TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Welcome > TST Forum Info and Feedback
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 06-08-2006, 02:18 PM   #1
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
This forum sure is strict! But no, honestly... what do you really think?

Just wanted to open up a thread that welcomes feedback and constructive criticism. Not promising any changes in one direction or another, just want to hear what everyone has to say. Please understand that it is important to stay respectful in this thread, and to try to provide some support for any claims you make, whether they are good or bad. Your point will be much more effective if you can back it up.
In my opinion we have consciously eased up a bit, and things aren't as strict as they were when we first begain (although nobody in the beginning seemed to have a problem with it). Even though we have tried to ease up I still hear comments here and there about how painfully strict it is here and I wonder why exactly anyone feels that way...
Everyone on the forum wants it to be as good as it can, and a big part of that is keeping out members happy, so what you say does matter and feedback is really important to us.
So let us know. Feel free to voice any opinions you have, but please remember to be mature and respectful.
Bryan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 02:20 PM   #2
KrautFed20V
Tri-State Addict

Member #984

My Ride:
01 GTP & Honda ChitBox

i think this is a brilliant idea troll for some feedback and overdue, that said, in honesty i think things have eased up a bit and are heading in the right direction. when i get the chance i'll comment with the things i see could help here....

KrautFed20V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 02:21 PM   #3
SexyDSM95
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #188

Send a message via AIM to SexyDSM95
I think it's kind of cruddy that s-o-p-h-o-m-o-r-e is censored...I personally think that maybe the Moderaters need to be tweaked a bit.
SexyDSM95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 02:22 PM   #4
05Accent
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1050

My Ride:
2008 Evo X GSR, 2002 Honda CRV

Send a message via AIM to 05Accent
I personally think that the forum is great. Tst is one of the best forums that iv become part of. The people are nice, courteous, understanding and really helpful, with the exception of a few. (that’s just how it is). Any who, as for the rule and regulations I think they are very lenient, I mean what is a forum without rules to follow. As for the swear filter its not really bothering me. Im sure there are a few that might thing other wise but as for the most part its good. I mean you really don’t need to be cursing anyways to ex, tell someone how good a certain exhaust works for ur car, or what size turbo u put in.. as for what’s going on with the avatars, again im fine with them. Just some people need to really think about what kind they are putting up. I mean im sure they don’t mean to do it on purpose but still it may have an effect on other people. All im saying is the rules for the avatars should be common sense,
For example u don’t want someone with an avatar with breasts or a women, or drugs because we might have kids that join the site and im sure that’s what TST wants to promote.
Well that’s my .02
With MIVEC Turbo
Daily-2002 Honda Crv Cruisin'
With Vtec
Quote:
Yea Junior you suck. Everyone boo this man!
Quote:
obviously you have an 05 accent and your picture is just your dream car.

Last edited by 05Accent; 06-08-2006 at 02:32 PM.
05Accent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 02:26 PM   #5
D Money
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #798

My Ride:
Big dawg ride

Send a message via AIM to D Money
Nothing is wrong with tst. It's run great the way it is. As far as the moderators are concerned, I am not going to lie, they do their job just fine. They are not biased and only do what is right. Now, why can't people just lay back and chill.

Quote:
D has beat me up in public before. be careful this guy is reckless!
D Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 02:28 PM   #6
3'' DROP
Noob-Jersey

Member #2027

There should be no deleted threads or comments, or banned members. Because if you ban people or their comments then opinions are not welcome here and freedom of speech is threatened. The more it is threatened the more it will be taken away. F- that, say what you want, offend who you want, Im rick james B--ch
3'' DROP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 02:29 PM   #7
SexyDSM95
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #188

Quote:
Originally Posted by subwrxkid
Nothing is wrong with tst. It's run great the way it is. As far as the moderators are concerned, I am not going to lie, they do their job just fine. They are not biased and only do what is right. Now, why can't people just lay back and chill.
I have to disagree sorry...maybe when you are the victim you will change your tune. I am not saying ALL the moderators are this way but some are whether they can help it or not.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:29 PM   #8
KrautFed20V
Tri-State Addict

Member #984

My Ride:
01 GTP & Honda ChitBox

i don't want this thread to be junked up as a flame war but there was certian situations that went down that were not fair. The issues were ironed out and i'm hoping nothing like such happens again. just play fair and be nice especially when dealing with people you don't know and it's all good

Old 06-08-2006, 02:29 PM   #9
MuddyREX
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #82

My Ride:
02 Subaru WRX

I don't want to piss in anyones cornflakes, but I could do without some of the swear filters.

Other than that, i'm a happy camper.

