TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 04-28-2005, 08:11 PM   #1
Aaron
Tri-State Addict

Member #185

Send a message via AIM to Aaron
How can the U.S. President be such a horrible speaker?

Not trying to start a Bush war here (no pun intended), but I'm watching his news conference where he hasn't spoken Half as much as the previous two presidents, and the speaking he is doing would surely earn him about a 'D' in any ninth grade speaking class in his own country. Seriously, a man of his position needs to be able to speak with a little sincerity in his tone.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:31 PM   #2
272sWrx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #281

Send a message via AIM to 272sWrx
nothing new, imagin if he was writing his own speaches lol.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:25 PM   #3
M3_JOHN
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #226

" if you fool me once, shame on me...you...uhh...fool me twice...shame on .....uhhhhhh....don't fool me !!! "
Old 04-28-2005, 09:36 PM   #4
nickmahhh
Tri-State Addict
Banned

Member #35

any person in that white house will always eff up. they are just a pawn in this country. we call it democracy but we dont even vote and we tell others to go that way. 70 percent of Americans dont vote and 30 percent say umm eff it. Thats not BS either. so keep on enjoying the country...cause we servived better than most countrys. Holla America! w00t!!
nickmahhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 09:42 PM   #5
Blaise
Tri-State Addict

Member #304

My Ride:
station wagon

Send a message via AIM to Blaise
Re: How can the U.S. President be such a horrible speaker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron
Not trying to start a Bush war here (no pun intended), but I'm watching his news conference where he hasn't spoken Half as much as the previous two presidents, and the speaking he is doing would surely earn him about a 'D' in any ninth grade speaking class in his own country. Seriously, a man of his position needs to be able to speak with a little sincerity in his tone.
Until you can do better, don't complain.
'08 Super Duke - mother of god
Blaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 09:49 PM   #6
UnderPoweredRS
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #233

Send a message via AIM to UnderPoweredRS
public speaking doesn't make a good leader as long as he does his job then who gives a **** if he say umm or ahhh
Old 04-28-2005, 10:12 PM   #7
Aaron
Tri-State Addict

Member #185

Send a message via AIM to Aaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaise
Quote:
Well I tried to do better a few months ago and lost. If I was complaining about that, I'd have to wait for 3 more years. However, I'm talking about a mans speaking abilities, which I could and have done better, so I'll keep complaining about it. I realize he's reading somebody elses speech, I know because he couldn't make it anymore clear. Theres more than the "ah's and umm's" that make him a horrible speaker, those just make him look retarded.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:23 PM   #8
Twin_Cam
Tri-State Addict

Member #288

Send a message via AIM to Twin_Cam
Don't get me started about Bush. 'Nuff said.

'00 Saturn SL2m- slowest car on TST
Twin_Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 12:50 AM   #9
wrx_snobordr
Tri-State Addict

Member #21

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaise
Quote:
Well I tried to do better a few months ago and lost. If I was complaining about that, I'd have to wait for 3 more years. However, I'm talking about a mans speaking abilities, which I could and have done better, so I'll keep complaining about it. I realize he's reading somebody elses speech, I know because he couldn't make it anymore clear. Theres more than the "ah's and umm's" that make him a horrible speaker, those just make him look retarded.
I dont know if this is true or not, but I have heard from a few reliable sources that he is actually dyslexic. Believing that to be true, I have to commend him on his speaking ability. I dont think their is a single person on this forum who would be able to do a better job speaking in front of the entire world with that disorder.

Also, how a man speaks in front of a large crowd has nothign to do with how intelligent he is.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:56 AM   #10
WhiteXFire
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #305

My Ride:
2007 Infiniti G35x, 2008 MB SLK55 AMG

Send a message via AIM to WhiteXFire
http://www.comedycentral.com/mp/play...nes/10055.html
WhiteXFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 02:02 AM   #11
alachua
Tri-State Addict

Member #4

My Ride:
14 Miata Club

Send a message via AIM to alachua
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_JOHN
" if you fool me once, shame on me...you...uhh...fool me twice...shame on .....uhhhhhh....don't fool me !!! "
'we have a saying back home in Texas: 'fool me once, shame on...shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on...you see a fooled man can't get fooled again'

;)

I'll try to be as reserved as possible regarding politics on the forum, but I must be frank in declaring that his re-elections eroded what little confidence I had in the american voters.

-Cliff
Old 04-29-2005, 02:38 AM   #12
TrboChicsRock
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #152

My Ride:
1998 Eclipse GSX, 2012 WRX Premium

Send a message via AIM to TrboChicsRock
I think as the President he should be a great public speaker. I don't think it's his inability to speak publicly that makes him look stupid, it's some of the things that he says.

But then again, I voted for Kerry and he lost.. so what do I know.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
TrboChicsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 06:15 AM   #13
9 Ball
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #70

My Ride:
2003 Mitsubishi Evolution VIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx_snobordr
I dont know if this is true or not, but I have heard from a few reliable sources that he is actually dyslexic. Believing that to be true, I have to commend him on his speaking ability. I dont think their is a single person on this forum who would be able to do a better job speaking in front of the entire world with that disorder.
James Earl Jones had a horrible stuttering problem as a young man, and I can't think of a better vioce for Darth Vader. His vioce is more recognizable to the world then our president (and will be for years to come) and he's been speaking in front of large crowds his entire life.

There are other people in our country that have worse problems then our president and find ways to overcome them.

I also have a feeling there are people on this forum that speak well in front of large audiences. ;)

Please note, this is not an attack on President Bush as a man, however, it is very frustrating to see the leader of the largest empire on the face of the Earth, struggle to speak and convey his ideas clearly.
9 Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 11:30 AM   #14
thewake
Tri-State Addict

Member #385

I thought that he did much better, as a speaker, once he was answering questions and was less scripted. He seemed to stumble over his words less and had fewer ahhs and umms after the speech. Then again I was listening on the radio instead of watching on TV, so you may have had a different impression.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:33 AM   #15
Broken5hift
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #397

My Ride:
08 Scion Xb & 06 TSX

Quote:
he's used to the cue cards with pictures on it. when they write words on them all hell breaks loose.
Broken5hift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 11:35 AM   #16
Broken5hift
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #397

My Ride:
08 Scion Xb & 06 TSX

i like when he "emphasizes" peoples names. as if he's the man for knowing them. "i spoke with james duddledee, yea thats right *gives look into camera* about.........stuff *leans* good stuff *another look into camera*"
Broken5hift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 06:00 PM   #17
3POINTONE4
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #396

Send a message via AIM to 3POINTONE4
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmahhh
we call it democracy but we dont even vote and we tell others to go that way.
I agree, not enough people vote, by far... but- we aren't a democracy, we're a republic.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

3POINTONE4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 10:15 PM   #18
kef
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #121

Send a message via AIM to kef
HAH! I was under the impression that his stuttering and diction problems stemed from a coke habit.

<putsfiresuiton>
Old 04-30-2005, 02:20 AM   #19
stichris
Tri-State Addict

Member #125

Send a message via AIM to stichris
WTF, mate! He should buy his gf more crystal meth!
stichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 08:16 AM   #20
DoubleOughtCel
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #343

But then he'd have to hock her ring
DoubleOughtCel is offline   Reply With Quote