TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-17-2006, 05:31 PM   #1
Mac @ R/T Tuning
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1823

My Ride:
2000 Honda S2000

Send a message via AIM to Mac @ R/T Tuning
Bone Marrow Drive to Save a Life

I didn't know where else to post this so I posted it here...

Quote:
As some of you know, my fiancé Jill was diagnosed with Leukemia this past December. She has been in the hospital since then undergoing chemotherapy. Her doctors have told us that her only real chance of survival is by receiving a bone marrow transplant. Unfortunately there are no matching donors within her family and a search of the international database turned up no matches as well. This makes finding a donor extremely critical right now.

We are working on organizing a bone marrow drive for Jill for sometime in July, but in the meantime there is another drive being run next week on Drexel's campus for a young girl named Amy who also has Leukemia. Tissue type matching is inherited, so that means Jill's best chance of finding a match is from people of Eastern European Jewish backgrounds. This happens to be the same background that Amy has, so being tested for one will get you tested for both of them at the same time. Getting tested is very easy and there is no blood drawing involved.

I would greatly appreciate anyone who is able to get tested or passing this along to anyone you think might be a potential match. If you have any questions please contact me or see the attached PDF file about Amy and the drive next week.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006
12:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Drexel University
Creese Building
Living Arts Lounge
Philadelphia, PA 19104

Thank you,
Rich
That's one of my Best Friends who's fiance is dying of Leukemia, I can't begin to imagine how that might feel. But if you are in the Philadelphia area and can spare the time to get tested, please do...you will be added the the global database for potential bone marrow doners, so even if you can't help save Jill or Amy, you might just be able to save some body else.

I will post more information about Jill's drive when I get it.

Thanks,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

AIM: RTTuningMac
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Home of the Hot Wheels: Advan, Work, Gram Light, Volk, AME, GP Sports & more...
Mac @ R/T Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote