure have the power to control the future.(for the most part) omg im going on a tangent and my grammar/spelling doesnt go well when im pissy.

/rant

Quote:
Old 04-12-2007, 07:20 PM   #12
sherwood
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2221

My Ride:
arggg 32, vr jetta.

this thread gives me such a bad case of the itis
Quote:
But I am sure the exhaust is angled for back pressure to have a faster spool-up for larger size turbochargers @ low RPM
Old 04-12-2007, 07:22 PM   #13
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

put some tussin on it then.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:23 PM   #14
zerioustt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1356

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
put some tussin on it then.

mo tussin mo tussin!

no more tussin? put some water in it...shake it up MO TUSSIN!

Quote:
Old 04-12-2007, 07:25 PM   #15
sherwood
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2221

My Ride:
arggg 32, vr jetta.

racist bastards!
Quote:
Old 04-12-2007, 07:25 PM   #16
97TurboDSM
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #849

My Ride:
'03 IY 20th GTI

Send a message via AIM to 97TurboDSM
wow zerious if you hadnt said that i would have. took the words right out of my mouth and im gonna stop there cause reading that got me fired up.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:39 PM   #17
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

I definately know what you are talking about, it kinda goes along with the movie crash when you think about it. Racism isnt the same as it used to be. before it was a hatred, now its a crutch. i dont know whats more annoying.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:40 PM   #18
PotenzaSub
Tri-State Addict

Member #2213

Like I said before, the world needs people like Don Imus. He didn't seem like he was KKK-style rascist. I'm sure he didn't look at black people as being inferior. He just reflected a type of funny southern culture. And besides, what's the big deal with the phrase "nappy-headed hoes"? I doubt the majority of people wanted to see Imus fired. It was just a couple of black leaders who wanted to further their images. And the big corporations (ie. NBC and CBS) just got scared and feared being seen as rascist so they felt forced to fire him.

It's all really sad.
PotenzaSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:43 PM   #19
zerioustt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1356

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
I definately know what you are talking about, it kinda goes along with the movie crash when you think about it. Racism isnt the same as it used to be. before it was a hatred, now its a crutch. i dont know whats more annoying.
they boths suck!!

people are too sensitive these days. honestly if parents could beat there kids like when i grew up itd be a better world. man any parent could kick my ass if i stepped out of line, just the way it was. yeah it sucked but it made me respect people and life. dont get me wrong im not a saint, but kids today are fing animals. owell im gonna beat my kids, just hope they dont call the police or sue me.

Quote:
Old 04-12-2007, 07:44 PM   #20
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

amen, i got my ass kicked and im a nice guy.