<---- 190,000 mile WRX - Gone
MuddyREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 02:31 PM   #10
D Money
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #798

My Ride:
Big dawg ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyDSM95
I have to disagree sorry...
how did I know you would be the first to quote me...

If you want me to prove my opinion then I will.

The Mike- Couldn't be any more fair, he is a nice guy and only treats situations the way they should be.

Troll- Always leaves it up to everyone to decide, unless it needs to be fixed to better tst.

Personally since Troll asked for feedback, I would really like to see Muddyrex as a mod, he seems to be fair and tends to be someone who gets along with everyone.

If you need anymore input from me, let me know....

Quote:
Old 06-08-2006, 02:32 PM   #11
SexyDSM95
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #188

Quote:

The Mike- Couldn't be any more fair, he is a nice guy and only treats situations the way they should be.

Troll- Always leaves it up to everyone to decide, unless it needs to be fixed to better tst.

I am not going to air dirty laundry without the approval from TROLL. The situation was ironed out but the way a certain situation was handled was uncalled for, completey biased, and in your favor.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:34 PM   #12
MuddyREX
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #82

My Ride:
02 Subaru WRX

I smell a can of worms being opened....

<---- 190,000 mile WRX - Gone
MuddyREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 02:34 PM   #13
D Money
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #798

My Ride:
Big dawg ride

Quote:
I am not going to air dirty laundry without the approval from TROLL. The situation was ironed out but the way a certain situation was handled was uncalled for, completey biased, and in your favor.
In my favor?

Elaborate...

Quote:
Old 06-08-2006, 02:35 PM   #14
S4toSTI
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #348

My Ride:
Cars are so 2007

Send a message via AIM to S4toSTI
I think the problem that sandra is referring to is referring to the point that mods are humans not machines. People have feelings people get over whelmed and in some of those cases people get upset over decisions.

As for me i have been on this site and surely posted enoough that i have gotten over the no cursing. Guess what if you say "**** YOU" I know what you are trying to say. Would i change some stuff on this forum sure, is the stuff i would change that important... NO. I am not hear to bash anyone but i think alot of the moderators should be alittle more active. I think there are about 5 people that actually moderate these forums. Anyway keep it up cause it has grown alot since the first day i was on the site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL
Bryan: hmm Word says streetable isnt a word but i say f*** Word
"Its not a Rice Rocket its a Matzah Missile" -RichK
S4toSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 02:35 PM   #15
KrautFed20V
Tri-State Addict

Member #984

My Ride:
01 GTP & Honda ChitBox

Quote:
In my favor?

Elaborate...
EDIT: Read below.

Old 06-08-2006, 02:36 PM   #16
SexyDSM95
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #188

Quote:
In my favor?

Elaborate...
As I said I am not going to publically call anyone out or tattle-tale on someone unless asked to by Bryan. I am not going to disrespect his forum or thread by doing so. If you want to discuss it with me, PM or IM me.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:36 PM   #17
S4toSTI
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #348

My Ride:
Cars are so 2007

Send a message via AIM to S4toSTI
Quote:
In my favor?

Elaborate...
I really don't think it needs to be posted but i don't know what troll will say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL
Bryan: hmm Word says streetable isnt a word but i say f*** Word
"Its not a Rice Rocket its a Matzah Missile" -RichK
S4toSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 02:36 PM   #18
BlackBulletTSi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #224

My Ride:
99 Eclipse GSX

Send a message via AIM to BlackBulletTSi
its not sop****re thats being censored its the word in it. Thats how the filters work so yea. Other then that my 2 cents on the board is I WIN j/k lol anyway boards have been running a lot more smoother lately in my opionon

New DJ community being built,
COMING SOON!!
BlackBulletTSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 02:37 PM   #19
D Money
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #798

My Ride:
Big dawg ride

Quote:
As I said I am not going to publically call anyone out or tattle-tale on someone unless asked to by Bryan. I am not going to disrespect his forum or thread by doing so. If you want to discuss it with me, PM or IM me.
Your saying the forum's favor

or me personally?

Quote:
Old 06-08-2006, 02:37 PM   #20
05Accent
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1050

My Ride:
2008 Evo X GSR, 2002 Honda CRV

Send a message via AIM to 05Accent
vote muddy for MOD!!

Quote:

Personally since Troll asked for feedback, I would really like to see Muddyrex as a mod, he seems to be fair and tends to be someone who gets along with everyone.
iv met him before.. really cool guy..

VOTE MUDDY FOR MODERATOR
With MIVEC Turbo
Daily-2002 Honda Crv Cruisin'
With Vtec
Quote:
Yea Junior you suck. Everyone boo this man!
Quote:
obviously you have an 05 accent and your picture is just your dream car.
05Accent is offline   Reply With Quote