TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > General Car Related Chat
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-24-2009, 08:31 AM   #1
poisonivory
Tri-State Addict

Member #5979

My Ride:
2010 Lancer GTS

Send a message via AIM to poisonivory
Refund after paying off car???

So I paid off my car a few weeks ago. I got my title in the mail yesterday with a letter from the bank. The letter stated that if I purchased Gap Insurance, which I did, I may be eligible for a refund. It states to send a copy of the letter, along with a copy of my insurance, to my dealer and see if I qualify.

Does anybody know anything about this? How often do people get this refund, and any idea on the amount?

I'm going to call them this morning. I tried calling last night when I got home and got the mail, but everyone in that department was already gone. Just want to hear from you people before I call, in case there is something I need to know.

Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
poisonivory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:37 PM   #2
venom1515
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #10543

My Ride:
95 eclipse& 05 altima

let me ask this when you purchased your gap insurance was it just a first time thing when you got the car?
venom1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:47 PM   #3
poisonivory
Tri-State Addict

Member #5979

My Ride:
2010 Lancer GTS

Send a message via AIM to poisonivory
i purchased the gap coverage when I financed the vehicle, just to cover my butt. I called the dealer today and inquired. The girl basically told me to send copies of the bank letter and my title confirming it was paid off and then they send paperwork on to the company. I paid my car off only 1 month before i was supposed to, so she said I may or may not get anything, and she couldnt even tell me how much. Doesn't hurt to try though, right?

I imagine these types of refunds better benefit people who buy Gap coverage but pay their car off WAY in advance...therefore, there is a remainder of coverage time they did not use. I can see the reason for a refund in that case, but I paid my car off one month in advance, so I have had the Gap coverage for the duration. I can't imagine they are going to refund me for that.

I was just surprised when i got the letter. I've never even heard of this kind of refund before.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
poisonivory is offline   Reply With Quote