TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Racing > Drag Racing
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 06-26-2009, 12:26 PM   #41
phillycivicsi
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #8548

My Ride:
more than you can afford pal

matt whens the next time ur comin down to the river u gotta show me this no lift shift feature lol

On topic did u dump the clutch or u rode it out a lil bit
phillycivicsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 12:59 AM   #42
09civicsisedan
Tri-State Addict

Member #10467

My Ride:
What month is it?

Send a message via AIM to 09civicsisedan
it's all good fellas ...

I slipped it from around 2400, dumping the clutch in these cars yield to horrible results.

Next time I'm in your area I'll definitely show you the NLS feature!
Old 06-27-2009, 08:45 AM   #43
rippinsti
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5362

My Ride:
2005 Subaru STi 2007 GSXR 600

Send a message via AIM to rippinsti
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DR_DB7 View Post
lol.

1- A Cobalt is not an EVO. Its does not have a time-tested 4g63.
2- Mobil 1 will not definitely harm your engine (though its def not fully synthetic)... but there are PLENTY of stories out there of engine failure while using Mobile 1.. including my previous car.

UnderPressure - READ son. Its a brand new daily driver. As far as I can tell, he doesn't have a garage full of cars like Blkz06. I'm trying to save this guy some consternation like Soda Popinski had. Kids just join this site, think they can fully mod out their car, void their warranty, run it balls to the ground... because thats what seems to be the thing to do on here, and no one will tell them not too... then, they are in a pile of SH*T when their motor blows and its not covered under the warranty. The best built motors still blow up every so often buddy... I've seen quite a few [according to some people on here] "bulletproof" 2jz's take a big oil dump going down the track... If a 2jz can go, then I think a Cobalt motor can too.... thats all i'm saying. no need to be so defensive.

If you want to beat on a car, just buy a used car... I hate to see brand new cars getting beat on and abused, then the owner cries when it blows. :D But obviously, if you parents bought u the car and pay for it...what do u care? lol

4 DR DB7 = MEMBER #13599
09CIVICSISEDAN = MEMBER #10467

I dont think he is a kid and you are making WAY too many assumptions. He has been a member on this site significantly longer than you have. Bottom line its his car. Plus it has a full warranty on it, so EVEN if it wasnt broken in as you claim it wasnt and somthing DID happen he is covered and will be fine. I work for chevy and i know it would be fine.

On topic.

Sweet car, i love the turbo cobalts, GM did right going to the turbo instead of keeping the supercharger. They are alot of fun to drive. not too bad of times. With some lil goodies you should see a nice little improvement. Are you thinking of going aftermarket or trying the GM performance parts? If GM i could possibly maybe use my discount to help you out on them.
rippinsti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:55 AM   #44
09civicsisedan
Tri-State Addict

Member #10467

My Ride:
What month is it?

Send a message via AIM to 09civicsisedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by rippinsti View Post
4 DR DB7 = MEMBER #13599
09CIVICSISEDAN = MEMBER #10467

I dont think he is a kid and you are making WAY too many assumptions. He has been a member on this site significantly longer than you have. Bottom line its his car. Plus it has a full warranty on it, so EVEN if it wasnt broken in as you claim it wasnt and somthing DID happen he is covered and will be fine. I work for chevy and i know it would be fine.

On topic.

Sweet car, i love the turbo cobalts, GM did right going to the turbo instead of keeping the supercharger. They are alot of fun to drive. not too bad of times. With some lil goodies you should see a nice little improvement. Are you thinking of going aftermarket or trying the GM performance parts? If GM i could possibly maybe use my discount to help you out on them.
Thanks man, I appreciate it. For what it is, the times aren't too bad. I've seen most Cobalt owners run 14.1-14.3 stock. I have some bolt ons coming my way (intake, down pipe, and boost tubing). I am thinking of going GM on the tune since it'll keep my warranty. It is supposed to come out sometime this summer, but it was also supposed to come out in Q1 2009 .

Honestly, any money saved would be helpful so I can get this tune from GM. I'm thinking it'll be like the other upgrade kits offered on the Sky, HHR and Solstice and be around $650.

Let me know if you can help me out, I'd appreciate it
Old 06-30-2009, 02:50 PM   #45
keefer
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #13972

My Ride:
One of them there Hondar's.

Euh, I say drive that thing as it was meant to be driven. You obviously are aware of the repercussions. Good driving, and let these incessant comments fall to the way side..
keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:41 AM   #46
06SS/SC ALL DAY
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #10193

My Ride:
1992 Geo Metro Prizm

my boy has trifecta tune on his T/C his first time EVER at the track he ran a 13.3 on his second run... next time he is pushing for 13 flat. also it was all driver. he didnt use that b.s. NLS and launch control so im my eyes. first time ever at the track in his life and NOT using no lift shift and launch control 13.3 second run isnt toooo bad at all
06SS/SC ALL DAY is offline   Reply With Quote