TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > General Car Related Chat
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 09-18-2011, 03:30 PM   #1
FocusDude
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6269

My Ride:
01 Focus ZX3

NYE Roadtrip Ideas. For the Wife and I.

I need roadtrip ideas. If you had 8-9 days to cruise the USA/Canada during the New Years holiday, where would you go?

It's been at least 5 years since the wifey and I just loaded a car up and drove. Since we had 3 kids. Getting someone to care for all three of them, for more then 3 hours is near impossible. Well my Mother decided she was dumb enough to take them for a week, LOL, Love her. Only stipulation is it's over the NYE holiday since that is when she is off from work.

Wifey is thinking a tour of Florida, I wanna head west somewhere. Maybe Texas, New Orleans, somewhere. The only Florida I know is the Florida Keys, well and St Pete YC, Disney for the kids,we have Fam in St Pete. But otherwise it's a wasteland, I've seen enough.

I want something new, wifey is open to whatever. Help us-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
FocusDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 04:25 PM   #2
lownslow95
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #276

My Ride:
2011 Lancer GTS

Send a message via AIM to lownslow95
If I had the money/time I would go all the way west on the PATP just to say yeah I went that far and back again.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:41 PM   #3
Nick 95 6sp
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3675

My Ride:
'95 Supra Turbo 6sp

First I was thinking to head west to Wyoming, the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone, and across the mountains to Idaho, back to Wyoming and explore that area...but with only 9 days I think you spend too much time getting there.

I suggest heading north on some nice roads through PA like Rt. 6 out of Clarks Summit, through the mountains into NY by Waverly, head up to Watkins Glen since there are a couple nice bed and breakfast places on the Finger Lakes, then head north and up I-81 to 90E to a nice "back road" like Rt. 28 or other in that area, then head up toward Lake Champlain, then north into Canada and spend New Years Eve in Montreal.
Nick 95 6sp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 04:48 PM   #4
FocusDude
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6269

My Ride:
01 Focus ZX3

Im ignoring Eric, cause PA is to close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick 95 6sp View Post
First I was thinking to head west to Wyoming, the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone, and across the mountains to Idaho, back to Wyoming and explore that area...but with only 9 days I think you spend too much time getting there.
My parents just returned from Yellowstone 2 weeks ago and they loved it. I would so love to go, and was thinking about making the trip. But there is not enough time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick 95 6sp View Post
I suggest heading north on some nice roads through PA like Rt. 6 out of Clarks Summit, through the mountains into NY by Waverly, head up to Watkins Glen since there are a couple nice bed and breakfast places on the Finger Lakes, then head north and up I-81 to 90E to a nice "back road" like Rt. 28 or other in that area, then head up toward Lake Champlain, then north into Canada and spend New Years Eve in Montreal.
Now we are talking. We talked about Niagara for a day or two, but never in the winter. I need something real good to get her to head north that time of year.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
FocusDude is offline   Reply With Quote